A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 07:38:14 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eureka Springs, AR  (Read 13383 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: August 09, 2010, 01:10:35 pm »

Any suggestions on places to stay in or close to town?

We've stayed at the Crescent and we were happy with it but wondered about other places.

It's just the adults so it doesn't have to be kid or pet friendly.

Thanks in advance.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 01:24:42 pm »

We've stayed at the Crescent and we were happy with it but wondered about other places.

Thanks in advance.

I took my daughter to a tournament over the weekend in Rogers, AR (35 miles from Eureka Springs) and stayed at the Embassy Suites there. Fantastic place, free "cooked to order" breakfasts.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 01:27:41 pm »

I took my daughter to a tournament over the weekend in Rogers, AR (35 miles from Eureka Springs) and stayed at the Embassy Suites there. Fantastic place, free "cooked to order" breakfasts.

Thanks but we're actually looking to stay around (spittin' distance) town.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 01:29:57 pm »

I have stayed at the Crescent (in the Governor's Suite on the first floor). At the Best Western, and the New Orleans Hotel. They are all fine. I liked the Best Western the best (nice free breakfast, too), and liked the New Orleans location the best.

Now I just keep going to Hot Springs. It is a much better and cooler city. It still has all the history and the spas/massages/spring water but also has two big lakes, cool mountains and better restaurants.

Power is nothing till you use it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 01:31:29 pm »

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to a wedding there in a couple of weeks and am wondering the same thing. The wedding party is staying at "Land O Nod" and that's not really looking that great to me.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 01:52:39 pm »

I've been told I do not want to stay out of town.  I apparently want to stay in town.  A bed and Breakfast or hotel.

So far I'm told I like the New Orleans even though
"the rooms are a little blah".

http://www.eureka-springs-usa.com/orleans/

You can see where I am on this.  I must make me happy or I won't enjoy the rest of my summer.

Thanks again.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 02:13:57 pm »

Sorry, couldnt resist.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 02:19:55 pm »

I stayed at the New Orleans 22 years ago on my first honeymoon.  It was a great hotel then, but a lot of disrepair can happen in 22 years, I know nothing of it's present condition.  We stayed at the Purple Iris in a few years later, charming little motel on the road just outside town where the road is ringed with small inns.  It was owned by a funny-as-hell lesbian couple who had retired there from the east coast.  The service was great.  Pretty much any of the road side inns are going to be privately owned, maybe a little dated, but the service and breakfast is usually pretty good.  Crescent is "the" place but if you enjoy a one on one experience with the proprietors, try an inn or B & B the place is thick with 'em.

I Googled the Purple Iris and it appears to still be around.  No idea if it's the same owners or not.

In recent years, I've stayed with friends up on the lake so I've lost touch with the lodging around there.

Here's a great jumping off point for some names and numbers.  Have a great time.

http://marinersguide.com/regions/heartland/eurekasprings.ar/hotels.html
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:23:46 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 03:49:36 pm »

I stayed as the Basin Park about a year ago. It was nice because we didn't really have to drive anywhere, but we were there for the architecture and city, not the surrounding area lakes and such.

---Robert
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 04:39:38 pm »

My Ex took me there back in 91 or 92. She just loves that place. I for one just dont get it. We rode around like the schmo tourists that we were on those goofy scooters for rent. I dont like trinket shopping, Hell I dont like shopping period without a purpose.
We stayed at some Hotel with claw feet bathtubs and gold faucets. Really old place. It wasnt bad and it was kinda neat the way it's windows in the room were long and level with the street.
I have to wonder if the bald lady is still over there in that weirdo crystal shop in the long flowing white robe style clothing. She made quite the lasting impression.
She also had us do a hot steam sauna and massage. She was one of those that described it as the most erotic thing going.
Of course I cant get the cost and the fact another man is rubbing me out of my head. So I'm voting no on the erotic statement.
But, one man's agony may be another man's pleasure. You enjoy yourself now, ya hear....lol

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 05:30:11 pm »

Been awhile since I have been but I enjoyed the New Orleans.....

GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 06:11:55 pm »

Benton Place Inn, close to downtown you can walk to get there, but you still feel like you are in the woods somewhere.

Tell Becky, Rob from Owasso sent you.   Not that it will get you a discount.  I just want her to know I sent someone her way, she is a really nice lady. 

Try to get The Benton Suite

http://www.bentonplace.com/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:17:48 pm by unreliablesource » Logged

Trust but verify
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 06:41:20 pm »

I stayed at the Bavarian Inn, not good imo. The restaurant, though, is excellent if you like German/Czech food.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 09:14:14 am »

Anyone have experience with the Grand Central Hotel?

http://www.grandcentralresort.com/

Thanks.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 09:55:18 am »

Anyone have experience with the Grand Central Hotel?

http://www.grandcentralresort.com/

Thanks.

Yeah, it's perfect for people of, ahem, your persuasion...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org