A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 02:38:11 pm
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Shootings the last six months  (Read 150528 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #345 on: January 16, 2013, 04:24:13 pm »

The president unveils his $500mm plan.

More window dressing like the Clinton assault weapon ban, adding 1000 officers in schools barely scratches the surface.  Nothing but politicking and making people feel like someone is working on the problem.  More false sense of security.

I did like the list of proposals Gaspar listed earlier, however government bureaucracy will have that all SNAFU in no time!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2013, 04:36:10 pm »

More window dressing like the Clinton assault weapon ban, adding 1000 officers in schools barely scratches the surface.  Nothing but politicking and making people feel like someone is working on the problem.  More false sense of security.

I did like the list of proposals Gaspar listed earlier, however government bureaucracy will have that all SNAFU in no time!

Good speech though.  All the bobbles were bobbleing, and the media fell prostrate seconds after, as if he had penned the most amazing, innovative, and brave, executive orders ever conceived by a mortal. Always interesting to watch.   

Can't wait to watch MSNBC at the gym tomorrow morning.  I'm sure that the lives of millions of children will owed to his quick and far-reaching executive response. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2013, 04:38:30 pm »

You do know you favor killing children and wanting the mentally ill to have fully auto weapons with thousand round clips if you oppose Obama; right?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #348 on: January 16, 2013, 04:39:43 pm »

You do know you favor killing children and wanting the mentally ill to have fully auto weapons with thousand round clips if you oppose Obama; right?

I eat babies too.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #349 on: January 16, 2013, 05:04:22 pm »

Wannamacher is whining on 6....but they cut it up to make him seem more than a seedy carny.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #350 on: January 16, 2013, 06:39:56 pm »

Wannamacher is whining on 6....but they cut it up to make him seem more than a seedy carny.

Sharp guy!  But you wouldn't recognize anyone like that....

Very talented mechanical engineer in a previous life.  Haven't talked with him for a long time, so don't know if he still messes with that...I know he makes a ton on the gun show.  Good for him!!  Capitalism at it's best.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #351 on: January 17, 2013, 02:27:33 pm »

Sharp guy!  But you wouldn't recognize anyone like that....

Very talented mechanical engineer in a previous life.  Haven't talked with him for a long time, so don't know if he still messes with that...I know he makes a ton on the gun show.  Good for him!!  Capitalism at it's best.

Maybe he'll hire some folks to help people read and fill out forms.

But I think these shows are seeing their last shot at cashola.

I've been waiting for comment from the comishees.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #352 on: January 17, 2013, 04:34:43 pm »

Was anyone else aware there is an assault weapon ban in Connecticut? 

Golly, how did it fail to keep the Sandy Hook tragedy from happening?

Sandy Hook has prompted a national effort to limit access to assault weapons. Ironically, Connecticut already possesses an assault weapons ban, Section 53-202a defines assault weapons to include “Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol.” Section 53-202c provides, “. . . any person who, within this state, possesses any assault weapon, [with limited exceptions] shall be guilty of a class D felony and shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of which one year may not be suspended or reduced”

In 2005, our state Supreme Court, in Benjamin v. Bailey, rejected a constitutional challenge to the ban, grounded in Article 1, Sec. 15 of our state constitution. Section 15 provides, “every citizen has a right to bears arms in defense of himself and the state.” Opponents of the ban argued that our constitution contained an absolute, unfettered right in the citizenry to bear any type of arms, including the enumerated assault weapons in Section 202a

http://blog.ctnews.com/meehan/2013/01/17/conn-s-assault-weapon-ban/

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #353 on: January 17, 2013, 04:40:35 pm »

Was anyone else aware there is an assault weapon ban in Connecticut? 

Golly, how did it fail to keep the Sandy Hook tragedy from happening?

http://blog.ctnews.com/meehan/2013/01/17/conn-s-assault-weapon-ban/

Thought I read where the gun wasn't purchased in CT.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #354 on: January 17, 2013, 04:45:44 pm »

In preparation for the ban, folks are getting creative.

If you cant' have that 30rnd mag or fixed bayonet any more, why not a chainsaw?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3ljd_hUxCfI[/youtube]

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2013, 06:18:44 pm »

In preparation for the ban, folks are getting creative.

If you cant' have that 30rnd mag or fixed bayonet any more, why not a chainsaw?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3ljd_hUxCfI[/youtube]

An electric chain saw just doesn't sound right.   Cheesy

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #356 on: January 17, 2013, 07:22:19 pm »

Identify the Gun-Control Quote: Obama, Feinstein, or Reagan?
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/12/reagan-obama-feinstein-gun-quiz.html

Heirony, thanks for admitting you lost the debate by comparing gun violence and gun homocides to injuries in the sport of SOCCER.
I didn't think you could top the masterful argument you made comparing assault rifles to BASEBALL BATS.
But you did.
Kudos.

XXXX and OOOO's

RUF   Grin

p.s.  I want all pro-gun toting citizens to come see the new Roughnecks...I also want all gun-control supporting citizens to come see the new Roughnecks.  I highly recommend conservative Republicans come see the new team, as well as liberal Democrats and libertarian hockey fans.  Soccer is a great family sport, so families are always welcome.  However, if you are single... well, there's  http://soccerfandating.com/  We'll also be very civic minded and will have our own local supporters group regularly chanting, "Tulsa till I die, I'm Tulsa till I die...I know I am, I'm sure I am..."  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgAa5AFy4VE  The atmosphere will be like Octoberfest every game-- all hail local brews!... and, of course, Christians who do not imbibe alcoholic beverages will be a highly valued part of our fanbase... I encourage all pro-life catholics to buy season tickets; as well as the pro-choice midtown elite... se habla espanol.....
Did I mention we already have a theme song?... and tradition?...  and nicer hooligans?...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5BystnkpjA  
Now, all we need's an owner.......

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:48:48 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2013, 07:42:59 pm »

Thought I read where the gun wasn't purchased in CT.

But why was it being stored in CT? That was a Class D felony according to their law.

In other words, the ban was not a deterrent to someone bringing in an illegal weapon.  I suspect 30 round mag-equipped AR's are all over California even though they are completely illegal.

If there is a ban on AR type weapons, I suspect there's going to be a huge run on 4" PVC pipe.  Don't expect a lot of them to be turned in.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #358 on: January 17, 2013, 08:10:56 pm »

Willing to be it's not that quick after recent developments.

Not enough he shot an unarmed man, but he tried to destroy his life when he didn't die:  Jurors took less than an hour Wednesday to acquit a man accused of pointing a gun at a Harrah police officer during a traffic stop.
He was accused of running a stop sign at a high rate of speed. Stevenson faced up to 10 years in prison if convicted of the firearm charge.
He was pulled over about 1 a.m. Nov. 19, 2011, in the 5400 block of South Harrah Road.
Stevenson took the stand Wednesday, telling jurors he was unarmed when officer Jason Hall shot him after he exited his pickup at the officer's request.
Stevenson acknowledged having an unloaded handgun in his jacket pocket. He testified that he tried to tell Hall about it three times but the “agitated” officer wouldn't let him finish.
It was when the officer was about to search him that Stevenson said he decided to pull the gun out of his pocket and show the officer because “it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.”
Defense attorney Michael Branch, in his closing argument, said Hall lied about what happened because “he shot an unarmed man.”

The attorney told jurors the lead detective in the case “botched the investigation” and cost Stevenson a chance to properly defend himself in court.
“They did the right thing. He was innocent,” Branch said of the jury. “The truth came out and they judged Mr. Stevenson based on those facts.”
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2013, 08:38:32 am »

p.s.  I want all pro-gun toting citizens to come see the new Roughnecks...I also want all gun-control supporting citizens to come see the new Roughnecks.  I highly recommend conservative Republicans come see the new team, as well as liberal Democrats and libertarian hockey fans.  Soccer is a great family sport, so families are always welcome.  However, if you are single... well, there's  http://soccerfandating.com/  We'll also be very civic minded and will have our own local supporters group regularly chanting, "Tulsa till I die, I'm Tulsa till I die...I know I am, I'm sure I am..."  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgAa5AFy4VE  The atmosphere will be like Octoberfest every game-- all hail local brews!... and, of course, Christians who do not imbibe alcoholic beverages will be a highly valued part of our fanbase... I encourage all pro-life catholics to buy season tickets; as well as the pro-choice midtown elite... se habla espanol.....
Did I mention we already have a theme song?... and tradition?...  and nicer hooligans?...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5BystnkpjA  
Now, all we need's an owner.......

I think the US as a whole has obviously made the choice that soccer is just way too violent, too prone to serious injury and breeds hooliganism as a natural by-product in the fans.  Tens if not hundreds of thousands of fans literally going insane and causing massive damage to facilities and people for decades....over a game.  We do get a little bit of that over football - ignorant drunks mostly - but nowhere near the scale of the international soccer cartel.

But the promoters of this violent activity have taken the tack of starting kids very early in the schools - as young as 3 or 4 year old!  Trying to advocate and create an institutional culture of violence... I think that's what Karl Marx said - inundate them with the propaganda from children to get the desired results.

And in addition - this, as well as other recent events just like it, certainly begs the question as to why subways haven't been outlawed... and not just the sandwich!!

http://news.yahoo.com/police-man-threw-woman-subway-tracks-philly-121028009.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org