A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 07:12:13 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Passenger Rail Set To Connect OKC, Tulsa  (Read 120138 times)
RDW
Citizen

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2014, 06:41:51 pm »

Artist,  sorry, but I don't have any flyers.  But, I bet if you go to easternflyer.com and use their "contact" link, they'd be happy to help you out.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2014, 08:47:00 pm »

Artist,  sorry, but I don't have any flyers.  But, I bet if you go to easternflyer.com and use their "contact" link, they'd be happy to help you out.

I saw in the TW that about 700 have signed up so far for the excursions.  Wow!  And Congratulations.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/transportation/interest-in-tulsa-okc-passenger-rail-heightens-again/article_f393140d-fca5-5b37-8c35-1173f0175e9f.html

Some 700 tickets sold already for Eastern Flyer
Organizers of the Eastern Flyer, the promotional rail service from Sapulpa to Oklahoma City, reported on Friday afternoon more than 700 tickets sold in its first week of sales.
The rail service, which operates on the Stillwater Central Railroad in conjunction with the Iowa Pacific, has promotional trains scheduled for Feb. 9, 15 and 23.
The Feb. 15 train has sold out tickets for standard class and standard with first-class dining service. Tickets for all classes on the other two trains remain as of Friday afternoon.
Tickets range from $69.75 to $271.50.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 08:54:55 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

RDW
Citizen

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2014, 09:08:06 pm »

The latest unofficial figure I have is 870 of 900 tickets sold.  In one week, with no formal ad campaign.  Just some news items and social media.  Pretty impressive.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2014, 09:25:22 am »

Very impressive.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2014, 09:02:55 am »

The latest unofficial figure I have is 870 of 900 tickets sold.  In one week, with no formal ad campaign.  Just some news items and social media.  Pretty impressive.

Wow!
Impressive! Guess I was wrong on how this thing would go  Grin
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2014, 10:43:34 am »

Count me as surprised. Never expected that large of a response.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2014, 12:29:29 pm »

I'd ride it once as a curiosity with the kids, but I doubt it would become a routine mode of travel to OKC.  I'd view it more as an attraction than transportation. I hope they can sustain those numbers.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2014, 11:30:13 am »

Sold Out

Shows what we know.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/transportation/eastern-flyer-train-from-sapulpa-to-oklahoma-city-sells-out/article_9948617a-794d-11e3-b906-001a4bcf6878.html
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2014, 12:20:51 pm »

Shows what we know.

I had a good feeling about this from the beginning. It ain't for everybody, but it is great for others.

Thanks to rdw and the others.

Power is nothing till you use it.
RDW
Citizen

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2014, 02:38:34 pm »

Some new info. 

In 1998, BNSF owned the line from downtown Tulsa to OKC.  They sold Sapulpa -OKC to the state.  Since then, ODOT has been telling the public that, since BNSF retained ownership from Sapulpa - downtown Tulsa, we would have to negotiate with BNSF for access from Sapulpa - downtown and they could refuse access if they want.  According to ODOT, that was the hold up to passenger rail.

I recently read the 1998 purchase contract between BNSF and ODOT.  It specifically says that BNSF grants access for 99 years to ODOT or any of ODOT's licensees to run up to 4 round trips per day on its line from Sapulpa - downtown Tulsa, and sets out the pricing structure.

In other words ODOT has been misrepresenting the facts to the public for 15 years.  We could have service into downtown Tulsa today.

Wonder why ODOT would do that?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2014, 03:02:12 pm »

Some new info. 

In 1998, BNSF owned the line from downtown Tulsa to OKC.  They sold Sapulpa -OKC to the state.  Since then, ODOT has been telling the public that, since BNSF retained ownership from Sapulpa - downtown Tulsa, we would have to negotiate with BNSF for access from Sapulpa - downtown and they could refuse access if they want.  According to ODOT, that was the hold up to passenger rail.

I recently read the 1998 purchase contract between BNSF and ODOT.  It specifically says that BNSF grants access for 99 years to ODOT or any of ODOT's licensees to run up to 4 round trips per day on its line from Sapulpa - downtown Tulsa, and sets out the pricing structure.

In other words ODOT has been misrepresenting the facts to the public for 15 years.  We could have service into downtown Tulsa today.

Wonder why ODOT would do that?

Maybe they don’t have a sharp attorney who knows how to read a contract.  Wink

Thank you for your research and hard work on this, Rick.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2014, 04:59:01 pm »

Boy thats interesting.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2014, 01:34:33 am »

ODOT lied?

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2014, 09:03:41 am »

ODOT lied?

Gosh, what could their motivation possibly be?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2014, 01:29:08 pm »

Gosh, what could their motivation possibly be?

As I have paid more attention to the subject of transit I have learned that there are quite a number of interests arrayed against transit and TOD.  Many Republicans, and far right religious people, especially ones in Oklahoma, are against it (the black helicopter crowd think its an evil plot to rob Americans of their freedom, aka the automobile, and trap us all in high-rise cities).  The oil, auto, gas station, asphalt, etc. industries are against it. Even some in the healthcare industry are against it (there is a lot of money to be made in an unhealthy populace, and after talking to some folks in Detroit they point out that believe it or not there is money to be made in a dying city by certain interests.).  And to be fair there are good people who have other concerns and simply believe there are higher priorities elsewhere.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org