A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 04:40:48 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ikea and Costco in BA?  (Read 65430 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2013, 08:12:43 pm »

Costco, Gander Mountain and Container Store are among the brands that are actively looking to establish their first locations in the Tulsa area, said Ben Ganzkow of CB Richard Ellis/Oklahoma.

Just gonna leave this here:
http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/city-hopes-retail-incentive-policy-attracts-big-box-stores
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2013, 12:37:44 pm »

I wonder how Dick's is doing?  I love that place, but I have a rather terminal fishing addiction that puts me in there at least once a week (71st store).  I am typically only one of two or three customers in the whole place!

Gander Mountain is very similar, at least from the outdoor sporting aspect.  I'm not sure if the demand exists??

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2013, 01:04:13 pm »

I wonder how Dick's is doing? 

They’ve got a lot of stiff competition, so sales can be a bit flaccid after a major rush.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2013, 01:15:15 pm »

They’ve got a lot of stiff competition, so sales can be a bit flaccid after a major rush.

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=downer&play=true

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rebound
City Father

« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2013, 02:48:45 pm »

I wonder how Dick's is doing?  I love that place, but I have a rather terminal fishing addiction that puts me in there at least once a week (71st store).  I am typically only one of two or three customers in the whole place!

Gander Mountain is very similar, at least from the outdoor sporting aspect.  I'm not sure if the demand exists??

I've shopped Dick's a couple of times, and haven't been able to find a reason to go back regularly.  Unless the item is on sale, I can almost always get it for the same or lower price somewhere else.  I also fish a lot, and for common tackle, etc, Academy is generally cheaper.  For things that Academy doesn't handle, I go to Bass Pro.   I've always thought of Gander Mountain as "Bass Pro Light", so not sure how they will fare in this market, either.  Now if a Cabelas were to come in, I think they could give Bass Pro a real run for their money.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2013, 05:02:18 pm »

I went there once - haven't been inspired to go back yet.  Kind of sad, 'cause I like the idea of going there...just haven't been motivated to do it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2013, 11:59:36 am »

I wonder how Dick's is doing? 

I think they took a lot of flack over their position on rifles after the Newtown shooting.   It was more convenient than Academy, but I haven't been back since they took that stance.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2013, 01:03:18 pm »

I think they took a lot of flack over their position on rifles after the Newtown shooting.   It was more convenient than Academy, but I haven't been back since they took that stance.

This?
Dick's Sporting Goods Halts Sale Of Semi-Automatic Rifles, Guns Near Newtown In Wake Of Shooting
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2013, 02:04:53 pm »

I think they took a lot of flack over their position on rifles semi-automatic rifles after the Newtown shooting.   It was more convenient than Academy, but I haven't been back since they took that stance.

FIFY.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2013, 02:08:08 pm »

Dicks
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2013, 02:16:05 pm »

I've shopped Dick's a couple of times, and haven't been able to find a reason to go back regularly.  Unless the item is on sale, I can almost always get it for the same or lower price somewhere else.  I also fish a lot, and for common tackle, etc, Academy is generally cheaper.  For things that Academy doesn't handle, I go to Bass Pro.   I've always thought of Gander Mountain as "Bass Pro Light", so not sure how they will fare in this market, either.  Now if a Cabelas were to come in, I think they could give Bass Pro a real run for their money.

I agree.  The Cabelas brand clothing and shoes are of much higher quality than the cheap RedHead Bass Pro crap!

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2013, 04:39:14 pm »

I agree.  The Cabelas brand clothing and shoes are of much higher quality than the cheap RedHead Bass Pro crap!

Some of the Red Head stuff isn't too bad. At least until recently.

3 years ago I bought some Red Head cargo pants and they have held up great. Bought some last year that already fell apart. Admittedly I wear them while hiking so they do get some rough treatment at times, especially on the Appalachian Trail and in Wyoming, but the older ones still look good and are holding their own.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2013, 08:51:07 am »

The Red Head shoes will destroy your feet.  They are made of Chinese crap.

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2013, 10:25:52 am »

The Red Head shoes will destroy your feet.  They are made of Chinese crap.

I tried some on once. I can't imagine wearing them as a daily driver.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2013, 10:38:52 am »

This is great! Hopefully they will build new ones with giant parking lots instead of going into all of the empty big box stores that are scattered around!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org