A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 06:15:47 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady Arts Districit New Business! Benny's Billiards  (Read 14003 times)
HeyMambo
Citizen

« on: August 24, 2011, 02:37:50 pm »

Not sure who it is just yet. But there is Pool hall going in on 13 e Brady st, next to the Alley. Call Benny's Billiards! Anyone else know anything?

* IMG_2559.jpg (832.34 KB - downloaded 193 times.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 02:49:14 pm »

Not sure who it is just yet. But there is Pool hall going in on 13 e Brady st, next to the Alley. Call Benny's Billiards! Anyone else know anything?

Uh oh.  Then comes the tattoo parlors and hookers.

I kid! I kid!

Glad to see even more life coming to the Brady.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 02:50:20 pm »

After a quick Google Search:  

http://www.retrophilly.com/product-p/rr006.htm

If you came of age in West Philly during the 50's, and were considered old enough to get a table so you could rack up a few rounds of 8-ball at Benny's, you were living on the edge!  Pool halls weren't ideal places for nice Jewish boys, but if you went up the steps and into Benny's who knew what you were likely to see, outside maybe of Pop or Grandpop!  The characters who hung out there were legendary and the skilled players were among some of the finest in the city.  Old-style billiards halls like Benny's were a rite of passage for many of us.  Never know when you'll need to line up a good bank shot!

But the name could also be in reference to the book/movie Rumble Fish. 

Look forward to having part of downtown!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:52:01 pm by stageidea » Logged

HeyMambo
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 02:52:59 pm »

Uh oh.  Then comes the tattoo parlors and hookers.

I kid! I kid!

Glad to see even more life coming to the Brady.

Where are the hookers on Brookside then?

I kid I kid Shocked
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 04:12:49 pm »

Sounds like a great addition to the neighborhood.

Isn't therre a tattoo parlor by the old Deadtown Tavern?
TheLofts@120
Activist

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 06:04:10 pm »

All I can say for the moment is 'wait and see'...but its not what you would expect, which I think is the point...confused now?  Stay tuned.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 06:42:15 am »

I think all of the hookers have moved to Promenade Mall. 

I had to go there with my daughter for a performance a few weeks back and was amazed.  It was like an episode of Cops.

We watched security chase down and tackle a group of shop outside of the new Tattoo parlor, we saw several young (nearly naked) women standing around flirting and calling to guys as they walked by.  There were people getting into fights and a significant contingent of security guards and police trying to hold things together.

Reminded me of a prison yard with retail!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 07:03:16 am »

I think all of the hookers have moved to Promenade Mall. 

I had to go there with my daughter for a performance a few weeks back and was amazed.  It was like an episode of Cops.

We watched security chase down and tackle a group of shop outside of the new Tattoo parlor, we saw several young (nearly naked) women standing around flirting and calling to guys as they walked by.  There were people getting into fights and a significant contingent of security guards and police trying to hold things together.

Reminded me of a prison yard with retail!

Actually, it reminds me of Woodland Hills in the mid 90s

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 07:39:41 am »

...we saw several young (nearly naked) women standing around flirting and calling to guys as they walked by. 

I guess I need to go shopping. Let me get some one dollar bills and I will meet you at the mall later.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 08:11:42 am »

I guess I need to go shopping. Let me get some one dollar bills and I will meet you at the mall later.

I think the ATMs there only dispense dollar bills  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 08:15:09 am »

Where are the hookers on Brookside then?

I kid I kid Shocked

I guess you haven't been to Ivey Scott.

I keed I keed
HeyMambo
Citizen

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 09:58:29 am »

I guess you haven't been to Ivey Scott.

I keed I keed

Can't say I have Grin
mobboss
Activist

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 01:38:28 am »

scott, you dont recognize my handwriting on that glass?

stay tuned and i'll fill you in on what we are doing to the poolhall and hope you all can be a part of it.... though you'll have to look fast.

zach

mobboss
Activist

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 02:48:45 am »

start: Monday, August 22

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 10:33:09 am »

Lemme guess.... this isn't a pool hall at all, but some sort of temporary art exhibit.

Is there even room for more than one pool table in there?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org