A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 08:26:26 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Despise Tag Agencies  (Read 9910 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: July 26, 2013, 04:46:15 pm »

Just saying.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 05:00:52 pm »

Just saying.

I agree but some more than others.  Which one did you go to?

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 06:01:47 pm »

Aren't tag agencies essentially privatized businesses whose functions are normally performed by state governments? See - privatization works! Now quityerbichn!

(snicker)

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 06:27:55 pm »

Just saying.

Tell me you have already de-funked, sanitized, and taken a shower by now.  They creep me out.  I think I'll just pay the premium for dealing with them over the interwebz anymore.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 06:34:18 pm »

Tell me you have already de-funked, sanitized, and taken a shower by now.  They creep me out.  I think I'll just pay the premium for dealing with them over the interwebz anymore.

Went to three different offices to register recent car purchases (Bixby, Bixby Central, and Barnes) and lines backed out to the door. I STILL haven't been taken care of. Along with this state's stupid liquor laws, this is a sucky system.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 06:44:59 pm »

I used to drive out to the one on Charles Page and 65th W. Ave.

There was never anyone there.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 07:03:02 pm »

The one on 65th and Garnett always was good to me.

There is also one on West 21st almost out to Chandler Park that is never that busy.

Just got my dealer title today for my new car.  So I'll be doing the same thing soon.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 08:15:23 pm »

Went to three different offices to register recent car purchases (Bixby, Bixby Central, and Barnes) and lines backed out to the door. I STILL haven't been taken care of. Along with this state's stupid liquor laws, this is a sucky system.

A more sucky system was Pennsylvania in 1971.  I bought a car from a person (not a car dealer, etc).  My choices for a tag were to mail the info to Harrisburg or pay a courier to take the stuff to Harrisburg.  It took about a week to get a tag so I could drive it.  Tags stayed with the owner, not the car like in OK.  The previous owner let me drive the car home and then I had to take the tag back to them in a different, tagged, car.  I parked it in a neighbor's driveway with the front of the car pointed to the street so it wasn't obvious that it wasn't tagged. However, the tag was inexpensive compared to when we moved to OK later that year.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 08:17:01 pm »

I used to drive out to the one on Charles Page and 65th W. Ave.
There was never anyone there.

No big surprise with that.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 08:20:09 pm »

Anyone else remember when everybody's tag renewed in (I think) January.  It was impossible to find anything less than an hour long line.  Yuck!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 08:27:17 pm »

Just got my dealer title today for my new car.  So I'll be doing the same thing soon.

You may have said earlier but I missed it.  What did you get?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 09:06:26 pm »

You may have said earlier but I missed it.  What did you get?

2013 Dodge Avenger R/T.  Pretty much same as my last car, but more options and 5 years newer.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 09:13:37 pm »

2013 Dodge Avenger R/T.  Pretty much same as my last car, but more options and 5 years newer.

Looks nice. No reason to change brand/model if you liked your old one.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 10:12:26 pm »

Looks nice. No reason to change brand/model if you liked your old one.

I did like it.  I also took good enough care of the old one that I got a good trade value on it.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 10:54:31 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KnvrBmhUmE

Thought of this bit after getting one for a family member.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:59:48 pm by guido911 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org