A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:24:40 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto Body Repair Recommendations  (Read 2920 times)
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« on: July 21, 2009, 10:37:51 pm »

I hate to admit it, but I hit a parked car.  ouch . . . oh well, it's the first my fault claim of my life, so I'm not too upset.

I have to go to ACcurate Autobody for an estimate tomorrow, does anyone know about them?  I'm tempted to just let them do the work and then I don't have to mess with anything, the insurance takes care of it all, but have also heard its better to get your own estimates.

RecommendatiOns would be appreciated, i work at 71st & Riverside so easy to get there from work would be nice (and accurate is NOT!)

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:08:15 pm »

Glad you owned up.  There's a bunch of mooks out there who wouldn't

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Wilbur
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 05:14:42 am »

Long ago I used Baron and Hart and was very disappointed.  Very poor work.  But, that was long ago, so, no recent experience.

I've used Trinity and Desert Rose recently (from the hail storm, not running into anything).  Thankfully, Trinity went out of business.  It was one of the most horrific business experiences of my life.

Desert Rose was fantastic.  It will be my auto body business of choice in the future.

I've talked to several people who used Hourglass (for hail repair) and were also thrilled.

Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 08:32:22 am »

I cannot recommend Accurate.

I had some custom work done (filled body side molding holes on my '05 Accord).  I set up an appointment a couple months in advance.  I warned them I needed to have the car done by a certain date (for a road trip).  Even with 2 months advance and a week of 'wiggle' room, they STILL ran right up to the drop dead date.  That's pretty poor planing in my book.

As for the work, there were:
Runs
Razor blade trim marks all over the place
Plus they screwed up the interior pieces both cosmetically and functionally (I'm assuming so they could get to inside of the door to fill the holes).

I also can't recommend Bodies By Bobby (46th and Mingo).  Supposedly this was a higher end 'custom' shop.  So I had my hopes up. They were great on the turnaround time they said they'd meet.

As for the work:
The blend work was nice
But
They put the emblems back on even though I specifically requested the car to be 'de-bagged'
Horrendous polish/wax throw off (caked in the cracks)

Sigh, I didn't even think I was being ultra picky, all I wanted was "OEM" quality.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 09:06:32 am »

You are going to hear good and bad on any body business in Tulsa, mostly bad as people generally will broadcast a bad experience a lot quicker than an atta-boy.  I've had good luck with hole-in-the wall body shops.  Two that come to mind are Buddy's on 6th St. between Lewis & Utica, Bill's at 40th & Sheridan.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
moosedaddy
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 09:18:36 am »

I had some work done at Accurate a couple of years ago and was pleased.  I was traveling out of town at the time and the had the work done when promised and the work was top notch.

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 09:21:46 am »

Somewhat related question:  where do you get your windshield fixed when you get a small crack in it?  

My windshield got hit by a piece of low-flying gravel, which resulted in a crack about 3/4 in long.  (It hasn't gotten any larger, thank goodness, but I want to get it fixed.)

Recommendations?
MichaelBates
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 09:46:53 am »

Robinson's is all you need to know about glass.

Seriously, they do good work. Your insurance may cover the whole cost -- fixing a minor windshield crack is considered preventative medicine.

tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 10:06:29 am »

Thanks for the help, I've also heard good things about the place on 6th St.

Funny thing was, I hit the parked car and then that afternoon my door flew open with the wind and I left a decent ding in another car, I left my card with them as well and never heard back. 

I take it especailly personal now beause I had the entire side of my car swiped TWO TIMES at the airport in the last 6 months, and of course, no note, no nothing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org