A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 01:32:02 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buns and Failure  (Read 6424 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: June 22, 2010, 12:58:53 pm »

Went by to finally try Buns-N-Roses today and there was nothing but a pop machine. no food, no furniture, etc.

I have a gift certificate to there, but I don't think it's worth much anymore.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 01:00:33 pm »

Location? Never heard of it

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dsjeffries
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 01:08:24 pm »

Downtown, 5th & Cheyenne. Or I guess now, nowhere.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:50:33 pm »

I was in the area alot to go to Mayo in the evenings and Sunday mornings.  I never saw them open.

I would've tried them out if I had.

coulda/woulda
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 01:53:48 pm »

No big loss on Buns and Roses. Another one of downtown's many subpar sandwich shops with subppar hours. All of those lunch only M-F places can go out of business with the exception of Billy's and Atlas Grill for all I care. They add nothing to downtown.

On a related note, I see that awning that said Roberto's Deli on 3rd between Boulder and Cheyenne now reads "The Place Deli"

I couldn't tell if it was open when I cruised past. But then again I thought Roberto's was in business until one day I actually tried to visit a couple years back.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:55:44 pm by TheTed » Logged

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 01:54:45 pm »

I was in the area alot to go to Mayo in the evenings and Sunday mornings.  I never saw them open.

I would've tried them out if I had.

coulda/woulda
They were only open for lunch Monday-Friday.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 02:03:40 pm »

Let's see, stupid pun for a name, visions of riches with not much of a desire to work more than 30 hours per week... as the OP said...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 02:22:05 pm »

I heard the owner simply didn't show up to open one day last week or the week before.  I tried it a couple of times and do not think it will be missed (probably the worst motzo ball soup I've ever had).

It's a good location, but needs something different than just another sandwich shop.  I miss the Goldies.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 10:11:52 pm »

Too bad Little Lanny's went away (decades ago).  Big Al's is great, but they aren't downtown.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
OurTulsa
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 10:43:38 pm »

How is it possible that the Ike's Chili location opposite Billy's (5th/Main) has managed to remain vacant for oh-so-long. 
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 06:36:41 am »

How is it possible that the Ike's Chili location opposite Billy's (5th/Main) has managed to remain vacant for oh-so-long. 

Owner is not leasing individual spaces currently.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 06:37:59 am »

Let's see, stupid pun for a name, visions of riches with not much of a desire to work more than 30 hours per week... as the OP said...

According to the owner, the name had NOTHING to do with the band.

Uh huh.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 07:09:44 am »

Nice folks.  Young kids that wanted to be restaurateurs, but didn't realize that that takes lots of work.  I think they liked the Cosmo concept, except they didn't have the wealth or ethic to back it.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 09:03:18 am »

Owner is not leasing individual spaces currently.

Isn't it the same owner as the Tulsa Club?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 09:04:38 am »

Isn't it the same owner as the Tulsa Club?

That's what I've been told.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org