A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 10:09:29 pm
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shotgun Sams  (Read 195837 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #330 on: November 01, 2015, 04:19:40 pm »

I don't remember any comments about the original owner, just the guy who took the concept and ran it into the ground recently.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #331 on: November 01, 2015, 05:27:24 pm »

I think most if not all of the members here have good memories of the original Shotgun Sam's as we grew up with it and most understand that when it closed it was at a time that the pizza place had and was changing in the marketplace.

The criticism came with the reintroduction of Sam's and the poor management and operation of the store.  I don't think most here knew that a member here was related to the ownership  of the reincarnation of Shotgun Sam's if that is actually the case.

The bad views of the new Shotgun was not limited to this site. It was spread all over the Web as to how poorly it was run.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #332 on: November 01, 2015, 09:02:12 pm »

I don't think most here knew that a member here was related to the ownership  of the reincarnation of Shotgun Sam's if that is actually the case.

Reading back through, Bob seemed to share the general criticisms.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #333 on: November 01, 2015, 09:49:49 pm »

Well that was an odd side-swipe visit from a never-before-poster who apparently did not bother to read the thread thoroughly before inserting foot in mouth.

There wasn’t any hate in the thread for the “origional” Shotgun Sam’s, only comments that you can’t resurrect a brand that’s been dead for 30 years and not compete with a ghost.

And yes, Jim Rice, the fellow who resurrected and ran SS into the ground in a matter of 90 days is the same Jim Rice who wants to be our next Sheriff and he was Dolfan Bob’s brother.  Ostensibly the older brother was not close with the rest of the family, though I cannot imagine why.  Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #334 on: November 02, 2015, 09:14:32 am »

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #335 on: November 02, 2015, 09:36:18 am »

first of all, I am the daughter of the ORIGIONAL founding owner of Shotgun Sam's. I have just recently heard about Tulsa Now. It saddens me to read all these slanderous comments about my fathers business. I realize that some people have nothing else to do with their time but to spread hate and discontent. It's really funny to me to read all this trash talk about why Shotgun Sam's originally went out of business, When none of you have a clue. I'm not quite sure the connection to all this and Mr. Rice however it's all a little silly and very inconsiderate to my family. We have learned that it appears this Dolphin Bob guy was Mr. Rices brother. Who has recently passed away from a heart attack. We are praying for the Rice family and any Children Mr. Dolphin Bob might have have. However we realize that family's have their own personal differences, however it has nothing to do with our family business's, and we really we appreciate to be left out of your blogs and hateful comments. Thank you for your understanding.

You are extremely confused......Find your false outrage elsewhere.....

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #336 on: November 02, 2015, 10:56:59 am »

DolfanBob last logged in on October 27th. Any reason to believe he's tuna?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #337 on: November 02, 2015, 10:51:26 pm »

DolfanBob last logged in on October 27th. Any reason to believe he's tuna?

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21168.0
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #338 on: November 03, 2015, 11:30:26 am »

first of all, I am the daughter of the ORIGIONAL founding owner of Shotgun Sam's. I have just recently heard about Tulsa Now. It saddens me to read all these slanderous comments about my fathers business. I realize that some people have nothing else to do with their time but to spread hate and discontent. It's really funny to me to read all this trash talk about why Shotgun Sam's originally went out of business, When none of you have a clue. I'm not quite sure the connection to all this and Mr. Rice however it's all a little silly and very inconsiderate to my family. We have learned that it appears this Dolphin Bob guy was Mr. Rices brother. Who has recently passed away from a heart attack. We are praying for the Rice family and any Children Mr. Dolphin Bob might have have. However we realize that family's have their own personal differences, however it has nothing to do with our family business's, and we really we appreciate to be left out of your blogs and hateful comments. Thank you for your understanding.

Whew!!  Where to start...  Ok, daughter of the ORIGIONAL founding owner... nobody hear has slandered your father's business.  I personally have missed Shotgun Sam's for a long time - first started going there when I was in high school in the 60's, living just under a mile from the place!   Would love to see it re-opened as it was then!  Don't s'pose you are looking for a career change...??  Getting into the pizza business...?

ALL the trash talk has been about the guy who created this "Frankenfurter" catastrophe of a wanna-be clone down in south Tulsa.

Dolfan Bob was the brother of that clown.  He and I had many private conversations about that family dynamic and it was at the very least 'strained'.

You're family - specifically as it relates to Shotgun Sam's - is not likely to be left out of discussions/blogs/whatever when reminiscing about the good old days.  But it won't be hateful - at least I don't remember hearing any 'hateful' about the place - it will in my case and all my friends and ex-high school classmates always be with fondness and a nice nostalgic feeling of missing the place!

Don't know if you will be back to read this, Pink, but I hope you do and just know that if the family were to open Shotgun Sam's again, I will be there the first week of business just to see if you can bring back the goodness that your Dad created !!   I know I miss it....

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:32:34 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Badger
Citizen

« Reply #339 on: November 16, 2015, 10:56:45 am »

Ha!!  I love the fact that this alleged daughter of the "ORIGIONAL (sic) founding owner of Shotgun Sam's" couldn't even be bothered to include her father's name.  I'd offer the names of the two original owners here, but I don't want her to come back and see my comment as a "multiple choice" opportunity.

In any case, it looks like that mini-rant was the work of a clueless troll.  I seem to remember one of the (much more believable) daughters of one of the owners posting on Facebook during the four months that the "new" Shotgun Sam's was around, and she seemed to fall right in line with everyone else regarding how poorly Jim Rice was managing it.

If "Pink Panther" decides to come back here and get all riled up because we're bashing on Jim Rice, she's welcome to clarify as what has been posted about him that has been "slanderous."  She might need to grab a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word first, but maybe she'll get around to it.  Reading is fundamental!

And, yes, the same Jimmy Rice is now running for Sheriff of Tulsa County.  I thought he'd posted that his doctor told him that he shouldn't run any more businesses in which he would need to manage employees... so, it would stand to reason that "sheriff" would be a perfect job for him.

The website for the campaign offers plenty of comedy fodder as well... have at it.

"For the truly compelling answers to life's problems, look in the mirror."
http://www.jimricefortulsacountysheriff.com/
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #340 on: November 16, 2015, 11:23:11 am »

Ha!!  I love the fact that this alleged daughter of the "ORIGIONAL (sic) founding owner of Shotgun Sam's" couldn't even be bothered to include her father's name.  I'd offer the names of the two original owners here, but I don't want her to come back and see my comment as a "multiple choice" opportunity.

In any case, it looks like that mini-rant was the work of a clueless troll.  I seem to remember one of the (much more believable) daughters of one of the owners posting on Facebook during the four months that the "new" Shotgun Sam's was around, and she seemed to fall right in line with everyone else regarding how poorly Jim Rice was managing it.

If "Pink Panther" decides to come back here and get all riled up because we're bashing on Jim Rice, she's welcome to clarify as what has been posted about him that has been "slanderous."  She might need to grab a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word first, but maybe she'll get around to it.  Reading is fundamental!

And, yes, the same Jimmy Rice is now running for Sheriff of Tulsa County.  I thought he'd posted that his doctor told him that he shouldn't run any more businesses in which he would need to manage employees... so, it would stand to reason that "sheriff" would be a perfect job for him.

The website for the campaign offers plenty of comedy fodder as well... have at it.

"For the truly compelling answers to life's problems, look in the mirror."
http://www.jimricefortulsacountysheriff.com/

If you're going to list that you were the Chief of Police for a town, you might want to know how to properly spell it.  That usually helps.  It's Oologah, not Ooligah.

http://www.jimricefortulsacountysheriff.com/about-us.html

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #341 on: November 16, 2015, 12:28:33 pm »

If you're going to list that you were the Chief of Police for a town, you might want to know how to properly spell it.  That usually helps.  It's Oologah, not Ooligah.

http://www.jimricefortulsacountysheriff.com/about-us.html

When you see me around the Tulsa County Fair, at church, or even pounding the pavement come up and say "Hi!"  I am just like you,

I consider that an insult
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #342 on: November 16, 2015, 12:48:23 pm »

It appears that when business at Shotgun Sam's slowed down to keep food on the table he ate the inventory.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #343 on: November 16, 2015, 02:21:38 pm »

An AOL email address??? Really??

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Badger
Citizen

« Reply #344 on: November 16, 2015, 03:08:42 pm »

An AOL email address??? Really??

Ha!  I hadn't even noticed.  I'd noticed the "truamerican2" part but hadn't even paid attention to the domain.  That's hilarious.

I also didn't realize until a few minutes ago that there was a separate thread following his sheriff campaign:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21158.0

Plus...  I guess I've been too out of the loop, because I also didn't realize that he'd dropped out of the race, then decided to re-enter because there were just too many people supporting and encouraging him to do so.  See that thread for the amusing details.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:20:26 pm by Badger » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org