A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 09:23:53 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma drops to 48th in annual health ranking  (Read 17480 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »

Brad Henry had the Oklahoma economy in shambles. Oklahoma had 7% & 8% unemployment (as did Tulsa)  under Brad Henry. Fallin gave us 5% unemployment.

So the Governor of a state gets all the credit and blame for unemployment? How simple of you.

And by the way, you information is incorrect and misleading.

Under Governor Henry, the unemployment rate ranged from 3.7% when he took office, to 6% two years in, to 3.8% at the start of 2008 to 7.6% when he left office.

Under Governor Fallin, unemployment went up to 7.8% then dropped to 4.4% this summer, then has risen to 4.6% currently.

http://www.deptofnumbers.com/unemployment/oklahoma/

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 02:20:36 pm »

So the Governor of a state gets all the credit and blame for unemployment?

You should know by now that Republican Governors/Presidents get credit for low unemployment and Democratic Governors/Presidents get blamed for high unemployment.   Grin

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 02:55:21 pm »

So the Governor of a state gets all the credit and blame for unemployment? How simple of you.

And by the way, you information is incorrect and misleading.

Under Governor Henry, the unemployment rate ranged from 3.7% when he took office, to 6% two years in, to 3.8% at the start of 2008 to 7.6% when he left office.

Under Governor Fallin, unemployment went up to 7.8% then dropped to 4.4% this summer, then has risen to 4.6% currently.

http://www.deptofnumbers.com/unemployment/oklahoma/
Yes but unlike Henry- Today Gov. Fallin has to fight against the federal government & Obama, Henry didn't have the long term effects of Obama - and the disaster Obama's policies do to the national economy. If we had someone like Romney or some conservative in the whitehouse since 2009  we'd be sitting pritty now. Gasoline will be cheap at around $1.50 a gallon and we'd have 3% unemployment in Oklahoma. Fallin is doing a super great job when you understand what she is fighting against. If Henry was in power today there is no doubt Oklahoma will be suffering under 8%-9% unemployment like some of our neighbor states have. Fallin is doing all the right moves, she still  wants to slash Oklahoma's income tax, and that means more spending money for the residents and a stronger economy for the state as demand for goods increases resulting in more jobs and more jobs means more people have spending money and are paying taxes everything grows. It's a cycle of growth and a strong economy. State income grows and people's income grows. Economics 101!

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 03:00:24 pm »

Yes but unlike Henry- Today Gov. Fallin has to fight against the federal government & Obama, Henry didn't have the long term effects of Obama - and the disaster Obama's policies do to the national economy. If we had someone like Romney or some conservative in the whitehouse since 2009  we'd be sitting pritty now. Gasoline will be cheap at around $1.50 a gallon and we'd have 3% unemployment in Oklahoma. Fallin is doing a super great job when you understand what she is fighting against. If Henry was in power today there is no doubt Oklahoma will be suffering under 8%-9% unemployment like some of our neighbor states have. Fallin is doing all the right moves, she still  wants to slash Oklahoma's income tax, and that means more spending money for the residents and a stronger economy for the state as demand for goods increases resulting in more jobs and more jobs means more people have spending money and are paying taxes everything grows. It's a cycle of growth and a strong economy. State income grows and people's income grows. Economics 101!

Long low whistle time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 03:02:31 pm »

I've run all out of facepalm images for you...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 03:08:13 pm »

I've run all out of facepalm images for you...

At least she's hot.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 04:03:00 pm »

If we had someone like Romney or some conservative in the whitehouse since 2009  we'd be sitting pritty now. Gasoline will be cheap at around $1.50 a gallon and we'd have 3% unemployment in Oklahoma.

Does sitting "pritty" allow you to pull numbers out of your a$$?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 05:03:25 pm »

You have no idea what is in Economics 101
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 05:32:13 pm »

You have no idea what is in Economics 101

I don' think he understands the word 'Economics'.  Probably can't count to 101 either.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 06:20:33 pm »

Does sitting "pritty" allow you to pull numbers out of your a$$?

Not being able to spell allows him to claim anything as a "typo". 

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 09:27:13 am »

BTW, I never saw a "Econ 101" class. It was Econ 10. But you do share one characteristic, Sauer, with anyone who took it or Intro to Psych. Those students instantly became experts on all things economic and psych related. It took four more years to understand how stupid you sounded as a neophyte student. Fortunately for you, it may never happen.

onward...through the fog
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 10:42:23 am »

It's not rocket science- raising taxes chokes the economy and kills jobs. Raising taxes in a recession is even worse such as  what the doofus in the whitehouse is doing, he's choking the job makers, the very people who grow the economy... Mary Fallin knows cutting taxes makes more jobs, and cutting taxes grows the economy. Tax cuts also draw in more companies to the state and that expands the state's tax base. Fallin needs to totally get rid of Oklahoma's state income tax and maybe she can do it this time with republicans in the state house. Tax cuts are the key to a strong healthy economy.

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 10:47:31 am »

Not being able to spell allows him to claim anything as a "typo". 
It would be just super if you can stay on topic and not comment about a poster. Please tell me what is incorrect about what I said. Raising taxes in a recession chokes the economy and kills jobs-- Cutting taxes grows the economy and makes jobs, giving people more money to spend too. Obama is destroying our economy and job market by raising taxes in a recession. The problem is too much gov't spending. Mary Fallin is on the right track!

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 10:48:45 am »

Tax cuts are the key to a strong healthy economy.

I did not realize it was so simple. We should then have zero taxes and then everything will be just peachy.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 10:58:03 am »

It would be just super if you can stay on topic and not comment about a poster. Please tell me what is incorrect about what I said. Raising taxes in a recession chokes the economy and kills jobs-- Cutting taxes grows the economy and makes jobs, giving people more money to spend too. Obama is destroying our economy and job market by raising taxes in a recession. The problem is too much gov't spending. Mary Fallin is on the right track!

Did you read the subject heading before you wrote this?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org