A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 12:57:39 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009: The Year in Hate  (Read 30912 times)
FOTD
« on: December 22, 2009, 06:16:34 pm »

http://www.hillbillyreport.org/diary/1008/the-year-in-hate-part-1

These are great.....more to come.

Be kind!

* sym_no_devil-1.jpg (56.11 KB - downloaded 511 times.)
Hometown
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 12:29:47 pm »

There’s all kind of hate being perpetrated these days.  But it’s the local Oklahoma brand of hate that I feel the greatest responsibility to stop.

While many of us are completely unaware, Oklahoma’s hate-filled campaign against immigrants continues unabated.  
To date thousands of Oklahoma immigrants, over six thousand alone from the Tulsa area, have been deported from the United States, according to the TulsaWorld, largely because of nonpayment of traffic tickets.

Our immigrant community, which was one of Tulsa’s most vibrant communities is now greatly decimated and lives in fear.

So when you are all slapping each other on back talking about how great Oklahoma is, just remember this – There is nothing to be proud of in Oklahoma.  Oklahoma’s behavior today is consistent with her shameful history of bigotry and racism.

The Oklahoma Democratic Party has played a major role in this tragedy of our own making.  Brad Henry and Drew Edmonson have enforced these hideous laws to advance their careers on the backs of hardworking, family-orientated innocents.  Both will play a prominent role in the long chapter on racism in the history of this state.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 12:33:23 pm by Hometown » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 12:34:51 pm »

There’s all kind of hate being perpetrated these days.  But it’s the local Oklahoma brand of hate that I feel the greatest responsibility to stop.

While many of us are completely unaware, Oklahoma’s hate-filled campaign against immigrants continues unabated. 
To date thousands of immigrants, over six thousand alone from the Tulsa area, have been deported from the United States, according to the TulsaWorld, largely because of nonpayment of traffic tickets.

Our immigrant community, which was one of Tulsa’s most vibrant communities is now greatly decimated and lives in fear.

So when you are all slapping each other on back talking about how great Oklahoma is, just remember this – There is nothing to be proud of in Oklahoma.  Oklahoma’s behavior today is consistent with her shameful history of bigotry and racism.

The Oklahoma Democratic Party has played a major role in this tragedy of our own making.  Brad Henry and Drew Edmonson have enforced these hideous laws to advance their careers on the backs of hardworking, family-orientated innocents.  Both will play a prominent role in the long chapter on racism in the history of this state.

The problem is you're parsing.  ILLEGAL immigrants are just that.  ILLEGAL.

Most on here know me as pretty left-leaning.  But when it comes to this, there should be no left or right.  I had a co-worker of mine who now lives in Wichita come here from India and spend six years doing it right to get his citizenship papers.  To watch people who cross the Rio Grande pi$$ all over the law.

Let me be clear on something.  I have nothing against immigrants.  AS LONG AS THEY ARE LEGAL.  If they are living here illegally, then either they need to make in-roads to becoming legal, or they need to be shipped back.  Plain and simple.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hometown
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 12:44:14 pm »

You are at the beginning of a very long learning curve.  I'm not hopeful that you will advance much further than you have.  And you don't have a place anywhere on the left.

All of our counterparts among the Western Industrialized Nations have guest worker programs because their economies are absolutely dependant on it.  We do as well, only ours is unofficial, all to our economic benefit.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 12:46:30 pm by Hometown » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 12:54:18 pm »

You are at the beginning of a very long learning curve.  I'm not hopeful that you will advance much further than you have.  And you don't have a place anywhere on the left.

All of our counterparts among the Western Industrialized Nations have guest worker programs because their economies are absolutely dependant on it.  We do as well, only ours is unofficial, all to our economic benefit.

Once again. like ALL anti legal imigration proponents, you did not read what I said.  I have NOTHING against those with legal status (work visa or other) in the USA.  If they are here illegally, as I stated before, they need to make plausible steps to becoming legal, or go home.  Simple as that.

Don't tell me what political affilation I do or don't belong to, either.  Any conscious US citizen would be madder than hell that jobs are being taken from US citizens.

Cue the 'they are just taking those jobs that US citizens won't take' mantra.  It's BS.  And it's tired.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 01:00:19 pm »

Hometown just leave your door unlocked so people can come and go with your things as they see fit.  For you to keep your front and back door locked is just pure hate for not sharing all your bounty with your north Tulsa neighbors.  Burglars aren't criminals, they are just materially-challenged, they deserve all the things we've worked hard for.  How dare you wish that we'd lock up a burgar, armed robber, or vandal.   That's just pure hatred!

In fact, I think I'll take that pistol out of my bed-side table and leave it by my front door so a home invader has a fair chance when they break in my door.  To do anything less would put him at a severe disadvantage and would be hateful of me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 03:00:38 pm »

Hometown just leave your door unlocked so people can come and go with your things as they see fit.  For you to keep your front and back door locked is just pure hate for not sharing all your bounty with your north Tulsa neighbors.  Burglars aren't criminals, they are just materially-challenged, they deserve all the things we've worked hard for.  How dare you wish that we'd lock up a burgar, armed robber, or vandal.   That's just pure hatred!

In fact, I think I'll take that pistol out of my bed-side table and leave it by my front door so a home invader has a fair chance when they break in my door.  To do anything less would put him at a severe disadvantage and would be hateful of me.

Coco,

That's off base. To equate the two reveals your twisted view of immigrants.

Do you really think Americans can make it on their own?

buckeye
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 03:13:03 pm »

It's nothing to do with racism, it's all to do with legal vs. illegal ways to enter, live and work in the U.S.  Break the rules and you get sent home.  Now, if you want to argue institutionalized racism, well I suppose that's different - and all based on hearsay, anecdote and speculation.

The saddest Oklahoma-brand hate is that which is self-directed.  You'll feel much better when you've worked your way out of that hole.

edit: By the way, the linked 'hillbilly' blog is a long, sad, specious, irrational rant.
FOTD
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 03:24:37 pm »

Twas the night before Christmas and all through our house the vigilantes were stirring looking for a mouse!
FOTD
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 03:38:18 pm »

It's nothing to do with racism, it's all to do with legal vs. illegal ways to enter, live and work in the U.S.  Break the rules and you get sent home.  Now, if you want to argue institutionalized racism, well I suppose that's different - and all based on hearsay, anecdote and speculation.

The saddest Oklahoma-brand hate is that which is self-directed.  You'll feel much better when you've worked your way out of that hole.

edit: By the way, the linked 'hillbilly' blog is a long, sad, specious, irrational rant.

Late entry!!!!!!!!

Senator cites blacks as disadvantage for his state

"The argument here appears to be that Sen. Graham believes it is sleazy to expect a state with lots of black people in it, to have health reform," Maddow says. "Because you know, black people. Maybe he meant something other than what it seemed like with those remarks. But it should be noted he did use the same inexplicable argument twice. Once on the Senate floor and once on The Today Show. We contacted Sen. Graham's office today for an explanation. We'll let you know when and if we hear back."

Lindsey's a fag....that will break someday.

http://rawstory.com/2009/12/lindsey-graham-cites-blacks-as-disadvantage/
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 03:43:08 pm »

Hey Home-T. how bout your Mother or Grandmother riding her bicycle and killed by your favorite illegal and given seven years.
You and I both know he will not do seven but more like two or three.
I wonder if I would get the same in Mexico ?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
FOTD
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 03:49:20 pm »

Better look out! Here come the illegal GAY Mexicans! And they're married! Double no no!!!!

MEXICO CITY BRINGS GAY MARRIAGE SOUTH OF THE BORDER
http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/mexico_city_brings_gay_marriage_south_of_the_border_20091221/?ln

"The change would allow same-sex couples to adopt children, apply for bank loans together, inherit wealth and be included in the insurance policies of their spouse, rights they were denied under civil unions allowed in the city. "

OMG! This could spread into the USA like killer bees!

How come nobody here ever complains about the illegal Asians?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 04:08:35 pm by FOTD » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 04:50:36 pm »

Coco,

That's off base. To equate the two reveals your twisted view of immigrants.

Do you really think Americans can make it on their own?

I think you know better. I count many immigrants amongst my friends, immigrants from England, Ireland, Germany, Mexico, Venezuela, Canada, Africa, Australia, Cuba, Jamaica, Russia, basically from countries on six out of the seven continents.  I don't know any immigrants from Antarctica.  Roll Eyes

Illegal is illegal, theft is theft.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 04:56:01 pm »

Don't take things so personal...the devil agrees....we need immigrants, of course the "legit" ones, if for nothing else but to raise America's IQ level.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 06:59:20 pm »

How come nobody here ever complains about the illegal Asians?

Assuming they are illegal...

In other parts of the USA, the locals complain about the Asians' kids doing really good in school, speaking better English than the local kids, and eventually getting the good jobs.

Probably not enough in the Tulsa area to tilt the playing board.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org