A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:14:25 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walk at Tulsa Hills  (Read 135686 times)
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2014, 08:07:01 am »

Not a fan of Chuy's.  Everything is served too hot and overly spicy in my opinion.

That said, everybody has an opinion on what is good Mexican food and what Mexican food really is.

Exactly.  I'm sure I will lose all food credibility around here after this comment, but I LOVE El Chico.  Their food just sits right with me, and what I like. 
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2014, 09:09:42 am »

Not a fan of Chuy's.  Everything is served too hot and overly spicy in my opinion.

That said, everybody has an opinion on what is good Mexican food and what Mexican food really is.

If that is your opinion, then go here and don't go to a real mexican restaurants again.   Grin
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2014, 09:26:01 am »

Our new go to Mexican place is in the Farm shopping center.

Mamasota's.

http://mamasotastulsa.com/

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2014, 09:39:29 am »

Mamasota's.

Super nice guys and really good food.  Still have not visited the new location.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2014, 07:00:13 am »

Mamasota's.

Yes.  Owned by neighbors of mine.  I understand they've done very well in the new location.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2014, 07:02:27 am »

If that is your opinion, then go here and don't go to a real mexican restaurants again.   Grin

My favorite Mexican food in town is Tacos El Rinconcito at 47th & Braden (NE of 51st & Yale).  Some of the best tacos you'll ever eat and I love their refried beans.  If you're looking for more of a restaurant and enjoy a margarita kind of place I like Tres Amigos about 82nd & Lewis.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2014, 08:59:08 am »

Yes.  Owned by neighbors of mine.  I understand they've done very well in the new location.

One of the owners is an occasional poster on here: “Hometown”.

I suspect the restaurant is one reason he doesn’t take time to post here anymore.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2014, 01:04:38 pm »

I suspect the restaurant is one reason he doesn’t take time to post here anymore.

Really??   Haven't heard from him or seen him post in a long time.  Maybe other, less contentious areas of the board.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2014, 01:27:09 pm »

Mamasota's has the look just right - time for a road trip to the Farm!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2014, 01:51:47 pm »

Yes, he hasn't posted in a long time.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2014, 01:59:12 pm »

Mamasota's has the look just right - time for a road trip to the Farm!!

My family had a rather disappointing experience.
Later learned that we were apparently customer #5 or something.   We had no idea we'd shown up for their very first lunch service.   We'll be giving them another chance.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2014, 02:21:48 pm »

My family had a rather disappointing experience.
Later learned that we were apparently customer #5 or something.   We had no idea we'd shown up for their very first lunch service.   We'll be giving them another chance.

The stuff on their web site looks very good...if they only deliver "75%" it will be a win for me!

And Ronnie was a nice guy - probably hasn't changed that much....

Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #192 on: September 08, 2014, 01:42:37 pm »

Does anybody know what is going on at the Southwest corner of 81st and HW75?  They cleared the land, and it appears that the company building Main Event is possibly using it as a staging area for their equipment and trailers, but they sure did a lot of dirt work if that's all it is being used for.

Was just curious if anybody had heard anything.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #193 on: September 08, 2014, 02:53:00 pm »

People and service were great.  Food was mostly good, with just a couple disappointments - "ranch style" beans, both refried and pinto.  Spanish rice was just like everyone elses'.  I like the salsa a lot!  And the chips!

bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2014, 07:37:52 pm »

Does anybody know what is going on at the Southwest corner of 81st and HW75?  They cleared the land, and it appears that the company building Main Event is possibly using it as a staging area for their equipment and trailers, but they sure did a lot of dirt work if that's all it is being used for.

Was just curious if anybody had heard anything.

It's the new corporate headquarters for Unit Drilling.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org