A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 09, 2024, 09:39:15 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Texas tollway question  (Read 27423 times)
TheTed
City Father

« on: May 05, 2011, 01:36:44 pm »

Now that all the North Texas tollways have switched over to cashless, what does that mean to Oklahomans? I know I've gone through once or twice without paying. If I do that a few more times, will I eventually get a bill in the mail?

Or do they even have the means to look up Oklahoma license plate info? Anybody gotten a bill in the mail?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 01:40:20 pm »

Now that all the North Texas tollways have switched over to cashless, what does that mean to Oklahomans? I know I've gone through once or twice without paying. If I do that a few more times, will I eventually get a bill in the mail?

Or do they even have the means to look up Oklahoma license plate info? Anybody gotten a bill in the mail?

I'm waiting to see if I get one from the Colorado DOT for using the toll road which by-passes the central I-25 corridor and goes out to the DIA area.  That was the first time I'd seen something like that.  It's been three weeks ago, I have no idea when to expect a bill.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 01:53:29 pm »

I'm waiting to see if I get one from the Colorado DOT for using the toll road which by-passes the central I-25 corridor and goes out to the DIA area.  That was the first time I'd seen something like that.  It's been three weeks ago, I have no idea when to expect a bill.

I doubt it, it costs like $2-$3 to just print and mail a bill
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 02:07:14 pm »

I doubt it, it costs like $2-$3 to just print and mail a bill

That's why there will be a $5 administrative fee tacked on.
Those bureaucrats think of everything.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 02:16:47 pm »

I've not received bills from last December.  That doesn't mean I don't have a bench warrant though.  I've wondered the same thing.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 09:31:51 pm »

I wonder if OTA will ever get with the program and implement interoperability..

I'd be pretty pleased if they became interoperable with Sunpass. I'd bin the Pikepasses. The Sunpass transponder is cheaper, the recharge amount is lower, and so is the minimum balance. And they sell the RFID version of the portable tag in addition to the RFID sticker.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 10:23:49 pm »

I hope the OTA comes up with a better solution for occasional trailer towing than the proposed phone call method for the new windshield stickers.  I like the concept of taking off the 2 axle pikepass and installing the 3 axle pikepass and vs.  The one not in use can be kept in the glovebox wrapped in the anti-static bag to prevent its activation when going through a toll station. Providing a half hour notice before I pick up or drop off my trailer is not going to be reliable in my opinion.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 10:25:57 pm »

I wonder if OTA will ever get with the program and implement interoperability..

I'd be pretty pleased if they became interoperable with Sunpass. I'd bin the Pikepasses. The Sunpass transponder is cheaper, the recharge amount is lower, and so is the minimum balance. And they sell the RFID version of the portable tag in addition to the RFID sticker.

I think the whole idea behind the sticker was to eventually be interoperable with K-Tag and the two Toll Agencies in Texas (EZTag for Houston; they had just started those when I moved back to Tulsa in 1994, and TollTag in Dallas) because all three are now using the sticker based system.  I know I'd use it for my infrequent trips to Wichita.

I can't see a reason for them to roll out interoperability with SunPass simply because of geography.  At least not in the short term.  They'd need to start local and work their way out.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 10:38:17 pm »

I hope the OTA comes up with a better solution for occasional trailer towing than the proposed phone call method for the new windshield stickers.  I like the concept of taking off the 2 axle pikepass and installing the 3 axle pikepass and vs.  The one not in use can be kept in the glovebox wrapped in the anti-static bag to prevent its activation when going through a toll station. Providing a half hour notice before I pick up or drop off my trailer is not going to be reliable in my opinion.

Per axle could work out badly for me when I've got four bikes in the back of the truck.  That would be 10 axles  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 10:39:21 pm »

Hoss, the old Transcore transponders were the same was what most toll agencies were using also. The sticker doesn't really give them anything new on that front.

I agree that Sunpass interoperability is unlikely, I'm just saying it would be nice, since they're both customer-friendly and have the portable RFID tag (I actually own one) in addition to the sticker. It baffles me as to why OTA doesn't just buy some portable tags to go with their window stickers. Of course, it also baffled me that they didn't spend the extra 5c per tag to get the Transcore tag with the user-replaceable battery. If I could get OTA to activate it, I'd never have to switch to the RFID tag. Tongue

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 10:44:45 pm »

Per axle could work out badly for me when I've got four bikes in the back of the truck.  That would be 10 axles  Wink

They would smile all the way to the bank.  You should be paying the 10 axle rate regardless of the pike pass.  Maybe you can talk them into a 6 axle rate since the bikes only have one wheel per axle.

Grin

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 10:56:35 pm »

They would smile all the way to the bank.  You should be paying the 10 axle rate regardless of the pike pass.  Maybe you can talk them into a 6 axle rate since the bikes only have one wheel per axle.

Grin

Easy on me please.  Two bottles of Avery quadruple and now I have to figure out the difference in axles with only one wheel.  Oh the humanity!!!  Cheesy

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 05:43:42 am »

Easy on me please.  Two bottles of Avery quadruple and now I have to figure out the difference in axles with only one wheel.  Oh the humanity!!!  Cheesy

Two bottles of Avery Mephistopheles' (15.92%)or The Beast Grand Cru (16.31%) and you wouldn't care.

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 11:34:12 am »

I need to start drinking up on the Avery while I can still get it in Oklahoma. I assume they're still at stores??? They were supposed to stop shipments in April.

As for the original topic, I know I've done it twice for sure, once about six months ago and once a year ago. I guess I'll continue driving on Texas tollways on the assumption they're free for Oklahomans.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 11:51:55 am »

Ted, you are correct at least according to the Ranch Acres guys.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org