A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:33:01 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brownie's  (Read 6677 times)
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 08:27:26 am »

So I drove by Brownie's on my way to work today and took a good look at their sign . . . and, well, my question is:  is Brownie a little black boy? Cause underneath all that rust her sure did look like it. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 11:37:22 am »

Didn't used to be.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
mobboss
Activist

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 11:10:52 am »

it sort of looks that way but its just faded old paint, they have plans to restore the sign to original colors.

zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 08:04:44 am »

Are they going to start accepting plastic? That was my only reason for not going there and another one on Harvard too..PITA to stop at an ATM anymore...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 08:24:41 am »

Had to laugh when I read this. About a month ago I realized that I've driven past this restaurant hundreds of times on my way to and from TU wondering what the small building might hold (noticed the Open sign in the window, but few other signs of life). I finally looked up one day and spotted the small Brownies sign buried in the leaves of the trees in front of the restaurant. I've since heard great things about Brownies & look forward to trying it. They just might benefit from a sign that can be noticed from the street.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I noticed what it was for the first time yesterday when I drove by. I was surprised, as I'd heard good things about Brownie's and never knew it was just half a mile down the street.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 10:01:09 am »

Are they going to start accepting plastic? That was my only reason for not going there and another one on Harvard too..PITA to stop at an ATM anymore...

Don't quote me on this, but I believe they are accepting credit cards. I do know that they have put in new, digital touchscreen registers, so I would imagine that if they have that, they would accept credit cards.

Edit: Check that. Looking at my credit card statement, I did use my credit card last time I went. So the answer to your question is yes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:05:14 am by Nik » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org