A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:25:07 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The old Marquee space in Brady  (Read 1873 times)
TheLofts@120
Activist

« on: March 25, 2012, 12:50:25 pm »

I am happy to announce that we have a new tenant for the location that used to be The Marquee at 222 N Main.  This tenant brings with them, diverse experience in the live music, entertainment, bar and food sevice industry.  They are currently remodeling the space and will open as a live music venue similar to Stubbs in Austin and The Beaumont in Kansas City. 

It is our goal to bring more of what the Brady District has been known for in the way of live entertainment, from the days of the Bowery and the continued presence of the Cains and Brady Theater.  These smaller venues will fill some of the niches left for smaller local, regional and national acts.

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 01:03:50 pm »

I didn't know that they had gone under.  Oh well, where will the 38 year old goth kids wearing nothing but electrical tape go now if they want to drink cocktails that look like blood and talk about The Crow?

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 09:38:40 am »

Interesting. I had heard The Marquee was being replaced by offices to make the living quarters around it more bearable. I'm not going to complain about a new music venue. And, I love Stubb's in Austin.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 10:30:35 am »

Best under used music venue in the Brady....a good room..... GKFF control the space? Mathews bolt?
I am happy to announce that we have a new tenant for the location that used to be The Marquee at 222 N Main.  This tenant brings with them, diverse experience in the live music, entertainment, bar and food sevice industry.  They are currently remodeling the space and will open as a live music venue similar to Stubbs in Austin and The Beaumont in Kansas City. 

It is our goal to bring more of what the Brady District has been known for in the way of live entertainment, from the days of the Bowery and the continued presence of the Cains and Brady Theater.  These smaller venues will fill some of the niches left for smaller local, regional and national acts.

GOOD NEWS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org