A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:47:22 pm
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 421360 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1305 on: November 22, 2011, 11:57:34 am »

Sure they do.  And that levelish opportunity doesn't exist.

It may or may not exist.  Not surprised by your answer though (Nathan's either).  I am surprised Wevsus hasn't chimed in.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #1306 on: November 22, 2011, 12:05:04 pm »

It may or may not exist.  Not surprised by your answer though (Nathan's either).  I am surprised Wevsus hasn't chimed in.

That levelish opportunity doesn't exist.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1307 on: November 22, 2011, 12:20:36 pm »

That levelish opportunity doesn't exist.

Oh, there you are.

I won't deny that for many the opportunity doesn't exist.  For some it may be self inflicted by other decisons.  Others are not suited to a particular path.  I would not be successful as an actor, artist, restaurant owner and many more.  My original statement on this topic was more along the line that level/equal opportunity does not guarantee level/equal success.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1308 on: November 22, 2011, 12:29:10 pm »

Oh, there you are.

I won't deny that for many the opportunity doesn't exist.  For some it may be self inflicted by other decisons.  Others are not suited to a particular path.  I would not be successful as an actor, artist, restaurant owner and many more.  My original statement on this topic was more along the line that level/equal opportunity does not guarantee level/equal success.

But. . .had you gotten your "majorette" in drama like this precious doll, the government could get you a job as a director!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=06-LschF82o[/youtube]

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1309 on: November 22, 2011, 01:52:27 pm »

^^^^^

Would you stop posting vids of the fringe of the Pee Party movement.  /sarc

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1310 on: November 22, 2011, 02:10:40 pm »

Interesting when you see it in perspective.
The officer tells the protesters that if they don't clear the walkway they will be pepper-sprayed.

He tells them that he is getting ready to spray them.  The reply is “Your shooting us specifically? No that’s fine, that’s fine.”

Then they continue to lock arms and taunt him to spray them.  He obliges.

His other alternative would have been physical take-down and arrest.   

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WO4406KJQMc#![/youtube]

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #1311 on: November 22, 2011, 02:35:46 pm »

The officer tells the protesters that if they don't clear the walkway they will be pepper-sprayed.

He tells them that he is getting ready to spray them.  The reply is “Your shooting us specifically? No that’s fine, that’s fine.”

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WO4406KJQMc#![/youtube]

Gasp. Not only was that hard to watch. It was jacking with my ears. Was that Directed by the majorette in the previous video ?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1312 on: November 22, 2011, 03:12:54 pm »

Gasp. Not only was that hard to watch. It was jacking with my ears. Was that Directed by the majorette in the previous video ?

I don't think they had no cuts and stuff.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1313 on: November 22, 2011, 06:04:44 pm »

Here is a list of businesses you Pee Party supporters are requested to boycott on Black Friday:

- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Amazon.com (yes, we have to stay away from Amazon, too!)
- AT&T Wireless

- Burlington Coat Factory

- Dick's Sporting Goods (I was surprised, too!)
- Dollar Tree
- The Home Depot

- Neiman Marcus
- OfficeMax
- Toys R'Us
- Verizon Wireless
- Wal-Mart

http://www.stopblackfriday.com/2011/11/retail-stores-to-occupy-boycott-on.html
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:06:45 pm by guido911 » Logged

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1314 on: November 22, 2011, 07:54:24 pm »

Here is a list of businesses you Pee Party supporters are requested to boycott on Black Friday:

Well, you can put to bed the idea rattling around in your head that these folks are pro-union. AT&T is by far the most unionized of the telecom carriers. Even a lot of their salespeople are union. Unlike Verizon, their wireless division is also mostly unionized, not just landline.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1315 on: November 22, 2011, 08:30:11 pm »

Well, you can put to bed the idea rattling around in your head that these folks are pro-union. AT&T is by far the most unionized of the telecom carriers. Even a lot of their salespeople are union. Unlike Verizon, their wireless division is also mostly unionized, not just landline.

Well, despite the Pee Party's request, I will buy the gifts I plan to donate to the needy at Toys R Us. I may buy a couple more just to make up for the "boycott".

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1316 on: November 22, 2011, 09:08:47 pm »

Pee Partiers are probably unaware of the union status of the AT&T workers.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1317 on: November 22, 2011, 09:53:44 pm »

Pee Partiers are probably unaware of the union status of the AT&T workers.

Minor edit.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1318 on: November 22, 2011, 11:49:51 pm »

He tells them that he is getting ready to spray them.  The reply is “Your shooting us specifically? No that’s fine, that’s fine.”
Then they continue to lock arms and taunt him to spray them.  He obliges.

His other alternative would have been to walk away from a peaceful gathering.
That area was actually designed for student gatherings, so a gathering of students would not have been particularly out of order.
But that apparently wasn't his style:

In 2003, two years after John Pike joined the campus police force, he received his first meritorious service award for using his patrol car to bump a suspect's vehicle onto a local highway ramp.
Four years later, the university's press office issued a release about accolades Pike received after subduing a UC Davis Medical Center patient who was threatening a fellow officer.  Pike saw the scissors-wielding patient try to assault an officer and landed "a body block, powering his left shoulder" into her, the release said.
But an alleged anti-gay slur by Pike also figured in a racial and sexual discrimination lawsuit a former police officer filed against the department, which ended in a $240,000 settlement in 2008.
Katehi identified Pike as one of the officers involved in the pepper-spray incident in an interview with the campus television station Sunday, and university communications staff confirmed his role Tuesday.
Over the weekend, the hacker group Anonymous, which is affiliated with the Occupy Wall Street movement, posted on its website Pike's phone number and other personal details.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:00:53 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1319 on: November 23, 2011, 12:27:56 am »

You really think pepper spraying people who are non-violently blocking a little-used walkway is appropriate in any circumstance? Where do you draw the line? Since he warned them, could he have shot them?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org