A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 06:42:13 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Olbermann Unemployed....Again  (Read 9138 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: March 30, 2012, 04:15:45 pm »

@sslown deeply saddened...

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/03/keith-olbermann-and-current-tv-part-ways.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 04:45:31 pm »

Good news. Spitzer is really good.

Looks like Keith mea culpa's and is negotiating severance pay. He was past due. Burned out. You can only scream at those in the bubble for so long before you give up. I'm getting there... Wink
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 04:50:24 pm »

Good news. Spitzer is really good.

Looks like Keith mea culpa's and is negotiating severance pay. He was past due. Burned out. You can only scream at those in the bubble for so long before you give up. I'm getting there... Wink

He has a history of burning bridges though.  ESPN?  Early on at his stint on Countdown he was a good counter to Fox News and their airheads.  I watched for a while until he became alot like those airheads.  I quit watching him about a year before MSNBC let him go.

He tries too hard to be like Murrow, and his ego is pretty inflated.  He shouldn't have to work the rest of his life with the deals he's negotiated from former employers.

Spitzer isn't bad.  I've taken to watching Ed Schultz here a little, but have all but sworn off pundit TV.  The extremes do us no good, on either side.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 07:15:07 pm »

I've taken to watching Ed Schultz here a little, but have all but sworn off pundit TV.  The extremes do us no good, on either side.

The funny thing is that Lawrence O'Donnell is much louder and much more obnoxious than Olbermann ever managed when he was on MSNBC.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 08:50:14 pm »

I've taken to watching Ed Schultz here a little,

OK but no complaints about Rush L. will be accepted.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 09:02:47 pm »

OK but no complaints about Rush L. will be accepted.

I don't watch or listen to Rush.  It's just universally known he's a tool.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 09:04:36 pm »

I don't watch or listen to Rush.  It's just universally known he's a tool.

As are his equivalents on the left.  FWIW, I don't listen to Rush either.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 09:08:15 pm »

As are his equivalents on the left.  FWIW, I don't listen to Rush either.

And as I've stated before, I've pretty much given up on all the pundits.  I've taken to watching Erin Burnett on CNN to some extent also.  Easier to look at.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 09:13:05 pm »

And as I've stated before, I've pretty much given up on all the pundits.  I've taken to watching Erin Burnett on CNN to some extent also.  Easier to look at.

The sound bites I've heard from Schultz are as bad or worse than Rush.  I wouldn't admit to listening to either.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 09:21:24 pm »

The sound bites I've heard from Schultz are as bad or worse than Rush.  I wouldn't admit to listening to either.

But I did...  Tongue

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 09:22:40 pm »

But I did...  Tongue

Well, don't do that.

Edit:
Listen if you must but whatever else you do, don't admit to it.

Grin
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:25:41 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 10:31:38 pm »

granted I am a noob, but I am wondering if we had a "Beck Unemployed" thread here...you know...when that happen...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 10:47:43 pm »

granted I am a noob, but I am wondering if we had a "Beck Unemployed" thread here...you know...when that happen...

Nope, it stems from Gweeds obsession over liberal pundits that actually challenge the right's domination of that niche on Fox.

He also has a thing for Rachel Maddow.

TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 10:49:58 pm »

Nope, it stems from Gweeds obsession over liberal pundits that actually challenge the right's domination of that niche on Fox.

He also has a thing for Rachel Maddow.

Who?  

cuz I also once had a thing for Maddow...until I realized it was because she looked EXACTLY like some other lesbian that I had already had wild, lesbian-prohibitive sex with.

:idk:
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 10:59:56 pm »

Is it cool that my wife has a crush on her? 

Is it cool to talk about things that would rule me out as a GOP condidate on a thread started by the guy with the racist handle?

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org