A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:37:37 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LaFortune Park Tennis Courts  (Read 2581 times)
RidingEasy
« on: June 17, 2010, 06:48:15 am »

Anyone know when construction is supposed to be done on the new tennis courts at LaFortune?  Seems like it has been forever and I never see anyone working on them each day as I pass to and from work.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 07:26:08 am »

Thought those were done a long time ago?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 03:00:37 pm »

Anyone know when construction is supposed to be done on the new tennis courts at LaFortune?  Seems like it has been forever and I never see anyone working on them each day as I pass to and from work.
You should have been there in the dark this morning when the concrete was being placed for the last section of courts in the contract.  Overall the project is scheduled to be complete in late July as the new concrete has to cure for 28 days prior to installation of the surface coatings as it did in the tother two court sections in this work.  In the mean time the fencing, clean up and other work required will be addressed.  There was a several week delay mid-project, the result of one of the new sections of courts being rejected and requireing complete replacement.

Hope that helps.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 03:01:02 pm »

Thought those were done a long time ago?
Second phase...

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 03:46:46 pm »

You should have been there in the dark this morning when the concrete was being placed for the last section of courts in the contract.  Overall the project is scheduled to be complete in late July as the new concrete has to cure for 28 days prior to installation of the surface coatings as it did in the tother two court sections in this work.  In the mean time the fencing, clean up and other work required will be addressed.  There was a several week delay mid-project, the result of one of the new sections of courts being rejected and requireing complete replacement.

Hope that helps.

I heard they had a floating rebar issue, had to replace the entire court
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 08:32:32 am »

I heard they had a floating rebar issue, had to replace the entire court

Rebar doesn’t float (at least not in concrete)…The issue was with some of the post tension cables apparently being pulled to the surface by a sub-contractors workers during the concrete placement.  The issue was brought to the County’s attention and the affected courts were replaced at no cost to the County but the remiedial work did unfortunately delay the project some weeks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org