A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:38:02 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 91 & Yale Development  (Read 31114 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 09:49:59 am »

That has been the plan for a long time.  It's needed.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 10:56:09 am »

I'm not 100% on this but I think I've seen steps taken beginning the process of widening Yale between 81st and 91st on the hill.

How recently?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 10:58:31 am »

That has been the plan for a long time.  It's needed.

"They" need to get rid of those nasty 30 MPH speed limit signs.  That hill was fun years ago when you could go faster.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 11:31:09 am »

I'm not 100% on this but I think I've seen steps taken beginning the process of widening Yale between 81st and 91st on the hill.

I believe they have moved the phone poles, but that's about it.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 12:10:26 pm »

How recently?

Over the last year.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 12:21:59 pm »

"They" need to get rid of those nasty 30 MPH speed limit signs.  That hill was fun years ago when you could go faster.

81st from Harvard to Mingo was the boss amusement car ride in the 50's and 60's...before traffic and stop signs and seat belts. We'd get onto the floor of the car and the driver would go 90ish and man, was that a ride!

You don't think 4 lanes on 91st from Memorial to Harvard might be the priority here? Guess not, Yale corridor becomes huge when they get the toll road done at 121st crossing the river. Besides, the 5013c at 61st usually get what they want without subsidizing any streets (or entrance/exits or their neighbor's children education)....

Sam and Ella's looks way small to me.

Any more lease signings besides Pappa John's and Yokazuma and Keo's?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 02:17:14 pm »

They were doing some drilling recently to analyze the soil under the roadway, but I don't think that was for widening.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 02:35:49 pm »

They were doing some drilling recently to analyze the soil under the roadway, but I don't think that was for widening.

Hydraulic fracturing?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 02:50:08 pm »

That hill moves a lot.  Apparently their is a big vein of soft clay that runs along that ridge.  Ask anyone who bought a house on signal hill.  Tongue

All of those houses on the top of the hill are working very hard to reach the bottom of the hill.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 02:55:43 pm »

That hill moves a lot.  Apparently their is a big vein of soft clay that runs along that ridge.  Ask anyone who bought a house on signal hill.  Tongue

All of those houses on the top of the hill are working very hard to reach the bottom of the hill.

I grew up in a house near 85th & Toledo.  I'm surprised any of the houses on that street are still on Toledo rather than Sandusky or Richmond now.  As I understand it's worse to the east up in that 'hood.  How's soil movement in the flats near your house?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2012, 03:03:34 pm »

I grew up in a house near 85th & Toledo.  I'm surprised any of the houses on that street are still on Toledo rather than Sandusky or Richmond now.  As I understand it's worse to the east up in that 'hood.  How's soil movement in the flats near your house?

Nowhere to slide to. Cheesy

Before we moved, my wife fell in love with a house up there.  I took her out on one of the outside balconies and said "look at that beautiful valley below, that's where this house wants to be!"  Every one of those has had piers drilled.

Up on the street you used to live on, one of the houses had its driveway completely detach from the house.  They were driving over 2x4s for a while to keep the tires from falling in the crack.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 06:15:40 pm »

They must have been built by constructions companies from California in the mudslide areas.   Cheesy

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 06:20:25 pm »

Every one of those has had piers drilled.

It sounds like eventually they will all be on piers with no dirt.  That is done intentionally on the NC Outer Banks and I believe in the bayous in Louisiana.  It can be a new style in Tulsa.  Probably worth thousands of dollars extra if you are 1st on your block.

tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2012, 01:39:08 pm »

Any more lease signings besides Pappa John's and Yokazuma and Keo's?

Pretty sure I saw what was a Nail Salon signage at on the Keo corner  Smiley  I knew you guys will be thrilled, I'm sure a AT&T or Verizon is coming next!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2012, 01:08:46 pm »

There is some thought about widening Yale hill.

1. Yale Avenue from 81st to 91st streets.

Although widening projects typically are expensive, this one is in a category all of its own. It is projected to cost $30 million.

This two-lane street, which wraps around Signal Hill, is targeted to be six-laned.

Because of the need for more right of way for the project, it is expected that some homes along the street may need to be bought by the city.

"We are going to have to bite the bullet and do this," Engineering Services Department Director Paul Zachary said, adding that it will complete the widening of Yale Avenue from the Creek Turnpike all the way north to Interstate 44.

"Right now, if you look up from the Creek in the morning, you see cars stacking up because of this bottleneck."

Another problem with this stretch of road is that it's slowly sliding off the hill because of erosion, Zachary said. Deep cracks can be seen alongside the street, and telephone poles lean westward.

From savings in the first Fix Our Streets effort, the city is planning to fund measures including retaining walls and piers to stop the slide.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20121214_11_A1_CUTLIN40572&r=6722

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org