A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 05:23:44 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Marshall's need to Growl?  (Read 7634 times)
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 10:53:21 am »

Does the second part about brewers "without" the state allow a brewer in, say MO, to sell beer to an Oklahoman while on the brewery site in MO?   The "within" state part makes sense.

Good question. I have no idea. Granted, I don't have much experience reading legislation, but Oklahoma law has no effect in Missouri.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 12:59:20 pm »

Freestate Brewery, circa 1989 and the original Breckenridge Brewery back in 1990 have both been doing the growlers since I was a wee drinking lad...

Me likes the HJR1062

Same here, I wonder what its status is?  That would open the door for brewpubs to actually produce good beer.  While I really want to see refrigerated high point beer in liquor stores the most the issue with the brewpubs would be another step in the right direction.  Then we can work towards getting wine and beer in the grocery stores.  I could care less about the convenience stores and having liquor outside the liquor stores, but it would be nice to have Sunday beer/wine/liquor sales.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 01:06:04 pm »

Anything that upsets the legalized organized crime syndicate Oklahoma liquor distributors won't fly if they can't get their fingers in the middle of it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 02:25:36 pm »

I don't care where I have to buy it, be it a liquor store or a grocery store, I just want to be able to get New Belgium, Odell, and a bunch of the other craft beers that are available in every neighboring state except this one.

The ability to buy beer in grocery stores is overrated, just allow the liquor stores to sell good beer with no stupid warm beer only and Sunday restrictions.

Until then, this state will continue missing out on substantial amounts of sales tax from me, as I travel enough to not have to put up with this garbage.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org