A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:32:38 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sager's 1st St Lofts in Foreclosure  (Read 36364 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 10:31:23 am »

I'm not buying the economy excuse.  This place started work in early 2007, before it really hit the fan.  He already had financing in place, including from tax payer funds, prior to the collapse.  Downtown has also thrived around that building in the last four years.  I don't buy that he's the only one suffering and who can't finish the project.  There is something else going on here and I am very suspicious about it.  I don't know him personally or the details of his situation, I'm just pointing out that his story doesn't add up.  And I agree it's pretty ridiculous that he put his own name on the building and then essentially abandoned it.  And I expect if he is kicked off the project through foreclosure, that someone else would step in and finish it off in a reasonable amount of time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 10:34:28 am »

I think everyone agrees that it needs to be finished and I hope he finds a way to do that.
He should not have any problem renting these units as long as they are priced to attract younger downtowners. We need these units, we need the v2025 loan paid back so it can be re-allocated to another housing project in downtown...downtown and the BD will benefit from these lofts.

Its hard to buy into Sager's assertion that the economy is to blame when we all know that he went back to V2025 for a second disbursement, we know the amount of the salary that he paid to himself at 1st St Lofts and we know that he recently bought another building on Elgin that will soon (we think) be a restaurant.

How much was he paying himself as a salary does anyone know?

And I expect if he is kicked off the project through foreclosure, that someone else would step in and finish it off in a reasonable amount of time.

Just as long as it's not Jerry Gordon.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 10:37:38 am »

Just as long as it's not Jerry Gordon.

Railroad Walk.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 10:47:30 am »

Low 6

Here is a little perspective:
Urban Tulsa article from July of 2010
http://www.urbantulsa.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A31241

Tulsa Now discussion from July 2009
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=13875.0
rdj
City Father

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 10:52:16 am »

The replies to the story on the TW website are interesting.  No idea if the poster has any legitimate knowledge, but it certainly is damning.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 11:04:16 am »

Typical Sager.  His finances have always been binary.

There are 102 ways to look at that.

Kenosha
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 11:37:00 am »

Eliot has attempted to buy the project many times.   Over/Under on how many months until he does?

He has?  Evidence?

Look, I am not defending the obvious absurdity of the situation.  The project should have been able to be completed within the budget, and there is no one to blame but the developer.  But anyone who says the economy hasn't affected real estate development in Tulsa isn't in the development business.  It has ground to a halt.  The stuff that has happened in downtown, or anywhere, is from pure willpower, from private investor capital, or is a self financed pet project, because the banks aren't having it.  I know established developers who have lost their donkey in this economic debacle, and you won't find a single developer who says that it's been good since late 2008.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 12:08:38 pm »

He has?  Evidence?

Look, I am not defending the obvious absurdity of the situation.  The project should have been able to be completed within the budget, and there is no one to blame but the developer.  But anyone who says the economy hasn't affected real estate development in Tulsa isn't in the development business.  It has ground to a halt.  The stuff that has happened in downtown, or anywhere, is from pure willpower, from private investor capital, or is a self financed pet project, because the banks aren't having it.  I know established developers who have lost their donkey in this economic debacle, and you won't find a single developer who says that it's been good since late 2008.

My evidence drowned in the bottom of a pint glass at McNellie's one evening...

You are right about development.  Save for the Kaiser owned center in BA, Tulsa Hills, S Memorial & downtown there is next to nothing going on in Tulsa right now.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 12:22:58 pm »

Based on the construction bid news services, I'd dispute that.

Sure grandiose projects like the big river development south of the Creek are on hold, but did anyone really see that coming to fruition any time soon?  Tulsa was nearing a saturation point prior to the collapse in 2008.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 01:17:39 pm »

Sure grandiose projects like the big river development south of the Creek are on hold, but did anyone really see that coming to fruition any time soon?  Tulsa was nearing a saturation point prior to the collapse in 2008.

Ahem....you waited four 3 years to make that assertion?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:29:17 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 01:32:17 pm »

Nope.  I bet you can search the archives and find me making that claim as far back as '07 or '08.  It was starting to look a lot like the early '80's again...

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 01:34:37 pm »

I've never seen Conan endorse a grandiose type of development. Not sure what you meant.

Suburban developments have not slowed in my opinion...Tulsa Hills and the Memorial/Bixby corridor have tons of activity. Urban core development is just now starting to ramp up.

We have seen a slow down in the bungalow/Mcmansion swaps that were popular a few years ago.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 01:42:36 pm »

I've never seen Conan endorse a grandiose type of development. Not sure what you meant.

Suburban developments have not slowed in my opinion...Tulsa Hills and the Memorial/Bixby corridor have tons of activity. Urban core development is just now starting to ramp up.

We have seen a slow down in the bungalow/Mcmansion swaps that were popular a few years ago.

Don't ramp up too much.....this economy will be a drag for many years.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 01:51:08 pm »

Sure grandiose projects like the big river development south of the Creek are on hold, but did anyone really see that coming to fruition any time soon?  Tulsa was nearing a saturation point prior to the collapse in 2008.

Dispute what?  Construction news services will tell you housing is down 30% over 2010, mainly because of expired tax credits, and 2010 was still significantly off from 2007.

Commercial isn't better.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 03:04:18 pm »

Dispute what?  Construction news services will tell you housing is down 30% over 2010, mainly because of expired tax credits, and 2010 was still significantly off from 2007.

Commercial isn't better.

I don't follow residential, no money in it for me, or precious little.  Wink

Only thing that's not happening right now is development of any new shopping districts or M.U.D.'s (like the East End), there's plenty of incremental development going on. The volume of projects on isqft (Bid News Ok) looks about the same as it has for the last five years with it's usual mix of government, medical, hotel, new restaurants, schools, etc. Decent mix of public and private money...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org