A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:09:44 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westboro Church protesting Owasso Soldiers funeral tonight  (Read 12780 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 12:09:46 pm »

Who establishes what distance is respectful?  Perhaps the Owasso Police could suggest 5 miles as a respectful distance.

I might suggest somewhere outside the International Space Station, but that might be construed as being mean...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 12:21:54 pm »

I might suggest somewhere outside the International Space Station, but that might be construed as being mean...

That'd be 215 miles (when overhead)...   Which happens to pretty much be the distance to Topeka, KS  (ie, they should just stay home)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 12:22:47 pm »

That'd be 215 miles (when overhead)...   Which happens to pretty much be the distance to Topeka, KS  (ie, they should just stay home)

Yeah, but there's still breathable air in Topeka KS...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 01:09:14 pm »

The great thing about the first amendment is that it gives idiots the ability identify themselves. 

We see you, and through your words, we are repulsed.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 03:29:30 pm »

My kids knew Andrew Looney.  My daughter was in his graduating class and my son remembers him from football.  My wife and daughter are planning to attend the memorial tonight.  My son (aka Seaman Recruit Wagner) and I will be outside.  I'm planning to photograph as much as possible.  The shots will be posted on my Picasa page later tonight.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 03:44:14 pm »

I say we get some sheets, attach them to broomsticks, paint anti-westboro idea's/prosoldier idea's on them, and protest the westboro's. We can protest directly between them and the funeral.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 07:20:46 pm »

Photo dump is at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/e.j.wagner.jr/MemorialToAnOwassoSoldier#

Ed

dbacks fan
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 10:12:43 am »

Thanks for the pics Ed, it looks as though the Phelps people were just a bit out numbered, and thanks to those that cam out to honor Andrew Looney.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 11:54:16 am »

Thanks for the pics Ed, it looks as though the Phelps people were just a bit out numbered, and thanks to those that cam out to honor Andrew Looney.
I counted more cops keeping an eye on the protesters than protesters.  I found it interesting that they only news they got was a mention on the 10o'clock lastnight, and it was more of a "and some protesters somewhere down the street a few blocks". 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 12:24:47 pm »

I counted more cops keeping an eye on the protesters than protesters.  I found it interesting that they only news they got was a mention on the 10o'clock lastnight, and it was more of a "and some protesters somewhere down the street a few blocks". 

Yeah, I thought it was good of the media (Ch 6 and Ch 2 both did this) to not even mention the protesters/church.  I mean after all, that's what they want, is the media attention.

Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 12:35:05 pm »

What's up w/ the Japan Flag?

Nissan billboard or somethin?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 12:49:27 pm »

It's Sauron.  Took a wrong turn at Albuqurque on his way to Mordor.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 01:22:34 pm »

It's Sauron.  Took a wrong turn at Albuqurque on his way to Mordor.

Where's that Gandalf goes to the World Cup video....

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 01:37:00 pm »

Those Westboro fools are just real life trolls.  It actually made me mad that they got as much news coverage as they did  (I caught the 10'o clock on Channel 8 ).  I'm not one for media blackouts, but in the case of them, I would make an editorial decision to completely ignore them and pretend they didn't exist.  Media coverage is what they want.

That being said, epic win by the community for turning out the way they did.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:38:38 pm by YoungTulsan » Logged

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 02:26:58 pm »

Nissan billboard or somethin?

That's the Owasso Ram symbol.

Ed

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org