A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 02:27:19 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DUI as Entertainment  (Read 16967 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 12:45:33 pm »

And I'd reach into the next case for some Yuengling. Wink

Is Yuengling any good?  I've never tried any.  Where did you bring it back from?

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 02:31:04 pm »

(Los Angeles, CA) – TLC takes a raw, first-hand look at the consequences of drivers under the influence with the new series D.U.I., premiering on Thursday, December 1 at 9 PM ET/PT. The action unfolds as law enforcement works to prevent drivers from risking their lives and the lives of others. The network has ordered 12 episodes with six premiering in December and an additional six currently scheduled to air in 2012.
D.U.I. brings viewers on a journey behind the wheel with some of Oklahoma’s most dangerous drivers as they are pulled over by police to take field sobriety tests. Cameras continue to roll as viewers ride along through the process of interrogation, searches, lockup and the attempt to post bail. Each case shares the full story, from arrest to sentencing, revealing the harsh personal reality for the drivers and their families along the way.
The first six episodes were shot in Pontotoc, Cleveland, Sequoyah, Tulsa and Oklahoma counties.
D.U.I. is produced for TLC by Mike Mathis Productions, Inc.

I wonder how many of those people arrested will be subpoenaing the raw footage?  If it's like most police "reality" shows, the participating department has say as to what gets cut from air.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 02:42:42 pm »

(Los Angeles, CA) – TLC takes a raw, first-hand look at the consequences of drivers under the influence with the new series D.U.I., premiering on Thursday, December 1 at 9 PM ET/PT. The action unfolds as law enforcement works to prevent drivers from risking their lives and the lives of others. The network has ordered 12 episodes with six premiering in December and an additional six currently scheduled to air in 2012.
D.U.I. brings viewers on a journey behind the wheel with some of Oklahoma’s most dangerous drivers as they are pulled over by police to take field sobriety tests. Cameras continue to roll as viewers ride along through the process of interrogation, searches, lockup and the attempt to post bail. Each case shares the full story, from arrest to sentencing, revealing the harsh personal reality for the drivers and their families along the way.
The first six episodes were shot in Pontotoc, Cleveland, Sequoyah, Tulsa and Oklahoma counties.
D.U.I. is produced for TLC by Mike Mathis Productions, Inc.

I wonder how many of those people arrested will be subpoenaing the raw footage?  If it's like most police "reality" shows, the participating department has say as to what gets cut from air.

Well that would be one way to get your own reality TV moment.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 05:15:51 pm »

Is Yuengling any good?  I've never tried any.  Where did you bring it back from?

Alabama. One of my clients is there, so I'm down that way at least yearly.

It's great for a cheap beer. I'd rather have Marshall's, obviously, but it's less than half the price. I might be able to get some "samples" over Christmas if you're interested in trying it. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 07:01:17 pm »

Alabama. One of my clients is there, so I'm down that way at least yearly.

It's great for a cheap beer. I'd rather have Marshall's, obviously, but it's less than half the price. I might be able to get some "samples" over Christmas if you're interested in trying it. Wink

"Great for a cheap beer",  I guess I'll pass for now.  Thanks anyway.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 07:21:40 pm »

"Great for a cheap beer",  I guess I'll pass for now.  Thanks anyway.

Realistically, I'd put it on par with the better mass-brewed beers. Blue Moon, for example. Or Killian's from a tap. Good, but not great. Not like effin' Budweiser. Wink

Some of them are actually rather tasty on tap. Bottles are bottles, of course. (BTW, never drink Killian's from a bottle. Ever. Just. Do. Not.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:24:40 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 07:24:23 pm »

Realistically, I'd put it on par with the better mass-brewed beers. Blue Moon, for example. Good, but not great. Not like effin' Budweiser. Wink

Agreed.  when I go to Buffalo Wild Wing, it's the only thing I can stomach.  I'm constantly harassing the manager at the BA store about talking to Eric to get Marshall's in house.

On a semi-related note, went to Andolini's last Friday (Owasso, not Cherry Street) and had their Chicken Parmigiana.  Best I've ever eaten.  And having it with a Sundown Wheat made it even better.  And the Garlic Knots...I wanted to put some in my pocket and take home.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 09:27:17 pm »

Agreed.  when I go to Buffalo Wild Wing, it's the only thing I can stomach.  I'm constantly harassing the manager at the BA store about talking to Eric to get Marshall's in house.

On a semi-related note, went to Andolini's last Friday (Owasso, not Cherry Street) and had their Chicken Parmigiana.  Best I've ever eaten.  And having it with a Sundown Wheat made it even better.  And the Garlic Knots...I wanted to put some in my pocket and take home.

Okay to continue the thread drift, I would eat the garlic knots from Umberto's off a re-treaded set of Firestone Suburbanite studded snow tires.  Yeah, they are that good.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2011, 02:00:03 pm »

Last call on the Yuengling offer. I have to decide on my route home and it could involve a beer stop. Wink

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2011, 12:04:24 pm »

Has this show aired ? I can't find it on my DVR search.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dbacks fan
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2011, 01:25:42 pm »

I caught a couple of episodes and if you think people have an outlook as to OK being a bunch of drug using alcohol drinking rednecks, well tis show does it's best to reinforce that.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2011, 01:32:46 pm »

Last call on the Yuengling offer. I have to decide on my route home and it could involve a beer stop. Wink

If it's not too late, bring me some.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2011, 02:05:42 pm »

I caught a couple of episodes and if you think people have an outlook as to OK being a bunch of drug using alcohol drinking rednecks, well tis show does it's best to reinforce that.

Well, that's a surprise.  Roll Eyes
People must want to be on television really bad to consent to that, but when you look at who it is...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Mommamt
Citizen

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 09:35:07 pm »

Enough of the reality tv.  It's too much!
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 10:15:57 pm »

If it's not too late, bring me some.

Somehow I missed the request (probably too much holiday drinking), but I will file it away for next time. I'll have a few days in Florida in June and supposedly another trip to Alabama sometime this year, which usually means the hot as hell part of the year.  Cry

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org