A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:31:54 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa West Bank Development  (Read 53675 times)
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2011, 04:30:32 pm »

now this may come as a surprise to some of you, but it is official, we are not going to be getting the Olympics

http://www.newson6.com/story/15311011/tulsas-bid-to-host-2020-olympics-officially-ended
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2011, 04:40:28 pm »

now this may come as a surprise to some of you, but it is official, we are not going to be getting the Olympics

http://www.newson6.com/story/15311011/tulsas-bid-to-host-2020-olympics-officially-ended

Well what the crap?  I thought that was why we were fixing our streets or whatever.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2011, 05:01:51 pm »

Well what the crap?  I thought that was why we were fixing our streets or whatever.
What are you talking about? I was hoping we would get it so that they would really fix our streets.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2014, 10:42:21 am »

Saw that River West is getting a $6 million upgrade mainly at the amphitheater, and that the floating stage is being auctioned.
http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/local/river-parks-floating-stage-lands-on-auction-block/article_d1f0c6f3-ce2d-588a-b9e2-5051fabed17e.html?mode=jqm

I think this amphitheater is severely underutilized and hopefully the improvements will change that.  I still would like to someday see the Mid-Con plant next door turned into an extension of the park with a larger amphitheater and green space for bigger festivals with a great view.  As I've said before something like Zilker Park in Austin or this proposal for Nashville:
http://www.musicrow.com/2014/05/get-an-early-look-at-nashvilles-west-riverfront-park/

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2014, 10:50:52 am »

I can’t imagine there will be great interest in the stage.  Removal and haul-off costs are likely more than the scrap value of the stage.  I suspect it ends up getting wrecked in place by RPA.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2014, 02:54:55 pm »

I can’t imagine there will be great interest in the stage.  Removal and haul-off costs are likely more than the scrap value of the stage.  I suspect it ends up getting wrecked in place by RPA.

How much space your backyard have?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2014, 02:58:57 pm »

How much space your backyard have?

I think we can get the stage in, but the grandstands would need to be built up onto my roof.  I’m thinking a floating stage in my backyard might take the cra-cra next door over the top though.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2014, 02:59:46 pm »

I think we can get the stage in, but the grandstands would need to be built up onto my roof.  I’m thinking a floating stage in my backyard might take the cra-cra next door over the top though.

And the problem with that would be?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2014, 03:20:23 pm »

I'll buy a ticket to the cra cra blow out.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2014, 03:24:42 pm »

The insurance requirements will cost more than the value of the stage. Wouldn't surprise me if it spontaneously combusts.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2014, 03:28:51 pm »

The insurance requirements will cost more than the value of the stage. Wouldn't surprise me if it spontaneously combusts.

Hey, it’s been down-stream of Sun/Holly for 30 years, it’s possible!

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2014, 12:26:13 pm »

Blow it up as part of the 4th-o-July fireworks show
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2014, 01:51:52 pm »

Removal and haul-off costs?   It floats, right?  Have the Corps of Engineers open up Keystone, then set it free.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2014, 02:16:43 pm »

Removal and haul-off costs?   It floats, right?  Have the Corps of Engineers open up Keystone, then set it free.

You would have to get it pretty high to get it over the Zink dam.  Good idea though.  Float it all the way to the Gulf of Mexico.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2014, 02:17:22 pm »

Heads up, Bixby.  Here comes a new entertainment venue.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org