A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 01:34:15 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 399,308 Tulsans  (Read 10836 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 02:20:46 pm »

I say screw OKC.  Lets build more connections to NWA, including rail lol.  Come to think of it, I have actually done more mural work in that area than OKC as well.

There are definitely some deep pockets in NWA.  Not that there aren't in OKC as well, but per capita there may be more in Bentonville/Rogers/Springdale. 

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 04:26:40 pm »

Drive through Utica Square on any given Saturday and there are usually a large number of cars with Arkansas plates.  I assume Woodland Hills is the same.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 05:12:14 pm »

I grew up in Fayetteville, and back in the day Tulsa was a big shopping and entertainment draw.  Of course, this was back in the 80s when NWA was really only a string of sleepy towns up and down Hwy 71.   Since the growth has occurred, though, there's far less reason to come over here now.  Shopping options especially have improved (seen the Pinnacle Hills mall recently?), and there're enough sports (minor league baseball; U of A sports) and music (Dickson St. particularly) to give us a run for our money.  And honestly most folks who live in NWA take their recreation somewhere in Arkansas (higher mountains, rushier rivers, caves, trees, etc). The Walton Arts Center even gets a steady stream of PAC-worthy acts. 

I'm not saying there's no exchange across the Cherokee Turnpike, but I think it's now mostly either business or family related. 
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 06:04:17 pm »

I remember seeing Dan P Holmes (sp?) on the TV complaining about Highway 33.  We finally upgrade the road to western AR and what do they do?  They build their own stuff.  Gee Thanks.
 Cheesy

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 07:54:12 pm »

I remember seeing Dan P Holmes (sp?) on the TV complaining about Highway 33.  We finally upgrade the road to western AR and what do they do?  They build their own stuff.  Gee Thanks.
 Cheesy

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/itemsofinterest/centennial/centennial_storypage.asp?ID=070301_Ne_a10_highway_0

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 02:26:44 pm »

This is from 2009 but the Tulsa Chamber needs to update its data.  It shows the city population falling to 380,000 by 2013.  That is obviously not the case.

http://ww3.tulsachamber.com/upload/file/Economic%20Development/Tulsa%20Demographics%202009.pdf

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 02:41:37 pm »

The Metro Chamber has a terminally broken calculator, SXSW.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dsjeffries
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 03:05:36 pm »

The Census Bureau has a nice, interactive map that lets you trace the return rate for each zip code/census tract. Type in your ZIP code and go! Pretty cool stuff: http://2010.census.gov/2010census/take10map/

Sad to say that Tulsa's response rate is lagging behind the suburbs and the rest of the nation. If we want to secure our representation, we need to count everyone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 11:46:35 am »

Census numbers for 2009 are showing 389,825 in Tulsa.  Unfortunately Tulsa finishes the decade with a 0.9 decrease in population even though the last few years have seen increases.

Growth in the Tulsa metro

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 04:23:35 pm »

I'm willing the bet that there are actually more people living in Tulsa than there were 10 years ago.  To say why I think that would turn this into a political debate, however.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 08:16:37 pm »

Well if we added 3,870 last year and that brought us to 3,400 shy of our all time high... by now we  may have surpassed that number.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
waterboy
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 07:10:29 am »

He's implying illegal immigrants.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org