A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:56:35 pm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vision 2025...Part 2?  (Read 263657 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #270 on: September 10, 2012, 01:50:40 pm »

New kid means new kid smells.  There are none.  It's the solid food era that frightens me.

Per the KWGS story, this may be why the Mayor is in Japan.  He's said to be meeting with Mitsubishi about their aviation work here in Tulsa.

Maybe while over there he can ask if they can design a fire-proof cell phone?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #271 on: September 10, 2012, 02:25:27 pm »

New kid means new kid smells.  There are none.  It's the solid food era that frightens me.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #272 on: September 10, 2012, 03:01:52 pm »

Lot's of V2 money dependant on other money arriving or allocated for 'when the time comes.'
While I like some of the ideas, this remains way too vague.

Shelve it. Take a year, make a plan, present it again.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #273 on: September 10, 2012, 03:17:18 pm »

Interesting wrinkle:

Tulsa World is reporting that AA is closing the Alliance base in Ft. Worth by mid-December.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #274 on: September 10, 2012, 03:33:27 pm »

So I read this PDF:
http://yestovision2.com/Vision2_TIA_Industrial_Complex_Requirments_and_QA_8-9-12.pdf

And read around some news articles and looking at American's site, American is basically replacing it's fleet, or rather American plans to replace it's fleet of 600 planes.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/amrcorp/newsroom/fleet-renewal.jsp

They are purchasing/leasing/acquiring 460 new nextgen Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 planes. That work is being done here now, but reading between the lines there are some needed equipment upgrades as the plane counts increase for the new planes. American is also buying some new 777s and 787s and from what I can tell those planes will not fit in our current hangers.

American wants us to pay for them to rework the base so that it can do the work on all these new planes or they are going to outsource the work. But they are in bankruptcy and can't guarantee anything and if there is a merger the new people running the show may scrap the whole plan.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #275 on: September 10, 2012, 03:39:43 pm »

So I read this PDF:
http://yestovision2.com/Vision2_TIA_Industrial_Complex_Requirments_and_QA_8-9-12.pdf

And read around some news articles and looking at American's site, American is basically replacing it's fleet, or rather American plans to replace it's fleet of 600 planes.

They are purchasing/leasing/acquiring 460 new nextgen Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 planes. That work is being done here now, but reading between the lines there are some needed equipment upgrades as the plane counts increase for the new planes. American is also buying some new 777s and 787s and from what I can tell those planes will not fit in our current hangers.

American wants us to pay for them to rework the base so that it can do the work on all these new planes or they are going to outsource the work. But they are in bankruptcy and can't guarantee anything and if there is a merger the new people running the show may scrap the whole plan.

So...

Hey, this is crazy
We may stay here
If you build us stuff
We'll call you maybe

My one opportunity to use that song. 

I'll leave you now with my rendition of Rocky mountain high.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #276 on: September 10, 2012, 03:52:00 pm »

FWIW, it's not really "plans," they have financing in place. Supposedly Airbus is almost giving them the 319s and 321s in exchange for being a 320neo launch customer and Boeing supposedly arranged some very low pricing and excellent financing in exchange for being a launch customer for the 737NG. They've got enough cash on hand that barring another spike in fuel costs or other major operational difficulties, they should make it to the new deliveries, which will bring down costs significantly.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #277 on: September 10, 2012, 04:56:37 pm »

I am so-so on the zoo and the three medical buildings, but I like the other stuff.

The parks and brownfields money is desperately needed, the parking garage on Riverside is very smart, you gotta like the money for neighborhoods, downtown, and the trails and I really want to build the low water dams and the Gilcrease expressway.

But you guys are probably going to disagree with me.

I truly hope you were being facetious lol.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #278 on: September 10, 2012, 09:06:00 pm »

So I read this PDF:

I think I may have to hold my nose and vote yes on prop one.

Two is a pile of stinking poo. There is time to redo it correctly with more specifics and more money to increase the growth downtown and less for the fairgrounds and highways without cars,
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #279 on: September 11, 2012, 05:54:18 am »

So I learned last night that our little discussions here were very powerful in getting people and the media to discuss the elements of Vision2.  Some were not happy about that.  So much so that the interests that desperately want it passed have members of a PR firm that already are, or will be joining this forum to gently steer the conversation in favor of the initiative.

Welcome.  We look forward to your insights.  Cheesy

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #280 on: September 11, 2012, 06:40:11 am »

members of a PR firm that already are, or will be joining this forum to gently steer the conversation in favor of the initiative.

I think "they" will learn something about this forum.  "They" may not find us as easy to persuade as "they"  hope.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #281 on: September 11, 2012, 07:30:12 am »

So I learned last night that our little discussions here were very powerful in getting people and the media to discuss the elements of Vision2.  Some were not happy about that.  So much so that the interests that desperately want it passed have members of a PR firm that already are, or will be joining this forum to gently steer the conversation in favor of the initiative.

I am tired of carrying this alone. I assume I was going to win you all over eventually, but having help is nice.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #282 on: September 11, 2012, 08:17:46 am »

I am tired of carrying this alone. I assume I was going to win you all over eventually, but having help is nice.

Oh great....let me suggest East Holland for a moniker. Losers.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #283 on: September 11, 2012, 08:35:34 am »

So I learned last night that our little discussions here were very powerful in getting people and the media to discuss the elements of Vision2.  Some were not happy about that.  So much so that the interests that desperately want it passed have members of a PR firm that already are, or will be joining this forum to gently steer the conversation in favor of the initiative.

Welcome.  We look forward to your insights.  Cheesy

Don't need any PR per say, but would be nice to have some insight as to the rational for a lot of the items on prop 2 and some more details on prop 1.   I am still flummoxed about the need for a, park and ride, parking garage on Riverside for instance.  

Was that something brought up in one of the town hall meetings?  If not, where did it come from?  If it, and some other items, were the result of the meetings, it then appears to me that "meetings" alone are not enough.  Sounds like we could also use some back and forth discussions to help iron out priorities and how things fit into a larger, longer term set of outcomes and visions for the city.  I could offer a great idea in a meeting, but then another person may have another very different idea to, say, solve a problem or make things better, that might work even better.  But you need some discussion and give and take to determine those things.  Crowds throwing out various ideas and then someone else picking from them based on their own preconceptions and prejudices seems a limitation destined to leave a lot of things open to error.   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:50:23 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #284 on: September 11, 2012, 08:38:39 am »

Welcome.  We look forward to your insights.  Cheesy

Last member joined on the 8th.  I guess we can watch for others.

Welcome to all.  I'm interested to hear other's views.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org