A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 11:17:09 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frontier Airlines has dropped Tulsa... Again.  (Read 2624 times)
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« on: February 10, 2010, 04:36:08 pm »

Frontier Airlines has dropped Tulsa... Again.

Hacks me off... I liked them.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/02/04/338074/republic-plans-phase-out-of-q400-operator-lynx.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:37:57 pm by brunoflipper » Logged

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 04:51:01 pm »

Can't say that I've ever used them... Sucks though to lose service.

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:00:18 pm »

I didn't realize they were still around, period.  I thought they BK'd and liquidated several years back. Might have helped to advertise in the local market a little more other than billboards (if they were even doing that) near the airport where most people are headed AFTER they've bought a plane ticket. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
brianh
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 05:44:44 pm »

I loved that airline. Travelocity gave me their tickets several times after I was searching for rock bottom fares. The staff was really nice compared to the big airlines.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 06:19:52 pm »

Bummer, that was handy for Denver and back in a day.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 02:43:17 pm »

Though we already have United and Southwest flying the TUL-Denver route it was nice having a third option.  I'm still hoping for another West Coast link in the future, hopefully TUL-San Francisco on United, and a non-stop to New York.  I know we have the TUL-Newark non-stop on Continental but it would be nice to have another option especially considering NW Arkansas has a non-stop to New York and we don't...

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 03:09:08 pm »

especially considering NW Arkansas has a non-stop to New York and we don't...
Personally, I'd rather have a connection than fly on a jungle jet for that distance. I don't mind them for anything up to about 500 miles. Beyond that, I'm not interested in the least.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 04:58:25 pm »

Personally, I'd rather have a connection than fly on a jungle jet for that distance. I don't mind them for anything up to about 500 miles. Beyond that, I'm not interested in the least.

Very true, I was thinking jetBlue's large body aircraft flights to JFK.  That would be amazing if Tulsa could snag one of those routes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org