A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 01:36:16 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things you've seen at the QT-15th and Denver  (Read 12212 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: August 12, 2010, 08:07:56 am »

I've seen many things but two that stand out to me are:

A one legged man sitting on the ground in the middle of the West parking (pre-new build out) lot refitting his prosthetic with his bicycle on the ground next to him.

I got in a "your mother" fighting match with a guy because I told him where to go when he bitched at me for not "giving a brother money for a sammich".
bokworker
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 09:52:18 am »

We have a small parking lot in front of our condos at 15th and Carson. We saw a guy park his car in the parking lot, walk to the back of his car an open his trunk. He pulled a pair of crutches out of his trunk and proceeded to walk to the corner and then "hobble" on his crutches to the QT. A couple of hours later he "hobbled" down the hill to the 15th and Carson corner then walked to his car, opened the trunk and put the crutches in, then drove off. I didn't see a cardboard sign with a handwritten message on it but I would bet he had one he pulled out at the QT. His car wasn't a beater either...

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 12:38:44 pm »

We have a small parking lot in front of our condos at 15th and Carson. We saw a guy park his car in the parking lot, walk to the back of his car an open his trunk. He pulled a pair of crutches out of his trunk and proceeded to walk to the corner and then "hobble" on his crutches to the QT. A couple of hours later he "hobbled" down the hill to the 15th and Carson corner then walked to his car, opened the trunk and put the crutches in, then drove off. I didn't see a cardboard sign with a handwritten message on it but I would bet he had one he pulled out at the QT. His car wasn't a beater either...

That's classic. People aint stupid huh ? only thing missing was the neck brace and dog.
I'm still unsure where the dog comes into play, hmmm....but I digress.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 01:11:28 pm »

Several years ago I saw a guy trying to buy beer at 10 in the morning, with gold fingers tips and a gold ring on his face, with the bag and can of Krylon hanging out of his pocket.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 02:50:54 pm »

Several years ago I saw a guy trying to buy beer at 10 in the morning, with gold fingers tips and a gold ring on his face, with the bag and can of Krylon hanging out of his pocket.

He wouldn't be this guy, would he?

Shocked

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 05:25:32 pm »

My office is across the street and a half block north of that QT. 

I'm in there most every afternoon getting an iced tea, it is an interesting place to people watch. 

Trust but verify
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 07:54:27 pm »

Saw 2 black guys robbing a white guy on the bench out by the street.....These dipshits should have looked behind them as there were about 10 cops in the parking lot.All we had to do is yell at them and they came running.....I did end up testifing at the trial...One of the robbers had been convicted of attempted murder.....

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 08:13:45 am »

I like gold.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 01:07:44 pm »

You live in those modern townhouses with the glass garages?

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 10:06:52 pm »

I'm filling up my car and a Ford GT ($100000 sports car) pulls up to the pump next to me.  I'm talking to the guy about his car and just making conversation when I notice a bum eyeing us and moving our way.  He marches over, standing in the 10' gap between our cars.  Looks at me in a suit and tie, driving a pathfinder. Looks at the other guy in khakis and a polo - ford gt. Pondering this decision.

He turns and takes a step towards the gt and in an excited tone begins... "excuse me sir, can you spare $5..." and before he starts in on the excuse the gt driver says no without looking up.  The bum turns to me, and in a much less excited tone asks " I don't suppose you got any spare change."

I laugh.  The gt driver laughs.  The bum shuffles away.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 09:56:21 am »

Well . . . a week ago Friday night, after leaving the Drillers' game, we headed to QT for some cash.  As my husband got back in the car, I look back and there is a NAKED, yes, NAKED black man walking through the parking lot.  I told him, honey, there is a naked man right there . . . he laughs and said, yes there is.  The man proceeds to walk into the QT, and my husband follows him in (remember, he is a cop) he had just talked to an officer inside who was heading out to a call of a naked man, so my hubby was hoping he was still there, he wasn't.   There is also a fiesty woman following him with her 5 kids who is furious and screaming at him because he just walked up to her kids and now they have seen his nakedness  . . .

The naked man wanders through QT, several people are calling 911, so we watch him come back out (remember hubby off duty here . . . no weapon, etc.)  He was going to follow him in the car until officers showed up, but it just so happened the trolley was at the gas pump filling up.  Well, the naked man, hops over the back of trolley (way to many views of this man I saw,  Shocked) and walks to the front and is trying to steal the trolley.  My husband, not happy about it, gets out, obviously a naked man, on PCP, driving a trolley through T-town does deserves the intervention of an off duty cop. 

He gets him off the trolley, puts him on the ground (ok, forcibably puts him on the ground) and has whatever police hold on him waiting for officers to show up.  Now, remember, my husband is off duty, this guy is on PCP, he is fighting pretty hard (thankfully my husband is pretty strong) by now there is a large crowd watching.  No one is helping though, imagine that.  Further, another black man, about mid 50s is sitting there yelling at my husband to get off him, and videoing the entire thing.  My husband said instead of videoing why don't you get down here and help, he said no way, I'm recording this to make sure you don't mistreat him, I watch the news, I know how you guys are . . . I would have liked to kick that guy in the teeth more than the naked man, at lease the naked guy had an excuse, he was higher than a kite.  Shows again, even on a smaller scale the mentality of some, they would rather complain than be part of the solution.

Anyway, finally after about 5 more minutes, the police showed up and he was cuffed and wisked away, and we proceeded with our date night.  Smiley 

Hope you enjoyed my story time.  Smiley

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 12:13:44 pm »

Well . . . a week ago Friday night, after leaving the Drillers' game, we headed to QT for some cash.  As my husband got back in the car, I look back and there is a NAKED, yes, NAKED black man walking through the parking lot.  I told him, honey, there is a naked man right there . . . he laughs and said, yes there is.  The man proceeds to walk into the QT, and my husband follows him in (remember, he is a cop) he had just talked to an officer inside who was heading out to a call of a naked man, so my hubby was hoping he was still there, he wasn't.   There is also a fiesty woman following him with her 5 kids who is furious and screaming at him because he just walked up to her kids and now they have seen his nakedness  . . .

The naked man wanders through QT, several people are calling 911, so we watch him come back out (remember hubby off duty here . . . no weapon, etc.)  He was going to follow him in the car until officers showed up, but it just so happened the trolley was at the gas pump filling up.  Well, the naked man, hops over the back of trolley (way to many views of this man I saw,  Shocked) and walks to the front and is trying to steal the trolley.  My husband, not happy about it, gets out, obviously a naked man, on PCP, driving a trolley through T-town does deserves the intervention of an off duty cop. 

He gets him off the trolley, puts him on the ground (ok, forcibably puts him on the ground) and has whatever police hold on him waiting for officers to show up.  Now, remember, my husband is off duty, this guy is on PCP, he is fighting pretty hard (thankfully my husband is pretty strong) by now there is a large crowd watching.  No one is helping though, imagine that.  Further, another black man, about mid 50s is sitting there yelling at my husband to get off him, and videoing the entire thing.  My husband said instead of videoing why don't you get down here and help, he said no way, I'm recording this to make sure you don't mistreat him, I watch the news, I know how you guys are . . . I would have liked to kick that guy in the teeth more than the naked man, at lease the naked guy had an excuse, he was higher than a kite.  Shows again, even on a smaller scale the mentality of some, they would rather complain than be part of the solution.

Anyway, finally after about 5 more minutes, the police showed up and he was cuffed and wisked away, and we proceeded with our date night.  Smiley 

Kinda makes the date anti-climactic, doesn't it?

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 03:14:43 pm »

Kinda makes the date anti-climactic, doesn't it?

Grin

what came to mind with me is what kind of damage was done to... sensative... organs when your bulldogged to the asphalt while buck naked.
dbacks fan
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 02:24:50 am »

This makes my experience watching hookers getting picked up in front of Don Carlton Honda,when they were on 11th Street, while I was looking at a buying a car lame.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 07:58:53 am »

What did he hold him by.....

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org