A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:23:31 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 91 & Yale Development  (Read 31080 times)
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« on: April 05, 2012, 08:08:00 am »

Saw this, haven't been to one in Houston, but also at the end of the article it mentions KEO is also opening a location in the same shopping center.  I'm happy about both these options. 

Russo's Coal-Fired Italian Kitchen to open Tulsa site in 2013

Russo's Coal-Fired Italian Kitchen will be built northeast of 91st Street and Yale Avenue. Courtesy By KYLE ARNOLD World Staff Writer
Published: 4/5/2012  2:37 AM
Last Modified: 4/5/2012  3:04 AM

A "hot" new Italian-restaurant concept from Houston is headed to Tulsa.

Russo's Coal-Fired Italian Kitchen will start construction soon on a location northeast of the 91st Street and Yale Avenue intersection.

The concept is a version of the Houston-based Russo's New York Pizzeria restaurant, an eatery started in 1978 that has since grown to 28 locations, mostly in Texas.

But there are only five locations for the Russo's Coal-Fired Italian Kitchen, which was started in 2008, and they're all in Texas.

"It's really a New-York Style pizzeria, and we have great Italian entrees," said founder Anthony Russo.

Russo said Russo's Coal-Fired Italian Kitchen is a casual-dining restaurant, serving dishes from Italy such as gnocchi Bolognese, chicken picatta and pasta di mare.

The restaurant will also feature the family's signature pizzas, cooked in a coal-fired oven that gives the crust a crispness and flavor that can't be achieved in traditional ovens, Russo said.

"We use all fresh ingredients, and everything is hand-crafted," he said. "And we import many of our ingredients from Italy, like the olive oil."

During the day, the restaurant will follow a fast, casual counter-service format and switch to table service in the evenings.

Russo said that is a format he has followed since he opened his first pizzeria as a 17-year-old in Houston.

The restaurant will have an open kitchen and use rustic colors to emulate an Italian feel, he said.

At 3,500 square feet, it will be in a stand-alone building at the Tuscana on Yale shopping center. Russo's is expected to open in early spring 2013.

The Tulsa restaurant is part of a growth plan by franchisee Richard Martinez, a partner in the Russo's Coal-Fired restaurant who is planning to open eight additional restaurants in the region, Russo said. The company expects to announce more Oklahoma locations in the coming months.

The new restaurant will be a convenient fit for the Tuscana on Yale development, a high-end shopping center that will include about 33,000 square feet of retail and office space and cost between $9 and $10 million.

The center will also be home to Keo Asian Cuisine, now operating in Brookside, and Whole Foods is building a grocery on the southwest corner of the intersection, also expected in 2013.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=53&articleid=20120405_53_E1_CUTLIN30775

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:56:05 am »

Yum!  That's across the street from me!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:52:00 am »

Too close for comfort.... definitely not hand made quality comfort food. Corporate gruel?

Come on south Teatown....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 10:29:39 am »

Is that clean coal technology they are using? 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 10:32:35 am »

I wonder what is going to go along with the Whole Foods on that SW corner?  Would hate to see that entire site taken up with just that.  Could evolve into a nice area if there is enough put into it. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 10:45:10 am »

Is that clean coal technology they are using? 

No such thing....
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 11:49:38 am »

I wonder what is going to go along with the Whole Foods on that SW corner?  Would hate to see that entire site taken up with just that.  Could evolve into a nice area if there is enough put into it. 

I'm sure there is some other retail, but this will be the Whole Foods standard layout, which is far larger than the store on 41st, and offers additional services.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 12:04:37 pm »

I'm sure there is some other retail, but this will be the Whole Foods standard layout, which is far larger than the store on 41st, and offers additional services.

Have you been to the OKC store?  I like their purpose-built layout a lot.  I do appreciate the adaptation at 41st, but it’s a bit disjointed and crowded.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 12:58:52 pm »

Here is the website for the development.

http://www.tuscanaonyale.com/shopping-center-tulsa-ok.asp

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 01:08:41 pm »

Have you been to the OKC store?  I like their purpose-built layout a lot.  I do appreciate the adaptation at 41st, but it’s a bit disjointed and crowded.

Crowded is an understatement.   

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 01:09:55 pm »

Here is the website for the development.

http://www.tuscanaonyale.com/shopping-center-tulsa-ok.asp

That is without a doubt the best rendering I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Whole Foods is not in that center though, it's on the SW corner.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 01:12:10 pm »

Disjointed works in Tulsa..... Wink
rdj
City Father

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 01:24:10 pm »

That is without a doubt the best rendering I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Whole Foods is not in that center though, it's on the SW corner.

I know.  That is where KEO & the Italian concept mentioned in the opening post will go.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 01:26:07 pm »

I know.  That is where KEO & the Italian concept mentioned in the opening post will go.

Didn't realize that KEO was going in there. 

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 01:48:00 pm »

Why are developers conviced that phoney-baloney tuscan "style" somehow means upscale?  Back in the 90's it was to spell the word 'shops' as 'shoppes'.  "Oh, I'll gladly drop additional money for something as small as a spelling choice." 

I don't mean to troll, It just looks alot like any other suburban development in the last 5-10 years.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org