A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:41:52 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rick Perry has almost killed Texas and now he wants to be President of America  (Read 16410 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: August 19, 2011, 10:56:30 am »

Texas has the highest rate of unemployment for the states that surround it at 8.4% That rate is the highest since 1987. Texas also has the highest rate of employment at minimum wage or below. Since the recession started, The U.S. has eliminated over 400,000 government jobs. In that same time period, Texas has created over 100,000 new government jobs.

http://www.statesman.com/

Texas in number 1 in workplace fatalities. Texas is 50th in rates of workers with worker's compensation insurance. So we kill a few of them...at least Texas are rich...oh, but wait...

Texas is 48th in median household net worth. Texas is 50th in average credit score.

http://www.texaswatch.org/2011/08/texas-miracle-or-myth/

Almost 10% of the workforce in Texas is paid at or below minimum wage. Many of these jobs are dangerous and they are not insured. The workers have no value in their homes and terrible credit ratings.

But he is the front-runner in the republican race...

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:26:42 am »

Wow!  Sounds like Texas is a really horrible place.  Hellish!

Cheesy

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:44:18 am »

Wow!  Sounds like Texas is a really horrible place.  Hellish!
 Cheesy

It sounds so bad I'd rather live in Oklahoma.  Oh, wait a minute.  I do live in Oklahoma.

Nevermind.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 11:49:53 am »

Gaspar,
Scary...another point we agree on completely!

I thought at one time that I might have to move to Baja Oklahoma just to find work.  Was sleepless for weeks!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacks fan
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 11:52:43 am »

I guess that means that Perry had good teachers when he served under "W" and Ann Richards for learning how to destroy Texas.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 11:54:06 am »

I thought at one time that I might have to move to Baja Oklahoma just to find work.  Was sleepless for weeks!

You claim to have been out of work for nearly 3 years but were only sleepless for weeks?

Don't worry, be happy....

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 11:55:47 am »

I guess that means that Perry had good teachers when he served under "W" and Ann Richards for learning how to destroy Texas.

Wait just a minute....

Ann Richards is/was a Democrat.  She cannot possibly be responsible for anything bad in Texas.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 11:58:21 am »

Wait just a minute....

Ann Richards is/was a Democrat.  She cannot possibly be responsible for anything bad in Texas.

YOU said it...

BTW, I lived in Houston during the Ann Richards reign.  It was crappy then, too...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 12:03:54 pm »

Wait just a minute....

Ann Richards is/was a Democrat.  She cannot possibly be responsible for anything bad in Texas.

Just saying that all three have been Governor since 1991, four years after there lowest unemploument rate.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 12:17:48 pm »

Ah yes, the requisite RM drive-by on the GOP front-runner!

Here's an interesting take from someone who is NOT a Perry supporter.

Texas has fantastic job growth, but apparently people are moving there quicker than new job opportunities are popping up, so the u/e rate is staying about static.  There's plenty of job growth, just more demand than supply.

http://www.politicalmathblog.com/?p=1590

Interesting read.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 12:28:47 pm »

Ah yes, the requisite RM drive-by on the GOP front-runner!

Here's an interesting take from someone who is NOT a Perry supporter.

Texas has fantastic job growth, but apparently people are moving there quicker than new job opportunities are popping up, so the u/e rate is staying about static.  There's plenty of job growth, just more demand than supply.

http://www.politicalmathblog.com/?p=1590

Interesting read.

If Perry's the best they've got, they're in for trouble.  Especially now that this stem-cell treatment he got for his back has come to light.  Not saying it's right, but that whole stem-cell thing rolls right off the abortion issue and he's going to have some 'splainin to do to the base.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 12:33:23 pm »

Maybe we should take Perry up on his offer to secede......might increase the overall IQ of the nation, decrease our unemp rate and give us a new low labor cost trade partner!

onward...through the fog
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 12:35:36 pm »

Yes. I start posts about many republican candidates. gaspar doubles my effort on Obama alone.

I haven't written about all the republican presidential candidates...yet. But it should be said by someone about the ones with terrible baggage. You are the one who stays an (R) with the likes of Newt, Bachman, and Perry.

The issue to me is that this guy is running on a platform that he can create jobs. Looking  at the employment that he claims to created, I am not sure America can afford a president like him.

He has created nothing but government jobs or minimum wage jobs. Nobody is protected with work insurance and many people are getting hurt on the job. Everybody has terrible credit and no net worth.

For Rick Perry to claim he has the answers to the ecomony and jobs is more hypocritical than Newt defending marriage.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 12:39:16 pm »

If Perry's the best they've got, they're in for trouble.  Especially now that this stem-cell treatment he got for his back has come to light.  Not saying it's right, but that whole stem-cell thing rolls right off the abortion issue and he's going to have some 'splainin to do to the base.

Did you know they were adult stem cells? Do you think that's the most hypocritical issue for Perry? Do you realize he doesn't understand the role of the Fed and the importance of maintaining their independence? Do you think he understands treasonous behavior?

I have sent my check to Pastor Perry. Do you think he wears his pants too tight?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 12:49:50 pm »

I saw a close-up camera shot of him talking to what I think was a young child. He was reassuring whoever it was that "In Texas, we teach creationism along with Darwinism" as though that was a truly important issue to be quoted on in a presidential election. He won't last long.

onward...through the fog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org