A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:47:10 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rick Perry has almost killed Texas and now he wants to be President of America  (Read 16449 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 12:55:08 pm »

Don't you think this country could be put back on the right track with another Texas Governor?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngiJhmoFKkw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Please, support Rick Perry.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 01:02:15 pm »

Yes. I start posts about many republican candidates. gaspar doubles my effort on Obama alone.

I haven't written about all the republican presidential candidates...yet. But it should be said by someone about the ones with terrible baggage. You are the one who stays an (R) with the likes of Newt, Bachman, and Perry.

The issue to me is that this guy is running on a platform that he can create jobs. Looking  at the employment that he claims to created, I am not sure America can afford a president like him.

He has created nothing but government jobs or minimum wage jobs. Nobody is protected with work insurance and many people are getting hurt on the job. Everybody has terrible credit and no net worth.

For Rick Perry to claim he has the answers to the ecomony and jobs is more hypocritical than Newt defending marriage.

When 800,000 people flock to a state, naturally there are going to be lots of lower paying service jobs created as well as government jobs (teachers, admin, public safety) which become necessary to serve that influx.  Read the blog I posted, or are you afraid to have the wind let out of your sails?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 01:17:02 pm »

When 800,000 people flock to a state, naturally there are going to be lots of lower paying service jobs created as well as government jobs (teachers, admin, public safety) which become necessary to serve that influx.  Read the blog I posted, or are you afraid to have the wind let out of your sails?

Do you think all those people flocked there because of all the wonderful thingy's Perry did?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2011/07/20/rick-perry-for-president-meet-24-billionaires-whove-backed-him/

SEND MONEY! http://www.rickperry.org/join-today/
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 01:22:41 pm »

Do you think all those people flocked there because of all the wonderful thingy's Perry did?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2011/07/20/rick-perry-for-president-meet-24-billionaires-whove-backed-him/

SEND MONEY! http://www.rickperry.org/join-today/

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 01:25:32 pm »

Did you know they were adult stem cells? Do you think that's the most hypocritical issue for Perry? Do you realize he doesn't understand the role of the Fed and the importance of maintaining their independence? Do you think he understands treasonous behavior?

I have sent my check to Pastor Perry. Do you think he wears his pants too tight?

It doesn't matter that they were adult or embryonic.  And yes, I did know it.  The problem is the right has made 'stem-cell' synonymous with 'embryonic stem-cell' so there's going to be some knee-jerk reaction to it.  It's the fact that he'll have to explain it.  Like Newt and the Tiffany's debt, among others.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 01:30:12 pm »

It doesn't matter that they were adult or embryonic.  And yes, I did know it.  The problem is the right has made 'stem-cell' synonymous with 'embryonic stem-cell' so there's going to be some knee-jerk reaction to it.  It's the fact that he'll have to explain it.  Like Newt and the Tiffany's debt, among others.

I made a mistake thinking the knee-jerkers knew better.... I have to remind myself what Brian sez:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg[/youtube]
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 02:48:35 pm »

We could always look at the other side of the policy coin.  California just hit 12% unemployment today.  Perhaps we could find a candidate from there. 

It's gong to be hard for the fringe to criticize Perry's record, so I think we will see a whole lot of "Oh smile he likes God!" and "Oh smile he hates black people," and "Oh smile he wears cowboy boots."

Personally, he's not my front runner but I do like the fact that he aint afraid to get smile on those boots!  It's that old Texas in-your-face politics that may be just what we need.

Even if he doesn't get the nomination (and he wont), he's gonna flush out a bunch roaches on the way!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 03:06:08 pm »

I will freely admit that he scares the smile out of me.  I don't know where I heard it but someone said that where Bush was a practicing conservative, to this guy it is dogma (paraphrasing because I can't remember the actual quote).

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 03:12:03 pm »

I will freely admit that he scares the smile out of me.  I don't know where I heard it but someone said that where Bush was a practicing conservative, to this guy it is dogma (paraphrasing because I can't remember the actual quote).

JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 03:13:37 pm »

Gaspar... I have a whole new level of respect for you.  You pulled a Buddy Christ out of the hat.  Very nice.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 03:14:16 pm »

Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 03:58:51 pm »

Grin

Wonder if Kevin's looking to sell...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 08:10:48 pm »

YOU said it...

BTW, I lived in Houston during the Ann Richards reign.  It was crappy then, too...

The sarcasm should have been intuitively obvious to the most casual observer.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 08:12:43 pm »

I made a mistake thinking the knee-jerkers knew better....

That'll teach you to think.
 Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 09:00:45 pm »

Almost 10% of the workforce in Texas is paid at or below minimum wage.

I actually know not to ask questions I don't know the answer to but I will anyway.

How does that compare to other states?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org