A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:38:49 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary Fallin will protect us from Sharia Law!  (Read 6125 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« on: October 07, 2010, 12:15:11 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=262&articleid=20101007_262_0_hrimgs535943

Good for you Jan Bewer Mary Fallin.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 09:26:49 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101007/ap_on_el_se/us_nevada_senate_angle

Angle: Muslim law taking hold in parts of US

U.S. Senate candidate Sharron Angle told a crowd of supporters that the country needs to address a "militant terrorist situation" that has allowed Islamic religious law to take hold in some American cities.

Her comments came at a rally of tea party supporters in the Nevada resort town of Mesquite last week after the candidate was asked about Muslims angling to take over the country, and marked the latest of several controversial remarks by the Nevada Republican.

So be good for goodness sakes.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 09:29:10 am »

And in other news, Sally Kern will protect us from catching the gay.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 10:25:46 am »

Yeah, Sharia law is taking over. A few courts have had to render decisions on contracts written in other countries with reference to Sharia. Taking over, I tell you!  Angry

There's no reason whatsoever that a prenup written in Syria should have any effect here in this country if the two parties later divorce here.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 10:54:28 am »

Thoughts on what she'll protect us from (breadburner, please pick up the white courtesy phone)?:

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 11:57:13 am »

Thoughts on what she'll protect us from (breadburner, please pick up the white courtesy phone)?:

We won't have to eat at "The Y" with her around.....!!

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 12:13:34 pm »

And now I need some serious mental bleach
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 12:19:40 pm »

Thank you.

jamesrage
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 10:44:22 am »

SQ 755 also requires the courts only use state and federal laws. But I guess it is easier to push opposition to a anti-globalist law if you only focus on the opposition to sharia law part.

I do not see how comparing Mary Falin to Jan Bewer is a negative thing. Oklahomans are just as intolerant of illegal immigration as Arizonans are.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:46:17 am by jamesrage » Logged

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 10:52:54 am »

I do not see how comparing Mary Falin to Jan Bewer is a negative thing. Oklahomans are just as intolerant of illegal immigration as Arizonans are.

Head asplode.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 12:21:01 pm »

We just like to clutter up our state constitution with great, great, gobs of greasy, grimey gopher guts.
And me without a spoon or a straw!

Remember when sex in any position other than missionary was a crime in Oklahoma?

Banning Sharia law is pretty much just like prohibiting walking your whale down Main street on Sunday.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 03:40:34 pm »

Banning Sharia law is pretty much just like prohibiting walking your whale down Main street on Sunday.

You just know that law is on the books in some little podunk backwater.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 03:45:47 pm »

You just know that law is on the books in some little podunk backwater.

Sure is.  Got busted for it.  Also had to remove my hamster's nipple clips.  (luckily first offense is a misdemeanor)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 08:09:47 pm »

Donuts? I don't think she'll leave any for the rest of us.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 08:20:41 pm »

Donuts? I don't think she'll leave any for the rest of us.

That is one for the memory bank.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org