A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 11:32:18 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walk at Tulsa Hills  (Read 135674 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2014, 02:45:10 pm »

Should have just allowed the Target at Tulsa Hills to be a Super Target.  Even if a high end grocer moved in they'd have different target demographics you would think.
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2014, 02:50:36 pm »

Should have just allowed the Target at Tulsa Hills to be a Super Target.  Even if a high end grocer moved in they'd have different target demographics you would think.

Yep.  The story I got (from a pretty reputable source) was that Target wanted to build a Super Target.   The developer blocked it.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2014, 04:08:36 pm »

Yep.  The story I got (from a pretty reputable source) was that Target wanted to build a Super Target.   The developer blocked it.

The fact that this is not a SuperTarget never made sense, but I guess that could be the reason.  Living in midtown that is one of the few things I have to go south to get, while one off 75 here would've been more convenient.  I can get a regular Target at 15th & Yale.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2014, 04:19:50 pm »

They were trying to land a real grocer, but it never came. Now that target has a food section, but it's not expansive.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2014, 05:05:52 pm »

Grocery selection at the 17th & Yale Target seems to be on it's death bead

They have groceries?  About the only thing I can think of there is snack food and soda.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2014, 09:03:40 pm »

They have groceries?  About the only thing I can think of there is snack food and soda.

Bread, milk, fruit, cereal, ice cream, cheese, etc.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2014, 09:14:47 pm »

Bread, milk, fruit, cereal, ice cream, cheese, etc.

Damn, never noticed fresh fruit at the 17th & Yale Target.  Then again Target is not a regular stop for us anymore.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2014, 09:27:20 pm »

Damn, never noticed fresh fruit at the 17th & Yale Target.  Then again Target is not a regular stop for us anymore.

The fact you missed the 200sqft "We Now have groceries" banner and complete remodel of the store lead me to such a conclusion.
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2014, 10:11:16 am »

Looks like they might have started moving dirt and bulldozing trees yesterday.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2014, 02:19:37 pm »

Ground work is fully underway, The Walk has started.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2014, 03:15:47 pm »

What’s next?  The Shuffle?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2014, 03:22:16 pm »

What’s next?  The Shuffle?

The parking. Lots and lots of parking.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2014, 03:57:09 pm »

The parking. Lots and lots of parking.

Love me some parking
Stone
Activist

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2014, 09:31:39 am »

I have lived in Tulsa for eight years now. While I'm proud of the progress it's made with DT revitalization etc., it has always perplexed me that this area doesn't have a great water park ( no big splash jokes please Wink. Let me scale it down a bit and ask the question: With all the hotels going up around town why can't Tulsa attract a Great Wolf Lodge type development? If not DT why not an area like The Walk? Right off the highway and close enough to I-44 (and DT)to allow easy access and visibility. Tulsa needs more options for family entertainmet IMO to keep progressing and maintain sustainability.

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2014, 11:06:47 am »

I have lived in Tulsa for eight years now. While I'm proud of the progress it's made with DT revitalization etc., it has always perplexed me that this area doesn't have a great water park ( no big splash jokes please Wink. Let me scale it down a bit and ask the question: With all the hotels going up around town why can't Tulsa attract a Great Wolf Lodge type development? If not DT why not an area like The Walk? Right off the highway and close enough to I-44 (and DT)to allow easy access and visibility. Tulsa needs more options for family entertainmet IMO to keep progressing and maintain sustainability.
There was supposed to be an entertainment development going in at 81st & Union. I can't remember the name of it now, but there was some discussion here about it.

Edited to add:
Found it. http://www.mainevent.com/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:09:01 am by AngieBrumley » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org