A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:15:25 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One last effort to convince you to vote yes on 744  (Read 8645 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 03:23:57 pm »

Like in the days of Faustus we are selling our heritage and that of our children by the continuous debit spending that drives values of saving accounts and property down.  There are codes and statutes that prohibit the spending beyond the monies called budgeted. We continually, local, state federally to awaken the world as they gather together by demand the G7 to G20 now be represented by 20 nations as protection against the warnings of writers predicting the ending of another empire.  In all elections before the vote is cast one should consider available money and not base the vote on greed of producing jobs with phony money who’s total value is based on the price of recycle paper.

We should have the money in hand before voting yes on the question. The frost has already hit our money tree and the money flutters in the winds of the North.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 04:19:52 pm »

Like in the days of Faustus we are selling our heritage and that of our children by the continuous debit spending that drives values of saving accounts and property down.  There are codes and statutes that prohibit the spending beyond the monies called budgeted. We continually, local, state federally to awaken the world as they gather together by demand the G7 to G20 now be represented by 20 nations as protection against the warnings of writers predicting the ending of another empire.  In all elections before the vote is cast one should consider available money and not base the vote on greed of producing jobs with phony money who’s total value is based on the price of recycle paper.

We should have the money in hand before voting yes on the question. The frost has already hit our money tree and the money flutters in the winds of the North.

Fess up.  You're Sarah Palin's speechwriter, aren't you?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 05:29:12 pm »

Fess up.  You're Sarah Palin's speechwriter, aren't you?

No but I have often wondered what happened to the industry who build the blinders for the horse halter industry that gave the horse tunnel vision.  It changed to where it limited voters to tunnel vision now. 

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 08:08:31 pm »

What? The days of Faustus?

The story has nothing to do with selling our heritage and our children and debt. Faust made a deal with the devil for power. There was no money transferred. Why would you use this obscure reference for a lecture on budgets?

Phony money, jobs and the price of recycled paper? You seem more confused than usual. Get some new meds...

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 10:47:19 am »

The story has nothing to do with selling our heritage and our children and debt. Faust made a deal with the devil for power. There was no money transferred. Why would you use this obscure reference for a lecture on budgets?

Phony money, jobs and the price of recycled paper? You seem more confused than usual. Get some new meds...

He makes every bit as much sense as the people who cobbled this horrible piece of legislation do.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 10:54:04 am »

He makes every bit as much sense as the people who cobbled this horrible piece of legislation do.

It had been so long since we heard from him I thought maybe he had medicated himself into "The Spirit World"....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 03:14:44 pm »

NSFW

[youtube]jlJdsX181QU[/youtube]

shadows
City Father

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 06:19:39 pm »

Thirteen nations have taken an interest in the foreclosure and like Faust by debit spending it is the soul of this nation we are making a deal with the devil for.  Balance of payment can happen within the same as outside   

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 08:33:25 pm »

Really? Do you know what soul means?

I fear you just confuse old stories with crazy rants. You must be a hoot around history teachers.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 12:50:07 pm »

Michael;

The "uphill battle" you are engaged in is the result of the always occurring money grab by the state legislators.  Remember the promise of the lottery for education?  And State Question 1070 for education?

They were lies and this is a lie.  It is just another door for corruption, graft, and political patronage in this state. 

If you want a change, then it will have to come about by not voting in the clowns that are there today.  Yeah, right...see if that happens.

In the meantime, keep in mind that this is the state that continues to elect Jim Inhofe, Randy Brogdon, and for decades before senility and some years after - Gene Stipe.  And Mary Fallin.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 02:02:34 pm »

In the meantime, keep in mind that this is the state that continues to elect Jim Inhofe, Randy Brogdon, and for decades before senility and some years after - Gene Stipe.  And Mary Fallin.

Don't forget my favorites to dislike: Mike Synar and Jim Jones

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 03:31:41 pm »

You are right. The best way to change the legislature is to vote out legislators.

But I only get to vote for one. I can't decide the other races. I did give a few dollars to some other candidates for state house with that in mind as well.

I am sad to agree that the best strategy is to throw them all out. I voted for the bill to limit terms today. Out of three pages of decisions, it is probably the only question or candidate on today's ballot that my vote mirrors the majority.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 08:44:32 pm »

Really? Do you know what soul means?

I fear you just confuse old stories with crazy rants. You must be a hoot around history teachers.
soul   

soul [sōl]
(plural souls)
n
1.  nonphysical aspect of person: the complex of human attributes that manifests as consciousness, thought, feeling, and will, regarded as distinct from the physical body 
2.  feelings: a person's emotional and moral nature, where the most private thoughts and feelings are hidden
Her soul was in turmoil.

3.  spirit surviving death: in some systems of religious belief, the spiritual part of a human being that is believed to continue to exist after the body dies.
The soul is sometimes regarded as subject to future reward and punishment, and sometimes as able to take a form that allows it to remain on or return to earth.
4.  spiritual depth: evidence of spiritual or emotional depth and sensitivity, either in a person or in something created by a person
Though technically perfect, the drawing lacked soul.

5.  essence: the deepest and truest nature of people or a nation, or what gives somebody or something a distinctive character
In my travels I hoped to discover the soul of the Russian people.

6.  type of person: somebody of a particular type, especially one regarded sympathetically or with familiarity
Poor soul! What will he do now?

7.  anyone: anyone at all (used in negative statements)
You have to promise not to tell a soul.

8.  individual person: an individual person, especially when thought of as making up the number of a group (usually used in the plural)
a country of some 10 million souls

9.  perfect example: a good example, or personification, of a positive quality
The hotel manager was the soul of discretion.

10.  somebody essential to something: the leader of or the most influential person in a group or movement 
11.  African American spirit: a quality regarded as characterizing African American culture, especially as manifested in understanding and in social customs, speech, and music 
12.  music Same as soul music

[ Old English sāwol < Germanic]

sell your soul to abandon your principles in order to obtain wealth or success

See sole1.
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 09:08:19 pm »

Gee! I cannot understand why the total votes cast seems less than the total employees and associates paid out of the education funding

Course it is “don’t tax me but tax that fellow behind the tree.”.  There is a possibility that some posters will cry themselves to sleep tonight with visions of those promise dollars floating in the air;.  Angry Angry Angry.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 10:28:06 pm »

soul   

soul [sōl]
(plural souls)
n
1.  nonphysical aspect of person: the complex of human attributes that manifests as consciousness, thought, feeling, and will, regarded as distinct from the physical body 
2.  feelings: a person's emotional and moral nature, where the most private thoughts and feelings are hidden
Her soul was in turmoil.

3.  spirit surviving death: in some systems of religious belief, the spiritual part of a human being that is believed to continue to exist after the body dies.
The soul is sometimes regarded as subject to future reward and punishment, and sometimes as able to take a form that allows it to remain on or return to earth.
4.  spiritual depth: evidence of spiritual or emotional depth and sensitivity, either in a person or in something created by a person
Though technically perfect, the drawing lacked soul.

5.  essence: the deepest and truest nature of people or a nation, or what gives somebody or something a distinctive character
In my travels I hoped to discover the soul of the Russian people.

6.  type of person: somebody of a particular type, especially one regarded sympathetically or with familiarity
Poor soul! What will he do now?

7.  anyone: anyone at all (used in negative statements)
You have to promise not to tell a soul.

8.  individual person: an individual person, especially when thought of as making up the number of a group (usually used in the plural)
a country of some 10 million souls

9.  perfect example: a good example, or personification, of a positive quality
The hotel manager was the soul of discretion.

10.  somebody essential to something: the leader of or the most influential person in a group or movement 
11.  African American spirit: a quality regarded as characterizing African American culture, especially as manifested in understanding and in social customs, speech, and music 
12.  music Same as soul music

[ Old English sāwol < Germanic]

sell your soul to abandon your principles in order to obtain wealth or success

See sole1.
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Wow, you really ARE like that crazy uncle that all families have...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org