A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 11:25:20 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa World provides water usage database  (Read 9535 times)
MDepr2007
« on: February 07, 2010, 11:38:39 am »

How do you feel about the local paper providing a database of who lives at what address, where you live and how much water you used last year ? Granted your name has to be on the water bill and with most of us, our information is already out there but doesn't this go too far?

Kinda blew me away that RM used over 270,000 gallons last year. Must be for watering those highway trees ( against city guidlines) or have great party pool Grin
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 12:06:29 pm »

You stalking me? Please stop.

Yes. I have a pool and a sprinkler system to water an acre and a half backyard.

Power is nothing till you use it.
rwarn17588
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 12:17:22 pm »

Average is 86,000 gallons? Wow.

I'm less than a third of that.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 12:31:24 pm »

I also planted and watered 50 new trees last year after PSO took out 10 mature trees last year. Yes, I used a lot of water last year. I have a large backyard filled with gardens and plants that take a lot of water. I also have five people living in my home and threw big pool parties. When you have 24 kids in the pool at a party, you should also flush the pool system.

rwarn17588
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 12:36:14 pm »

RM, have you ever looked into a rainwater catchment system? It'd be a good option for your plants.
MDepr2007
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 12:44:02 pm »

RM, have you ever looked into a rainwater catchment system? It'd be a good option for your plants.

I saw something about that a week or so ago on Victory Gardens , pretty neat setup...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 12:50:29 pm »

The first time I saw a Cistern was a house in Maple Ridge.  Neat idea but make sure the kids dont play around it.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 12:53:06 pm »

Yes. I made a presentation to former Mayor Taylor on rain gardens and tried unsuccessfully to convince her to use stormwater management funds to subsidize a sale of rain barrels for residential use.

The majority of my water use is the pool. It is large (30,000) gallons and we struggled last year to get it clear early in the season. We flushed and flushed and poured way to many chemicals in the damn thing. I figured it cost me $1500 for five months of swimming.

At ten bucks a day, I made the kids swim.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 01:51:45 pm »

The majority of my water use is the pool. It is large (30,000) gallons and we struggled last year to get it clear early in the season.
Hah, my total water usage for the year wouldn't have been enough to fill your pool.  Shocked

That new washer, dryer, and dishwasher really save on the water.

It would be interesting if the World were able to provide a monthly breakdown, but it would be even creepier than it already is.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 02:06:52 pm »

I ended up with 39,000! I'm surprised, too, since I had my sprinklers going quite often trying to keep my relatively new yard and my new trees from dying.

---Robert
MDepr2007
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 02:16:38 pm »

So whats next, is the paper going to open up our PSO, Cable and ONG bills? How far can it go?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 02:19:36 pm »

I ended up with 39,000! I'm surprised, too, since I had my sprinklers going quite often trying to keep my relatively new yard and my new trees from dying.
You waster of water. My SO and I used 19,000 gallons. (Yes, we bathe regularly  Tongue)

This thing is terrible. It does make it a lot easier to figure out who has a pool, though.

MDepr: Last I checked, all of those services were provided by private companies, thus are not subject to open records requests.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 02:58:00 pm »

You waster of water. My SO and I used 19,000 gallons. (Yes, we bathe regularly  Tongue)

This thing is terrible. It does make it a lot easier to figure out who has a pool, though.

MDepr: Last I checked, all of those services were provided by private companies, thus are not subject to open records requests.

Pool or a lot invested in green vegetation they they don't want to turn brown.

"Regularly" implies but does not guarantee a short time interval. Once a month, every month, is regularly.    Tongue back at ya.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 03:23:05 pm »

Pool or a lot invested in green vegetation they they don't want to turn brown.
This is why I'm glad my grass and shrubs don't turn brown even if I don't water them.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 04:14:26 pm »

I'm unable to find said database...   
Removed?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org