A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 05:56:31 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What new establishment would you like downtown?  (Read 53961 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« on: June 07, 2011, 12:06:01 pm »

We will have a small market/grocery, mexian food, japanese food, pizza, bbq, bbq, bbq, sandwich shop,bowling ally, irish pub, retropub, bars, t-shirt shop, boutique shop, football, basketball, baseball, hockey.

What else would you like to see?

I would like to see a comedy club and a movie theater (Alamo Drafthouse Style)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:08:59 pm by CharlieSheen » Logged
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 12:47:53 pm »

I had never heard of Alamo Drafthouse before yesterday. Now, I really want one.

http://cf.drafthouse.com/she_texted_we_kicked_her_out2.html
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:52:18 pm »

Anything fun or attractive to fill in the surface lot bordered by McNellies, Joe Mommas, and Fleet Feet.

Please

Multi-level mall, drinking/food establishments, apartments/condos...Hell, mini-golf course, escalator to nowhere, whatever.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:58:34 pm »

I thought about starting a thread on that post.  While that person was obviously doing something obnoxious.  I think that if done politely, you could text in that theater under the table without bothering others since there are already lights under the tables.  Although I bet your cell phone is brighter.

It's kinda like the "no electronics on during takoff/landing" rule on airplanes. Any little bit of leniency will be abused and its easier to have a strict, blanket policy.
OurTulsa
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 12:59:06 pm »

Pinot's Palette!  

I had a friend just go and she said they (group of 6) had a blast.  It's not something I would go to often but every once in while I think it would be fun with a group or another friend.  I imagine enough others in a metro with close to a mil. would to make it viable.  It would be another destination to bring one downtown for dinner and other activities.

http://www.pinotspalette.com/
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 12:59:32 pm »

Upscale steakhouse.  Ruth's Chris would be my preference.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 01:04:40 pm »

I think the concept of Pinot's Palette is good.  I think it would be very hard to judge demand for that type of thing.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 01:06:01 pm »

I want a big bakery that has great breakfast stuff for the office, hearty sandwiches for lunch and great bread by the loaf to take home for dinner.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 01:36:08 pm »

Some place to fill a growler with good beer, be it a liquor store, brewpub, or just a regular bar that fills growlers. Since that's not likely to happen any time soon due to hypocritical lawmakers (small government, lack of gov't interference in commerce, ha!), a regular liquor store.

I'd also like a walgreens or similar store.

And some more takeout places that are open nights/weekends. Some more places in the mold of the Dog House (open late, counter service) would be great.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:38:51 pm by TheTed » Logged

kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 01:37:35 pm »

I had never heard of Alamo Drafthouse before yesterday. Now, I really want one.

http://cf.drafthouse.com/she_texted_we_kicked_her_out2.html

Agreed! Alamo Drafthouse is the most awesome movie-going experience I've ever had.
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 01:41:30 pm »

Another vote for Alamo Drafthouse... preferably in that huge parking lot south of McNellie's.

'twould be awesome.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 02:00:05 pm »

What boutique shopping is there besides Dwelling Spaces? Downtown, Cherry Street and Brookside are all lacking in cool places to shop.

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 02:08:40 pm »

What boutique shopping is there besides Dwelling Spaces? Downtown, Cherry Street and Brookside are all lacking in cool places to shop.

Meant to say "Shop" Smiley  Fixed it
rdj
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 02:14:27 pm »

Movie theater in the building just north of El Guapo.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 02:16:50 pm »

Upscale steakhouse.  Ruth's Chris would be my preference.

How about a Mahogany or McGill's since those are both area companies?  I've never eaten at Ruth's Chris so I cannot comment as to the food or experience, I simply tend to try to be more loyal to local companies and proprietors.

Besides, why would you support Ruth's Chris?  Major Sean Hannity sponsor Wink

With the current retail/entertainment/dining-scape in downtown, I'd love to see some sort of dense residential or mixed-use development which includes reasonably affordable residential to the east of the Joe Momma's/Boomtown/Max/Back Alley area.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org