A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:22:35 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OU STOOPS TO NEW LOW  (Read 11364 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 07:23:57 am »

Baloney. His problem was he had a soft spot in his heart head for players who needed a hand up, or a new car or a break from a burglary or rape charge or a steady supply of cocaine. Switzer is the real deal. Bob Stoops
is an over paid public school employee.

Listen up kiddies... this is your brain OFF any sort of reality!

Real deal.... thanks!  I had to chuckle...needed that this morning!

Oh, yeah...I fixed your comment for you while I was enjoying the chuckle.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 07:46:07 am »

Barry was the first to suggest paying college players their worth. Scott Hill was the coke dealer. If you are going to defend Stoopid you need to do a better job of it. What's gone on under Gundy?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 08:10:39 am »

Barry was the first to suggest paying college players their worth. Scott Hill was the coke dealer. If you are going to defend Stoopid you need to do a better job of it. What's gone on under Gundy?

I wasn't defending Stoops.  (Pay attention!!)  I was just making sure you don't get away with defending/promoting/advocating Switzer.

As for Stoops - well, I can now once more, be supportive and a mild fan of OU football!  Finally!  After all the intervening decades between Bud Wilkinson and now!  It is a relief, at long last!  OSU is still my favorite.

Are you one of those "old school" OU fans??  You know...the kind that has never attended school there or even set foot on campus??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 09:46:52 am »

Sooner born, Sooner bred. Did 3 years in Norman. Yes, old school. I miss the cigars and smell of whiskey in the stands. Gave up my season tickets because of tv and Stoops. Still root for them but could really care less.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 11:07:35 am »

I wasn't defending Stoops.  (Pay attention!!)  I was just making sure you don't get away with defending/promoting/advocating Switzer.

As for Stoops - well, I can now once more, be supportive and a mild fan of OU football!  Finally!  After all the intervening decades between Bud Wilkinson and now!  It is a relief, at long last!  OSU is still my favorite.

Are you one of those "old school" OU fans??  You know...the kind that has never attended school there or even set foot on campus??

You know what they say about Sooner fans, right?

OSU fans went to Stillwater, OU fans went to Wal-Mart.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »

Sooner born, Sooner bred. Did 3 years in Norman. Yes, old school. I miss the cigars and smell of whiskey in the stands. Gave up my season tickets because of tv and Stoops. Still root for them but could really care less.

I miss cigars and whiskey, too.  Oh, wait...I still got the whiskey!!

Yeah...well if you are/were a Switzer (spritzer?) supporter, your elastic is all stretched out beyond it's useful limits, and you are totally lost to civilized human society.

GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 08:17:26 pm »

Wow, so losing to a great Kstate team has doomed OU and Bob to the back burner?  

Bo Schembechler was the Coach at Michigan for 20 years.  He had a record of 194-48-5, 13 Big ten titles, 10 rose bowl appearances and a total of 17 bowl games.  He had a record of 5-12 in bowl games... all the while he is a Saint to Michigan football fans.  

The "Ole Ball Coach" who is beloved by Florida fans everywhere had a record of 122-27-1 and was 6-5 in bowl games, had 6 SEC championships and 1 NC.

Bob is blasted everytime he loses, has a record of 141-34, 7-6 in Bowl games, 7 Big 12 Champsionships and is 1-3 in NC games.  Let me say that again.  He has played in 4 and has won 25% of those.  He has lost more National champsionship games then 90% (exagerated, but probably close) of teams have even played.

What is the basis for the Big 12 looking pathetic?  WVU and TCU look pretty good.  Baylor edged out a victory against a team that beat Arkansas and nearly beat Auburn... an Auburn team that just about upset the number 2 team in the nation.  KSU looks good and really don't know what to think about Texas and Tech, quite yet.  There is no guarantees that the all Mighty Alabama is any good this year, they have played a couple cupcake teams (including Arkansas and the ole Blue-- that #8 ranking should not count for strength of schedule).  LSU just about lost to Auburn.  USC who was the choice for #1 in the preseason polls lost to Stanford.  

So TTC, let's wait for a few weeks to see how the Big 12 and SEC compare.  Because the ONLY comparison we have right now is Texas whipping up on Ole Miss.  

I think it is a little early in the season to call K-State "great".   But they do seem to be a very good team.  If they get through the Big-12 undefeated, then I might call them great.    Smiley

Trust but verify
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 08:21:19 pm »

You know what they say about Sooner fans, right?

OSU fans went to Stillwater, OU fans went to Wal-Mart.

I could not agree more.........OSU alumnus,  class of 1974.   Grin

Trust but verify
rdj
City Father

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 08:26:28 pm »

OSU fans went to Stillwater, OU fans went to Wal-Mart and were greeted by oSu grads.

FIFY

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 12:42:35 am »

We put too much emphasis on sports in education....

Time for BS to give back some of his pay?

Told you the guy NEVER wins the big games.... well he won one big game his first year.

If you think Switzer was a problem then you don't have Sooner in your blood.

No more Sooner Magic....sad.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 07:31:53 am »

We put too much emphasis on sports in education....

Time for BS to give back some of his pay?

Told you the guy NEVER wins the big games.... well he won one big game his first year.

If you think Switzer was a problem then you don't have Sooner in your blood.

No more Sooner Magic....sad.

If you don't think Switzer was a problem, then you don't have a brain in your head. 

If Switzer is what it takes to be "Sooner", it would be better to just shut down the team, close the school, clear off the campus land and make another remote parking lot for downtown Tulsa.

Luckily and happily, Boren is more than smart enough not to even think about Switzer in terms of OU football.

3 years in Norman, huh?  Then what?  You FINALLY grew up and went to OSU for an education??  I'm sure that was a relief - at long last - for your parents.  Just guessing here...  based on decades of past observations....

Note to everyone else - I meant what I said earlier about finally being supportive and a mild fan of OU football.  The preceding blast was just for T-towns benefit - he makes it too easy to resist.  Well, mostly anyway...

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 10:18:00 am »

The clown is on the chronic again...He throws a hissy when things don't go his way....He's a juvenile dwarf at best.....

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 02:46:59 pm »

The clown is on the chronic again...He throws a hissy when things don't go his way....He's a juvenile dwarf at best.....

I'm not throwing a hissy, you sucker puncher .
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 04:10:15 pm »

Secret video of @ssclown as a child...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYPvwFgOXE4

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 08:01:31 am »

You don't even need to dress up for Halloween you little cretin....

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org