A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 11:24:20 pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Arizona Massacre  (Read 99445 times)
joiei
City Father

« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2011, 06:44:24 pm »

Does the Westboro people have to apply for permits to perform their protests like everyone else?  Or are they special?  Just curious.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
dbacks fan
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2011, 06:45:31 pm »

Here is the actual bill:

http://www.azcentral.com/ic/pdf/gabrielle-giffords-arizona-shooting-funeral-bill.pdf
dbacks fan
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2011, 06:47:17 pm »

Does the Westboro people have to apply for permits to perform their protests like everyone else?  Or are they special?  Just curious.

"The bill is patterned after an Ohio law that establishes a 300-foot protection zone around a funeral location from one hour before the event until one hour after it. The Ohio law was recently upheld by the Sixth U.S. Court of Appeals, which made Arizona lawmakers confident their proposal is constitutional."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2011/01/11/20110111arizona-shootings-funeral-bill-passes.html?source=nletter-breakingnews

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:08:07 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
dbacks fan
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2011, 07:39:31 pm »

This is beginning to sound more premeditated than just a deranged person going off.

"TUCSON, AZ - The 22-year-old man accused of trying to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in a deadly shooting rampage wrote "Die, female dog" in a note found at his home, a sheriff's official told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Investigators believe Jared Loughner's handwritten message was a reference to Giffords, Pima County Chief Rick Kastigar said. It was found in a safe alongside other ones, including "I planned ahead," "My assassination" and the name "Giffords."

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_central_southern_az/tucson/warning-signs-on-day-of-tucson-shooting

waterboy
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2011, 08:34:52 pm »

FIFY. 

Does this writer not watch Olbermann, Matthews, or Madcow or listen to Garafalo, Franken, et. al.?

Yep, let's lay this mantle all at the feet of conservative pundits because there are none so outrageous on the left.

This guy gets it! Grin
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2011, 09:37:25 pm »

But I forgot,  this board belongs to the posters who only follow the talking points of the right. 

I think there is a fair representation of both left and right unless you are ready to step into the Pacific Ocean.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2011, 10:49:24 pm »

My thoughts and prayers are for the victimsn the families of the victims and the citizens of Tucson and Arizona and the United States.   

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2011, 11:58:47 pm »

Excellent news.

Does it bother anyone else in the least that the State of Arizona thinks it can dictate in which public places Phelps and his clan may or may not spew their filth?

These jagoffs from Topeka suddenly made me selective about who should and shouldn't have free speech.  I mainly cheer on a law like this because the Westies are doing nothing more than exploiting the amendment with complete absurdity.

Fred won't think he's so clever about the time Satan tells him to bend over for eternity and introduces him to his very gay cellmate.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2011, 12:00:22 am »

This is beginning to sound more premeditated than just a deranged person going off.

"TUCSON, AZ - The 22-year-old man accused of trying to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in a deadly shooting rampage wrote "Die, female dog" in a note found at his home, a sheriff's official told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Investigators believe Jared Loughner's handwritten message was a reference to Giffords, Pima County Chief Rick Kastigar said. It was found in a safe alongside other ones, including "I planned ahead," "My assassination" and the name "Giffords."

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_central_southern_az/tucson/warning-signs-on-day-of-tucson-shooting

Dude, it sounded pre-meditated from the git-go, or at least within hours of the shooting.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2011, 12:46:57 am »

These jagoffs from Topeka suddenly made me selective about who should and shouldn't have free speech.  I mainly cheer on a law like this because the Westies are doing nothing more than exploiting the amendment with complete absurdity.
I hear you, and I feel pretty much the same way. I'm just disgusted by my reaction. Freedom isn't free. Part of the price is freedom for everybody, even if they're sick and twisted like the Phelps clan.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2011, 09:56:20 am »

Stay classy, Mama Grizzly.

Remember what the term "Blood Libel" infers....considering Rep. Giffords is Jewish.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/12/palin-calls-criticism-blood-libel/

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2011, 10:01:00 am »

Thanks Guido,  I have been put in my place by the master.    BTW,  my brother in law agrees with every word you share,  sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.   But I forgot,  this board belongs to the posters who only follow the talking points of the right.  I was going to be rude but decided that all of the hate talk that I dislike need not be inflamed by my own personal opinions.   I do try to keep on open mind and read and listen to those who have a different opinion than myself.   Maybe I can learn something.   

Back to the topic of this thread,   I have tried to follow the Arizona legislature,  did they get their rules on protesting at funerals passed,  I sure hope so.  The families do not deserve to be confronted with the Westboro garbage during this time.   My prayers go out for the families and friends of the Tucson Massacre at this time.   

I don't think its Palin's "we reload" comments that set someone like this off.  Its the general, if they pass <insert law> then the United States of America will be destroyed.  Day in, day out there is are people on Fox news telling them that they are destroying everything they know.  If the taxes go up 3% it is the end of America.  The world will be destroyed.  Etc Etc.  Just look at what happened to Judges  http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-04/justice/judges.threats_1_marshals-service-federal-judges-report?_s=PM:CRIME
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2011, 10:03:48 am »

Stay classy, Mama Grizzly.

Remember what the term "Blood Libel" infers....considering Rep. Giffords is Jewish.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/12/palin-calls-criticism-blood-libel/

I hadn't heard that term before.  Guess she grew up hearing that.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2011, 10:10:27 am »

Fred won't think he's so clever about the time Satan tells him to bend over for eternity and introduces him to his very gay cellmate.

Where oh where is that pic of Al Gore hanging out with this family.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2011, 10:10:47 am »

I hadn't heard that term before.  Guess she grew up hearing that.

Probably...I'm sure our resident Palin-droolster will accuse me of PDS.

Whoever wrote that statement for her did a pretty poor job of vetting it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org