A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:27:14 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sager's 1st St Lofts in Foreclosure  (Read 36344 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2011, 07:44:47 pm »

Let him eat cake! http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2011/12/22/news/doc4ef266f78f278321044308.txt   Angry
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2012, 09:16:00 am »

Here's a new year interview Sager did with KRMG re: 2012 Blue Dome projects.  There's a little more info about his lofts (surprise!  slowly moving ahead!) and some of the tenants they're considering.  He also talks about a building I've been interested in for awhile, an old tractor (!!) dealership on 2nd and Frankfort. 

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/new-year-will-bring-big-changes-downtown-tulsa/nGCcW/

New year will bring big changes to downtown Tulsa
It will be easier than ever to live, work and play downtown

TULSA, Okla. — The year 2012 promises to be a very busy one in downtown Tulsa, with any number of development projects ongoing simultaneously and more on the way.

KRMG sat down with downtown developer Michael Sager, the driving force behind the Blue Dome district.
He spoke enthusiastically about all the projects underway in his part of downtown.

"First Street Lofts have been kind of stuck for a while and we've got it back on track, we're moving forward," he said -- in spite of recent media reports to the contrary.

"We're building a liquor store called "Whisky Business" in the Blue Dome,  and S & J Oyster out of Brookside's coming down, and we've got an artisan bakery going in, we've got a grocery store around the corner," he added. And there was more.

"You know, OU-TU med school's coming," he continued, "Albert G's Barbeque is under construction. Rib Crib says they're coming and they've got a lease in the neighborhood."

That doesn't even take into account all the activity in the Brady Arts District, to the west of Blue Dome.

"American Residential's just about to finish this tremendous project in Brady," Sager said, which is comprised of about 80 lofts.

Another lofts project at Greenwood and Archer has recently overcome some hurdles and will soon break ground. He also mentioned the hotel currently under construction in the Brady District.

Sager also hopes to find a tenant for a unique building located at 2nd and Frankfort. Built in 1931 or '32 to house large truck sales for International Harvester, the building has never been modified, and with 38,000 square feet of room -- all on one floor -- it's unlike any other building in Tulsa.

KRMG asked Sager what kind of business he thinks will go in there. "It is absolutely unique, there's no reason to cut it up into small buildings," he said. "I see design companies. We've had inquiries for major national marketing companies to be placed in the midwest. We're rich with telecom here and all kinds of other things, we're in a Mid-America time zone, you can work either coast and not pay overtime to your employees."

He seemed optimistic for the building's future, and for the downtown area as a whole. "We're all part of the same city here, and it's just terrific."
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2012, 09:56:08 am »

Would you guys describe Sager as, "the driving force behind Blue Dome District"? Pretty low key, low effectiveness, driver.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2012, 09:58:30 am »

Would you guys describe Sager as, "the driving force behind Blue Dome District"? Pretty low key, low effectiveness, driver.

Blake?  Got an opinion on that?
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2012, 03:38:46 pm »

Sager says there is no doubt in his mind the project will be completed in a timely manner.

So he's got a time machine to go back a few years to "a timely manner"?

tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2012, 04:07:20 pm »

Wow, what a fluff piece.  He must have some close friends at KRMG. 

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2012, 06:24:06 pm »

Gross...

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2012, 09:36:38 am »

Blake?  Got an opinion on that?

Boy... you're not kidding.

I was wondering what Blake or Elliot would think about Michael Sager being described as "the driving force behind the Blue Dome district."

LOL
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2012, 09:47:17 am »

Holy Batman!

The Shark's must be throwing more cashola his way....
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2012, 09:24:34 pm »

Boy... you're not kidding.

I was wondering what Blake or Elliot would think about Michael Sager being described as "the driving force behind the Blue Dome district."

LOL

I wonder if he bought this one...

http://www.urbantulsa.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A45501

Do a search on his name...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2012, 10:01:24 pm »

I wonder if he bought this one...

http://www.urbantulsa.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A45501

Do a search on his name...
So it became his district when?
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2012, 10:19:18 pm »

That list has some seriously lame self agrandisment.  Ray pearcy (who thinks Sagar is just great); Keith Skyzvkypcheck (or however it's spelled) plus UTW writers.  Give me a break.  Some peopleon the list really deserve it, but this was some serious self-stroking.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 10:25:59 pm »

That list is %99 pathetic..... Custo, it has always been "his" district.

I want your lunch money, now.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:07 pm »

So it became his district when?

Of course it is his district! It has always been! You should be thankful that he lets lowly souls like us walk the streets.

I am a bit confused as to how 2nd and 3rd streets are now under the possession of Michael Sager, but at least he so graciously lends them out for other uses....
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2012, 11:06:16 pm »

Interesting link. What city was that?
Not one I recognize.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org