A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:19:41 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brownie's  (Read 6684 times)
Nik
Philanthropist

« on: April 16, 2010, 07:53:40 am »

Brownie's on Harvard is under new ownership. Expect to see some improvements over the coming months. So feel free to stop by and support the new owners with your business!
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 09:23:47 am »

Improvements?

No!

No!

No!

No!

Leave it just the way it is!!!
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 09:32:55 am »

It needed it....Once Bill and Rodney were gone there was really no reason to go......

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:34:44 am »

Improvements?

No!

No!

No!

No!

Leave it just the way it is!!!

Been there recently? It needs to be cleaned up. I don't know what all is in store, but it really needs some curb appeal restoration. Trim the trees in front and restore the signage. Give it more of a presence on Harvard.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 09:38:19 am »

Been there recently? It needs to be cleaned up. I don't know what all is in store, but it really needs some curb appeal restoration. Trim the trees in front and restore the signage. Give it more of a presence on Harvard.

You got that right...

buckeye
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 09:52:16 am »

I went a couple years ago.  FAST! cheap and basic.  Reminded me of service and food at diners that were remarkably old-school when I was a little kid.  I hope they preserve that atmosphere.
Dana431
Armchair Urbanist
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 11:55:42 am »

Yes!  Get rid of all that pickled oak on the interior!
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 12:02:09 pm »

It would be a great place to clean up and make some improvements, as long as the character is retained. Upgrade equipment, plumbing, mild cosmetics would all be good for the business/building.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 12:03:23 pm »

I have no idea what place you are talking about but I like brownies.
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 12:09:24 pm »

It needed it....Once Bill and Rodney were gone there was really no reason to go......

That's so gay of you BB....
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 10:12:08 am »

Went by yesterday and the place is already looking better. They cut some trees out front so you can actually see the sign. The inside has been cleaned up a lot. It had been 3-4 months since I was in there last, so it was hard to tell exactly what had changed, but it definitely looked cleaner. Lot of new staff. I went in during lunch and it was fairly busy. All booths and tables were taken when I got there. Still a work in progress, but definitely a step in the right direction.

Oh, and the food was still great.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 09:30:30 pm »

Rick Wells did a segment today there advertising the hamburger eating contest this Thursday.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/category.asp?C=121535&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4852968&flvUri&partnerclipid
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 09:57:30 pm »

Sgrizzle,
You owe it to yourself to go find them.  I haven't been able to get there in years, but it sure was good long long ago.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cjmcinty
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 10:33:23 pm »

Had to laugh when I read this. About a month ago I realized that I've driven past this restaurant hundreds of times on my way to and from TU wondering what the small building might hold (noticed the Open sign in the window, but few other signs of life). I finally looked up one day and spotted the small Brownies sign buried in the leaves of the trees in front of the restaurant. I've since heard great things about Brownies & look forward to trying it. They just might benefit from a sign that can be noticed from the street.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 11:53:13 pm »

Then everyone would know and it wouldn't be the same...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org