A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:32:27 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ward in Brady  (Read 2414 times)
TheLofts@120
Activist

« on: March 25, 2012, 12:57:19 pm »

Plans are underway to renovate the Ward Building located at 107 N. Boulder (South of Mexcali's and on the NE corner of Archer and Boulder) into a multi-tenant entertainment venue.  At present, we have three interested parties that are looking to occupy the available 14,000sf of space.  One has committed, that will be opening a vodka and tequila bar on the NW corner facing Boulder.  Two other concepts are under lease negotiations and we hope to be able to announce those in the near future.  One of these concepts hopes to bring a more family friendly location to the area during daytime operations.

120 Development is providing the redevelopment services with W3 Real Estate providing the brokering.  We'll let you know as this comes along.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 03:05:23 pm »

I have found it is always best to put the family friendly attractions right next to the vodka and tequila bars.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 03:46:47 pm »

I have found it is always best to put the family friendly attractions right next to the vodka and tequila bars.

Finally RM is getting it. Now, if they could just put an Night Trips nearby.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 04:42:30 pm »

Presumably the "family friendly" business's busy hours will be before 7 and the tequila/vodka bar's busies hours will be later.  Plus, tequila/vodka bar concept sounds somewhat higher class, not college kids slamming shooters.  So I don't see it being a big deal.  I am glad to hear that space is going to be used. 
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 06:51:15 pm »

Presumably the "family friendly" business's busy hours will be before 7 and the tequila/vodka bar's busies hours will be later.  

Not in my family. Our kid's bedtimes and my drinking times vary.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 10:58:56 pm »

Not more boozeries? And how many "entertainment" venues can we stand?

I'm telling you, the baby boomers retiring is the answer. Why is it the downtown Churchianity district has failed to see that the real future is in providing services and retirement villages downtown? Can you imagine if Montreau were in the East End?

There's a limited disposable income in booze and nightclubs. How many will fall out to the new competition? It's referred to as "churning." And to think this generation is spending on this junk rather than saving...

I look forward to POTUS OBAMA ending the war on drugz in his second term and some of these locations turning into dispensary's. Of course, the Prison Industrial Complex will curse Obama, but who doesn't find Blackie black Prez to be frightful?

Meantime, knock yourselves out on lickher.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org