A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:17:10 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 91 & Yale Development  (Read 31120 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 02:24:11 pm »

Why are developers conviced that phoney-baloney tuscan "style" somehow means upscale?  Back in the 90's it was to spell the word 'shops' as 'shoppes'.  "Oh, I'll gladly drop additional money for something as small as a spelling choice." 

I don't mean to troll, It just looks alot like any other suburban development in the last 5-10 years.

I was just getting ready to unload on that as well.  More Tuscan dreck?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 02:42:59 pm »

I was just getting ready to unload on that as well.  More Tuscan dreck?

Maybe they can call it "The Shoppes at Dryvit"
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 02:44:25 pm »

Maybe they can call it "The Shoppes at Dryvit"

You owe me a new Mac...

That’s some funny smile right there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 03:16:48 pm »

Went to check out the Tuscana's website, scrolled down and saw one of MY photos of downtown. "Oh, they did NOT just steal another of my downtown photos!!!" Oh wait, they did. Cease and desist letter being crafted right now. Dang it.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 10:32:39 am »

Keo signage is up.

The SW corner of the intersection has two structures up so far.

Doesn't take much to make a difference out here in Southy.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 01:17:28 pm »

I can't wait for them to knock down the development on the Southeast side of that intersection and put something more appealing there too!  That intersection is gold demographically!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
davideinstein
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 07:42:34 pm »

I can't wait for them to knock down the development on the Southeast side of that intersection and put something more appealing there too!  That intersection is gold demographically!

No kidding. We considered moving a store at the old Papa John's location but couldn't justify it so we signed up for the Whole Foods development. The last I heard we are looking at late next summer to open up there.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 07:24:17 am »

No kidding. We considered moving a store at the old Papa John's location but couldn't justify it so we signed up for the Whole Foods development. The last I heard we are looking at late next summer to open up there.

There is absolutely no visibility at that Papa Johns location.  It would have been like putting your business down in a hole.  The building is also in poor repare.  You will do extremely well in the Whole Foods development.  Subway has done well across the street and you offer a superior product at about the same price point.

When you run a demographic analysis of that corner, it's the perfect storm.  Middle income condos and apartments to the West, public schools immediately to the West and South, a beautiful blend of $160k-$2million single family all around, and the intersection is the primary feeding artery to the immediate North and to the turnpike.  The lease must be astronomical, but well worth it!

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 01:48:12 pm »

My bank is at that intersection, and I've used that library... main reasons I go there.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 01:50:20 pm »

My bank is at that intersection, and I've used that library... main reasons I go there.

Do you catch the Creek Turnpike there?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 02:09:36 pm »

The intersection is out of the way for me most of the time.  I go there for a specific reason or I don't go.  If I'm heading North, I take Riverside or 75, West - the Creek.  I get my hair cut there and my wife loves a shop called A Perfect Touch.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 03:05:59 pm »

it looked like Sam and Ella's was open when i drove by yesterday?  If not, it's petty close.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 06:41:45 am »

Do you catch the Creek Turnpike there?

Nah
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 08:19:18 am »

The most current DOT 24 hr. traffic count for that intersection (measured just south of 81st in 2008, meeter 919) is 25,676 vehicles a day, 12,000 more than Cherry Street at Peoria, and slightly more than the metered amount just East of the Utica Square area (25,547).

Three years earlier 91st and Yale was measured at 19,299, so it's probably closer to 30,000 now. 

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/aadtcnt/map.aspx?map=Tulsa%20%20County/Tulsa%202&year=2011#counts

It's a numbers game, and the numbers look extremely good for any business that locates at that intersection with good visibility.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 09:14:03 am »

It's a numbers game, and the numbers look extremely good for any business that locates at that intersection with good visibility.

I'm not 100% on this but I think I've seen steps taken beginning the process of widening Yale between 81st and 91st on the hill.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org