A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:30:28 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Poll Results 8/1/10  (Read 24766 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« on: August 05, 2010, 05:58:06 pm »

Oklahomans don't like President Barack Obama.

A lot.

Obama's Oklahoma Poll approval rating fell to 27 percent in July, the lowest for any elected official in the 17-year history of the survey.

The previous low for an elected official was former Gov. David Walters' 33 percent in both 1993 and 1994. The previous low for a president was Obama's 36 percent in January of this year. Before that, it was President Bill Clinton's 37 percent at the end of 1994.

Reasons for the state's discontent with the current chief executive range from the state of the economy to the belief that he's planning to turn the country over to "his Muslim brothers."

The relative few who support Obama give him credit for tackling health care reform and doing the best possible job under difficult circumstances.

"I don't know if it's totally inexperience," said poll respondent Etta Martin of Glenpool. "It could be ignorance. But he has said and done so many things, I don't believe he's a loyal American. Unless (Obama) changes his attitude or he is voted out of office, we are in for a very bad time in this country."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=16&articleid=20100801_16_A10_Oklaho658879

Trust but verify
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 05:59:23 pm »

Senator Tom Coburn and Gov. Brad Henry are the two most popular politicians in the state right now.  

I don't think they were talking about the Tulsa Mayor when the poll said "local mayor".   I'm sure he dropped the 56% approval by 20 points.   
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 06:02:15 pm by unreliablesource » Logged

Trust but verify
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:45:04 pm »

...and the rest of the country has the impression that Oklahoma is a benighted little backwater.  Imagine that.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
rwarn17588
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 09:20:10 pm »

he's planning to turn the country over to "his Muslim brothers."

That's just pathetic and paranoid, right there. Did the pollster call jamesrage?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 07:07:04 am »

Oklahoma has an open door policy.  You are welcome to leave at any time.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 07:24:35 am »

Awesome..Outta the park.....He needs to find a cane with some sort of self-gratification feature.....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 08:01:33 am »

I love it in here how if your opinion doesn't meet with that of the majority RWB, you're told that you're free to leave the state.

Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 08:54:33 am »

I love it in here how if your opinion doesn't meet with that of the majority RWB, you're told that you're free to leave the state.

Roll Eyes

Nah. . . we just offer that to people who say how much they hate Oklahoma or Tulsa.  We've had our share of them on this forum.  It's ok if you propose improvement, but when you frequently post about how bad this state or city is, it's good to know that you have the freedom to move to California or perhaps Washington State.  There are some great housing deals there now!  Roll Eyes

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 09:16:29 am »

Nah. . . we just offer that to people who say how much they hate Oklahoma or Tulsa.  We've had our share of them on this forum.  It's ok if you propose improvement, but when you frequently post about how bad this state or city is, it's good to know that you have the freedom to move to California or perhaps Washington State.  There are some great housing deals there now!  Roll Eyes

Same offer nationally?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 09:22:35 am »

Just more radicals posing as conservatives using radical rhetoric.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 10:12:10 am »

Just more radicals posing as conservatives using radical rhetoric.

That's pretty cool.

I like the way that fiscal responsibility, economic freedom, and limited government have now become "radical" ideas.

Conversely, it's interesting how massive spending, extending the power and size of government, and increased social(ist) programs is not "radical".

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 10:41:08 am »

That's pretty cool.

I like the way that fiscal responsibility, economic freedom, and limited government have now become "radical" ideas.

Conversely, it's interesting how massive spending, extending the power and size of government, and increased social(ist) programs is not "radical".
Nice framing. You don't think turning the US into a warmongering theocracy, as the tea partiers seem to want is radical?  Seems like you were the one complaining about fiscal responsibility in another thread. And yes, deconstructing the state is in fact a radical idea. Anarchists are widely considered to fit that label.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 11:16:45 am »

Nice framing. You don't think turning the US into a warmongering theocracy, as the tea partiers seem to want is radical?  

Wow, I still can't find that anywhere in their platform statement, or campaign messages.  Must be a secret agenda.  Keep us posted on their real plans Nate.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 11:33:50 am »

Wow, I still can't find that anywhere in their platform statement, or campaign messages.  Must be a secret agenda.  Keep us posted on their real plans Nate.
Well, opposing gay marriage on religious grounds and the building of mosques is a great start to the theocracy bit. You might read a bit about the messages Glenn Beck is pushing to his tea party faithful.

Moreover, as I mentioned before, their (and your) position that the state should be deconstructed is very radical.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 03:05:57 pm »

You couldn't be more right. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org