A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:27:59 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random rant on stupid law  (Read 5116 times)
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« on: March 27, 2011, 06:04:37 pm »

Nothing like starting on a speghetti sauce and mid way through throwing the indgrediants in you realize you are out of red wine.  Only makes it worse when it hits you it is Sunday in Oklahoma and you can't even go pick up a bottle.  Stupid religion based laws.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:31:52 pm »

Nothing like starting on a speghetti sauce and mid way through throwing the indgrediants in you realize you are out of red wine.  Only makes it worse when it hits you it is Sunday in Oklahoma and you can't even go pick up a bottle.  Stupid religion based laws.

I can't believe you were unprepared to make spaghetti sauce knowing the liquor laws of Oklahoma.   Cheesy

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 08:39:42 pm »

I can't believe you were unprepared to make spaghetti sauce knowing the liquor laws of Oklahoma.   Cheesy
Thought I had some.  Even worst, I did.  My other put it in an oddball place on me.  Of course I didn't find it until after it was too late to put it in the sauce.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 08:42:14 pm »

Thought I had some.  Even worst, I did.  My other put it in an oddball place on me.  Of course I didn't find it until after it was too late to put it in the sauce.

You have my sympathy.

Edit: How about pouring it on the finished product?  Might be a bit runny.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:44:01 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:15:19 pm »

You have my sympathy.

Edit: How about pouring it on the finished product?  Might be a bit runny.
Considered it, but the taste test said that I pulled off a good sauce without it, so didn't want to try and throw it in at the last minute.  The noodles where about to go in the water, so no where near enough time to try to cook it in at all.  Even more amazing is that I pulled it off with garlic powder, since I still haven't figure out what she did with the cloves.  Decided the difference between powder and fresh wasn't enough to get back out in this chill weather.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 10:00:16 pm »

But at least now you know you are that much closer to God as a result.

(cue cholesterol joke  -- )

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:20:33 pm »

But at least now you know you are that much closer to God as a result.

(cue cholesterol joke  -- )
Nah, wasn't using sacramento wine.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 02:29:53 pm »

What about cooking wine?  You can buy that on Sunday, but you'd have to cut back on the salt in the sauce.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 02:35:56 pm »

What about cooking wine?  You can buy that on Sunday, but you'd have to cut back on the salt in the sauce.

You also don't want to drink too much of it if you're on a low sodium diet.

My spaghetti sauce calls for an entire bottle of chianti.  I put about 8oz in the sauce and the remaining goes down my gullet.

I try not to make it on Sunday because of the risk of being smote by an angry deity.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 02:41:52 pm »

You also don't want to drink too much of it if you're on a low sodium diet.

My spaghetti sauce calls for an entire bottle of chianti.  I put about 8oz in the sauce and the remaining goes down my gullet.

I try not to make it on Sunday because of the risk of being smote by an angry deity.

Ah yes, sort of like the tequila sugar cookies.

And I commend the others on here for making their red sauce with wine.  Only way to fly.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 02:43:15 pm »

I've been smoten, its not pretty.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 03:01:47 pm »

This may sound stupid, but I've never made spaghetti sauce with wine.  I've made some marinara too, and to be truthful, I don't know the difference.  The kids are wary of anything Dad makes, of course, since Mom is the only reliable cook in the house.  Their idea of spaghetti sauce is something that comes out of a jar.  It's exactly the same.  Every time.  No differences.  No culinary adventure.  The same.

It's how kids are, though they're both in their twenties.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 04:28:05 pm »

You can make sauce from scratch ? whatever the h*ll scratch is.  Huh

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 05:00:40 pm »

You can make sauce from scratch ? whatever the h*ll scratch is.  Huh

Scratch is a secret ingredient used in all recipes not available in a jar or box.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 05:37:03 pm »

Scratch is a secret ingredient used in all recipes not available in a jar or box.

Interesting...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org