A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:43:46 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vision 2025...Part 2?  (Read 263809 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2012, 03:13:44 pm »

C'mon Ed, you have to pass it to see what's in it.

In all seriousness, I feel kind of bad for the the people who continue to work hard to make Vision2025 a success.  Vision2 is simply an effort to pimp corporate welfare, and it will likely spell the end of any future "Vision" efforts. 

This thing should have been framed, debated, discussed, and an ROI presented to the public long before being added to the ballot.  What a freekin disaster!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2012, 03:15:25 pm »

If it's not a campaign website why does it remain up?  All it does is convince people that there's little of substance in this upcoming vote, yet we're smart enough to realize it wouldn't have progressed this far without an actual plan.  
Vision2025 is still ongoing.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2012, 03:17:32 pm »

Really?

while you're at it, once it expires how do we get the necessary funds to maintain?

TULSA IN 2025:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 03:20:32 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2012, 03:21:16 pm »

What projects are unfinished outside of some of the housing subsidies? I think it would be fair to say that a vast majority of the citizenry believes the first iteration of Vision projects to be complete.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2012, 03:42:36 pm »

What projects are unfinished outside of some of the housing subsidies? I think it would be fair to say that a vast majority of the citizenry believes the first iteration of Vision projects to be complete.
Partial funding has been provided to all accounts and full to the majority of projects however the Haikey Creek Flood Mitigation (funded but not yet constructed), Oklahoma Aquarium, Zink Dam improvements, partial funding of new low water dams, Route 66 projects, City of Tulsa-Down Town and Neighborhood projects plus release of the 5% reserve funds for various other projects, have not been completed as they are funded on a cash flow basis.  The Haikey Creek project will be the next big bid advertisement, this project is currently in the final permitting process with FEMA. 

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2012, 04:01:02 pm »

Partial funding has been provided to all accounts and full to the majority of projects however the Haikey Creek Flood Mitigation (funded but not yet constructed), Oklahoma Aquarium, Zink Dam improvements, partial funding of new low water dams, Route 66 projects, City of Tulsa-Down Town and Neighborhood projects plus release of the 5% reserve funds for various other projects, have not been completed as they are funded on a cash flow basis.  The Haikey Creek project will be the next big bid advertisement, this project is currently in the final permitting process with FEMA.  

So, is the rumored $200 million giveaway to American Airlines in this next thing?

And the 60 million or so of "interest" payments to a couple of prominent locals?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2012, 06:09:15 am »

For the sake of Vision2025, I think it's important that the people of Tulsa don't associate Vision2 with it.  Unfortunately, "Vision2" implies a connection or continuance.

Perhaps we can simply suggest that the small group at the chamber re-brand it.  I have a few suggestions:

ShutUpnTakeIt
TulsaTithe
AirWelfare
Myopia2025
Tulsolindra
LivinOnTulsaTax
AWashingtonDealForTulsa2025
WeLostMillionsInMortgageIntrestSoHelpABrothaOut2025
WeThinkYou'reStupidandWillVoteForAnythingAsLongAsWePromiceToPlantATree2025

That's all I got.  It's early, and I'm not that creative until after my coffee.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2012, 06:58:57 am »

I don't like this "process" at all.  I took the survey thingey, or tried to take it several times, and each time something didn't work right.  

And more importantly, so you put your ideas out there,

"Who is reading them?"  

"Who, if anyone, is tasked with taking all the different ideas and making a final list?"  

"Are they making a final list based off of the numbers of supporters for a certain idea?"

"If we get thousands of people to mention that they want a downtown circulator route and or the Tulsa Art Deco Museum, Would it really make any difference?"  "Or would we still see things on the list that fewer people want and or even that many are against?"

There is no clear and transparent process out there, that I can see, showing how my, or your, voice will actually matter in a fair way.  

If the "descision makers" put in place by the citizens and their representatives want to put something up to a vote, fine.  But if they say they want our input to make the list,,, then I think it only right that we are able to see that that input is Fairly and Transparently, taken into account and not "picked through,,, naaa I don't like that, yea that sounds ok lets add that,,, style" leaving out actual numbers or extent of support for each item.  Until I know that, I really don't feel it's worth pushing for, promoting and organizing for what I and others say they would like, nor do I even feel fully comfortable putting out my own opinions, because, "Will it REALLY matter?".   If you say it will,,, How?  Whats the fair and transparent, measurable process thats being used?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:05:26 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2012, 07:36:46 am »

I recommend that you fill out the survey and be heard.

http://www.cityoftulsa.org/our-city/vision2/vision2-survey.aspx
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2012, 08:06:39 am »

Here we go again...

Enid Senator files Lawsuit over Tulsa Bond Project

http://kwgs.com/post/enid-senator-files-lawsuit-over-tulsa-bond-project

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A state senator from Enid is suing to stop a $25 million state bond issue to fund improvements to Tulsa's Zink Lake Dam.

Republican Senator Patrick Anderson filed a lawsuit Wednesday in Oklahoma County against the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority, Tulsa County, the City of Tulsa, Tulsa's River Parks Authority and others. He claims the use of a state bond issue on the project is unconstitutional and is asking a judge to prevent it.

City of Tulsa spokeswoman Kim MacLeod says she was unaware of the lawsuit and that city officials typically don't comment on pending litigation.

Anderson claims the bonds were originally approved by the Legislature in 2009 to match $50 million in federal funding that never materialized.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2012, 08:11:40 am »

I recommend that you fill out the survey and be heard.

http://www.cityoftulsa.org/our-city/vision2/vision2-survey.aspx

Like Artist, twice I took the time to type out a number of potential projects I think should be considered (no, I do not have the detailed cost estimates the survey asked me to provide).  Each time when I hit "submit" I received an error message and the survey stopped.  I don't think I will waste the time on a third try.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2012, 08:13:29 am »

Here we go again...

Enid Senator files Lawsuit over Tulsa Bond Project

http://kwgs.com/post/enid-senator-files-lawsuit-over-tulsa-bond-project

Some in the Okla. legislature believe it is unconstitutional for the State of Oklahoma to provide any money to Tulsa.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2012, 08:39:47 am »

Like Artist, twice I took the time to type out a number of potential projects I think should be considered (no, I do not have the detailed cost estimates the survey asked me to provide).  Each time when I hit "submit" I received an error message and the survey stopped.  I don't think I will waste the time on a third try.

I just sent in some ideas and it worked fine.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2012, 08:41:58 am »

I just sent in some ideas and it worked fine.

Try only filling out the top part and the comments and leave the bottom part empty.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2012, 09:15:21 am »

For the sake of Vision2025, I think it's important that the people of Tulsa don't associate Vision2 with it.  Unfortunately, "Vision2" implies a connection or continuance.

Perhaps we can simply suggest that the small group at the chamber re-brand it.  I have a few suggestions:

ShutUpnTakeIt
TulsaTithe
AirWelfare
Myopia2025
Tulsolindra
LivinOnTulsaTax
AWashingtonDealForTulsa2025
WeLostMillionsInMortgageIntrestSoHelpABrothaOut2025
WeThinkYou'reStupidandWillVoteForAnythingAsLongAsWePromiceToPlantATree2025

That's all I got.  It's early, and I'm not that creative until after my coffee.

Sometimes I think I'm too cynical. Then I read a post like yours and I feel really good about myself.

You're looking for villains and victims instead of recognizing organizational malaise. There are many needs in Tulsa, acquired through deferral, incompetence and poor funding mechanisms, and few options for meeting them. If you have some good ideas, share them. But taking shots at those trying to do something is too easy.

I haven't decided my support yet, but if I thought there was something really tasty for Tulsa I would support it. The buildings the city owns at the airport need refurbished. Period. If AA wasn't there they would still need attention to be rent worthy. Get past that part.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org