A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 12:28:03 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Buying Time  (Read 29235 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 03:55:50 pm »

I was talking with a local cop just before my daughter turned 16. "I'm thinking about a '71 Chrysler New Yorker," I said, "because the whole car probably costs less than the front clip on a Chevy Cavalier. Around here, it seems that whoever has the least to lose has the right of way."

He laughed and said, "And with ten bucks worth of gas, you won't have to worry about her driving out of town, either."

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 04:33:21 pm »

Any openings for surrogate children available?
Taking applications now.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 04:34:45 pm »

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 04:43:52 pm »

Around here, it seems that whoever has the least to lose has the right of way."

Old, big cars have always had the right of way except when there is a rich lady with good insurance.

Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 05:14:19 pm »

I purchased both cars, as my FB friends may know. I will catch hell from the parents in here and ragged on by others for what I got. Let's say economical was not considered.

Like I said...lucky guy!!  (Your kid).  Wish I had a Dad like that!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 05:22:33 pm »

G37 would be nice.  I know a couple people with G35s  (older version of G37).

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 05:32:53 pm »

Mercedes??  Really...??   Kind of cliche', isn't it?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 08:59:28 pm »

That should depend on how fast a model depreciates.  About 10 years ago, my brother was looking for a used Honda CRV.  The ones several years old were only about $3K to $4K off new retail.  He bought new.  This $10K off you mention, is that off MSRP or what you could have actually purchased a new car price.

Actual purchase price. Two retailed for 20ish new, one for 30ish.

If your car happens to also be used by rental car agencies, then you get this kind of price drop.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 11:16:07 pm »

G37 would be nice.  I know a couple people with G35s  (older version of G37).
That there is supposed to be a M56X-Sport. Bigger engine, bigger everything over the G37. And heiron, it is cliche, but the choice was a Jeep Wrangler or this. Not an appreciable price difference, or much of a debate overall.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 11:17:04 pm »

Like I said...lucky guy girl!!  (Your kid).  Wish I had a Dad like that!!

fify.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 06:42:34 am »

If your car happens to also be used by rental car agencies, then you get this kind of price drop.

Most rental fleet cars are not the type of car I would buy for myself.  You can get a bargain though if that's the kind of car you want.  A Navy friend (long ago) got a full size Chevy that served him well.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 07:31:24 am »

fify.

Ooops...sorry...I didn't remember!  Lucky girl!!  Well, that makes better sense now...I can understand the motivation to "baby" the girls - I kind of did the same thing.  Boys gotta be tough and scrabble/scramble for themselves!  (Now THAT is a cliche'....)

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 07:33:07 am »

That there is supposed to be a M56X-Sport. Bigger engine, bigger everything over the G37. And heiron, it is cliche, but the choice was a Jeep Wrangler or this. Not an appreciable price difference, or much of a debate overall.

A Wrangler (Wrongler...) costs the same as a Mercedes??   Geez...what has this world come to...??  Jeep is insane.  

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:40:11 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 02:08:18 pm »

A Wrangler (Wrongler...) costs the same as a Mercedes??   Geez...what has this world come to...??  Jeep is insane.  

It was NOT your typical Wrangler. And there was only a few thousand dollars difference.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 02:29:13 pm »

Most rental fleet cars are not the type of car I would buy for myself.  You can get a bargain though if that's the kind of car you want.  A Navy friend (long ago) got a full size Chevy that served him well.

They have trucks, jeeps, SUVs, sports cars, foreign and domestic. Haven't seen any overpriced rebadged toyotas, honda and nissans, I mean lexus, acura and infinity, though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org