A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 01:34:16 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Time You Think You Got A Raw Deal In Life  (Read 2527 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: August 25, 2010, 08:34:51 pm »

Watch this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4HGQHgeFE&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 09:02:35 pm »

I had the honor of working with a man who in his youth had his entire right hand and 3 of his fingers on his left hand blown away by a fireworks explosion, his vision was also severely affected in one eye.

He had such a great outlook on life.  Sadly he passed away from Leukemia in 2007.  We miss ya Jim Sad
Hawkins
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 12:22:21 am »

I thought you were going to say, "Be glad you're not trapped in a Chilean mine for four months."

As bad as my attitude has been of late, all I have to do is think of those poor folks and then I realize life is great.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 07:35:43 am »

I thought you were going to say, "Be glad you're not trapped in a Chilean mine for four months."

As bad as my attitude has been of late, all I have to do is think of those poor folks and then I realize life is great.

Good point

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
OSU
Activist

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 12:57:26 pm »

I just look at my desktop wallpaper... it's a picture taken from the back of a D-Day landing craft with big letters saying "Harden the f$&# up!".

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 03:30:45 pm »

Hawk. I'm with you on that. How in the hell are they going to live four months down there ?
When I heard that on the news that they were celebrating finding out the men were alive....But hold up, dont cheer to much. It'll be about 121 days till we can get em out. HUH ! Only slightly better is driving to Beijing during rush hour.

Oh yes. Life can be worse. I saw this mans video a few months ago and I applaud his outlook on his life. A huge inspiration and I am also sure his motivation is to not make us feel that much better about ourselves because of what he has dealt with in his life.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 09:26:14 pm »

4 months will be difficult indeed.   Knowing you would die because no one was even trying to get you would be worse.

buckeye
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 10:57:13 am »

Time for a little pontification...

Why would the plight of Chilean miners make me feel better?  The chances of me actually getting into that situation are essentially nil and as it's such an impossibility, I can't say "Well, at least it's not me" and feel at all serious.  Of course it's not me.  Terrible for them, but has nothing to do with me, really.

It doesn't make sense to compare one's own problems to anybody else's (for the purpose of feeling better by comparison) because all problems are unique and individual.

Now, what about problems and awful situations that actually could befall me?  Well, if they're possibilities or worse yet, likelihoods, it just makes me worry, not feel better.

Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org