A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 10:31:46 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vandever Building  (Read 8469 times)
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« on: July 10, 2012, 11:25:05 am »

Old news but I didn't see it reference anywhere when I did a search on the site.
Mods, please move or delete if there are threads on this.

I decided to look up the Vandever building after going to Teri's for lunch and seeing work going on.

Posted: 8:34 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11, 2011
New living space to be added in downtown Tulsa

(Tulsa, OK) – Downtown Tulsa revitalization gets another shot in the arm.  The Tulsa Development Authority is awarding a total of $3 million in no interest loans to three projects for downtown housing.

The Authority’s Roy Peters says those projects will be in the old Vandever Building on Fifth just west of Boston, the old YMCA Building at Sixth and Denver and the old Bill White Chevrolet facility at Fourth and Elgin.

Peters says money for the ten year loans comes from the third penny sales tax.  He says it is fundamentally an economic development tool and the money, once repaid, is to be used for other economic development projects.

The Snyder family, best known for their revitalization of the old Mayo Hotel, is taking on the Vandever Building and YMCA Building.  The Vandever Building will have 40 apartment units while the YMCA Building will have 82 units.

The Bill White Chevrolet facility will be transformed by another developer.  53 apartment units will be put in it.

Peters says all these apartments will be smaller than most of what has already been added to the downtown area.  He says that will make them more affordable.

This news comes on the heels of two grocery store announcements for downtown Tulsa.  Peters calls this an exciting time for the area.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 11:48:36 am »

One reference: http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=18635.0
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 12:07:26 pm »

Good news that work has started. I wonder if it's started on the YMCA building too?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 12:29:38 pm »

Good news that work has started. I wonder if it's started on the YMCA building too?

I remember hearing that they would start YMCA once the Aloft was complete.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 12:37:04 pm »

I remember hearing that they would start YMCA once the Aloft was complete.

Same here
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 01:57:43 pm »

Glad to hear that work has started! 40 more apartments in the CBD is a great thing.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 05:20:54 pm »

Peters says all these apartments will be smaller than most of what has already been added to the downtown area.  He says that will make them more affordable.

I saw a spot on ABC national news about small apartments/living spaces.   The ones featured were all less than 350 sq ft.  Way too cramped for me but maybe some would like it.

tulsasooner
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 07:56:00 pm »

Anybody know the status on the Vandever building?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 10:11:18 am »

Anybody know the status on the Vandever building?

I was wondering the same when I walked by on Saturday. Doesn't seem to a flurry of activity, or even an indication of activity.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 04:24:43 pm »

There's work going on.
At the very least, they've been doing demo work.
nwp
Tourist

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 12:37:08 pm »

Does anyone have any additional updates on this project? I'm looking for a published plan or anything of that sort. The Tulsa World reported that there have been some legal developments, but I see workers there pretty much every day.
davideinstein
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 01:22:25 pm »

There are workers there every day. I haven't noticed any delay or days without workers there so far.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 06:17:27 pm »

There are workers there every day. I haven't noticed any delay or days without workers there so far.

any fake protesters yet?
jarchie
Tourist

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 07:49:22 am »

The Thompson Building owners filed a lawsuit with the Vandever Building developers over an 80+ year old agreement dealing with who has the right to the alley that the buildings share. The two were supposed to meet at hearing on Monday but it was cancelled due to settlement talks. I know the lawsuit has required them to stop work to some degree but I don't know how much....
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 11:39:21 am »

they can't share the alley? Isn't this the taxpayer's alley?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org