A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 05:58:50 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady Arts Districit New Business! Benny's Billiards  (Read 14000 times)
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 11:41:58 am »

I vote film set.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 11:43:39 am »

I vote film set.

Bow chicka bow bow?
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 11:57:54 am »

Lemme guess.... this isn't a pool hall at all, but some sort of temporary art exhibit.

Is there even room for more than one pool table in there?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 02:25:13 pm »

Bow chicka bow bow?

I used to have a waterbed named that.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Kenosha
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 01:33:21 pm »

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=221629087885951

"MOTORCYCLE BOY'S NEVER COMING BACK"

http://www.videodetective.com/movies/trailers/rumble-fish-trailer/355

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?vps=2&ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201153061839409825800.0004ab8362fc20d3b6449

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 07:00:47 pm »

Wow. temp art exhibit and film set were both guessed and both correct.  For those of you who are familiar with the area and have nextflix, Rumblefish is available streaming.  You should check it out.  Benny's is there, with tom waits behind the bar.  Think of Nick Cage standing outsidebor lawrence fishburn walking in if you go see the show.  I saw this as they were doing the penciling in the windows.  This already has had a huge response on facebook and I'm very very excited about it.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 01:14:35 pm »

Drove by today and there is construction going on inside.  Was it ever confirmed that it was an art exhibit of some sort?  Any more recent plans?
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 05:56:57 pm »

Drove by today and there is construction going on inside.  Was it ever confirmed that it was an art exhibit of some sort?  Any more recent plans?

It's going to be a bar.  I think (i may be way off) that it was supposed to be Valhalla.  Or something like that.  They took out the stamped metal ceiling.  Bummer.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
TheLofts@120
Activist

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 10:00:43 pm »

We are proud to announce that 13 E. Brady will be the new home of the Valkyrie Bar, operated by local entrepreneurs with years of operations experience.  This promises to be a great addition to the entertainment offerings in the Brady Arts & Entertainment District.  They should be opening in the next few months, and all indications (based on renderings) is that it is going to be awesome inside.  

Unfortunately due to residential/retail code requirements, we were forced to remove the existing metal ceiling in favor of a code compliant fire rated separation of space.  

As for previous inquiries about Benny's Billiards...it was an homage to Rumblefish by Francis Ford Coppola, scenes of which were filmed in that location and the adjacent alley.  Was a great use of the space and helped us highlight its availability.  All made possible by the folks at Git Wit Creative which is right next door at 11 E. Brady.

Stay tuned for other great additions coming to the Brady Arts & Entertainment District soon!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:02:37 pm by TheLofts@120 » Logged

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 11:23:51 am »

Valkyrie Bar...this makes me think Kyla from Empire is involved?
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 11:25:42 am »

Great news.  More activity on this stretch of Main will be a great addition
Toniferous
Tourist

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 02:23:56 pm »

That Benny's Billiards spot at 13 E. Brady will indeed be a bar called Valkyrie, and will  hopefully be opening in May (more on this as things progress.)

Copy pasta from the facebook page that is (like the bar) still under construction:

We at Valkyrie proudly serve all of our fine beverages in the most closely appropriate cups available.

Cocktails? We got 'em. Fancy ones. Regular ones. Tall ones. Short ones. Fat ones. Skinny ones. (Mostly fancy ones.)

You want some beer? We got those too. All draft. All strong. We've got fourteen different taps; each dedicated to its own style. The brands of each style change with the wind. (Changing with the wind would probably be only a coincidence, though they do change regularly.)

We also have wine. Good wines. Served in cups.

And snacks. For dippin'.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 03:11:19 pm »

We also have wine. Good wines. Served in cups. 

I hope that is better than it sounds.
Toniferous
Tourist

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 10:31:44 pm »

I hope that is better than it sounds.

It's hard to tout wine without sounding snooty.  It won't be Fetzer or some junk.  We'll carry what we feel we can serve with pride that won't break our bank, so we won't break yours.  "Cups" is a funny word.  Cups...     
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 08:36:56 am »

It's hard to tout wine without sounding snooty.  It won't be Fetzer or some junk.  We'll carry what we feel we can serve with pride that won't break our bank, so we won't break yours.  "Cups" is a funny word.  Cups...     

ICUP is a funnier word
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org