A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:26:02 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Theater Tulsa is moving  (Read 6259 times)
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« on: March 22, 2012, 08:30:26 pm »

So I just got an interesting invite on Facebook.  Apparently theater Tulsa has been givien a notice to move out by sharp (he's moving them to another location).  I'm betting he's got a new client on the hook for restaurant/bar/retail client.  It will be interesting to see the Brady go from a strip to a district that turns a corner.  Man the next 2 years are going to be so freakin cool.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 08:33:29 pm »

Hopefully, many more years than just the next two.

Even the peeps from Chokeshity realize that the Brady will be organic compared to Hicktown. Wink
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 08:36:11 pm »

Where is Theater Tulsa now?  Tried to find the location on the website and couldn't find it.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:07:35 pm »

Theater Tulsa is on North main just north of Brady tavern.

Yeah the next 10 are going to be wicked awesome as the kids from Boston would say.  The next tow will be the time when the tipping point will be reached in development and mainstream tulsans will realize that it's not a pipe dream or "just won't work in Tulsa".  I'm 'cited!

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 02:57:44 am »

They didn't move too far from their previous location. Their new location is only a couple of blocks to the south and the west, in a white warehouse.

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 08:56:52 am »

Wonder if he’s moving the Hansons out of their space as well.  Any idea Jacobi?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 10:00:28 am »

I haven't heard anything about the hansons.  Well find out soon enough I guess.  My guess would be no, since those guys sank so much into the space.

TheLofts@120
Activist

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 12:43:04 pm »

Hello all.
Yes, after many years, we are re-locating Theater Tulsa to what we call teh Cheyenne Warehouse, just North of the tracks on the West side of Cheyenne Ave.  We are currently looking at best-uses for the almost 7,000sf space that used to be TT's home.  That location is just North of The Tavern at 205-207 N Main.  The building is two-stories.  Eventually, it is our goal to redevelop the upstairs into residential, but with the growing need for retail space in the Brady to support the growing interest, we are going to focus on the first floor for now.

We are working on a concept that will create a retail emporium of sorts within the space.  Having common area bathrooms and providing spaces along the lines of 400sf and up.  The idea is to encourage smaller retailers to come to the Brady Arts & Entertainment Disitrcit that otherwise could not afford a larger space (that is more common).  This seems to have worked well along Boston, in the Deco District, with the pop-up shop concept over the holidays and we believe it can work here.

s this idea develops more,  will keep you informed.  Of course, if anyone has any interest in such space, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks

Will Wilkins

TheLofts@120
Activist

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 12:44:07 pm »

BTW...David Sharp does not own the building occupied by the Hansons.  I beleive they have long term plans to stay in the area and they are a great addition to the fabric as a whole in Brady.

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 12:58:54 pm »

Yes, after many years, we are re-locating Theater Tulsa to what we call teh Cheyenne Warehouse, just North of the tracks on the West side of Cheyenne Ave.

With all the extra space that TT is going to have in that warehouse, are they going to develope their own theater space?

We are working on a concept that will create a retail emporium of sorts within the space.  Having common area bathrooms and providing spaces along the lines of 400sf and up.  The idea is to encourage smaller retailers to come to the Brady Arts & Entertainment Disitrcit that otherwise could not afford a larger space (that is more common).  This seems to have worked well along Boston, in the Deco District, with the pop-up shop concept over the holidays and we believe it can work here.

Woot!  Very exciting. 

BTW...David Sharp does not own the building occupied by the Hansons.  I beleive they have long term plans to stay in the area and they are a great addition to the fabric as a whole in Brady.

When I went by there yesterday, I figured as much.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 04:46:24 pm »

Lots of good news today for the Brady District! 

Also, this is the first I'm hearing of the Hansons.  It sounds like they own a building in the Brady District?  Did they develop a fancy living space or something?  Could someone kindly fill me in?
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 04:49:40 pm »

Also, this is the first I'm hearing of the Hansons.  It sounds like they own a building in the Brady District?  Did they develop a fancy living space or something?  Could someone kindly fill me in?

They refurbished a space (Just north of theater tulsa and brady tavern).  It's not a living space, just their offices and studio.
-

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 03:05:45 pm »

They refurbished a space (Just north of theater tulsa and brady tavern).  It's not a living space, just their offices and studio.
-

3CG, isn’t it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 04:59:00 pm »

Tim to go work out before existentialism.

Yeah, 3CG is Three car garage, their record label.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 07:57:04 pm »

Yeah, 3CG is Three car garage, their record label.

Also alternately attributed to “Three Crazy Guys”.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org